Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iup basketball

When's this 'top secret' roster going to be posted? As per the norm ... last team to post.

Re: Iup basketball

The secret is making me angry!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      When's this 'top secret' roster going to be posted? As per the norm ... last team to post.
      http://www.iupathletics.com/roster.a...85&path=mbball

You have to toggle the year to 2016-2017 once you click on the schedule link, but here it is.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

So they did sign Nkumsah (the center). This is the first I've ever heard of the Milo kid (freshman).

Comment

Okay, who's missing here? Obviously Norfleet, Daddy, Hanner, Rocco due to graduation. Bearer and McConnell??

Is this team really going to be better minus Norfleet and Daddy? (even Hanner)

Doesn't Danielak have two years of eligibility left?

Comment

Bearer and McConnell are absent. Danielak does have two years.

I tend to think, yes, this will be a better team overall. Deeper.

Cottrell is a big addition. Huge, actually. They really missed him last year. Having that big rim protector who can also score and grab boards is massive. He also plays much smarter than Daddy.

You aren't replacing a Norfleet with one player. That's for sure. They are pretty big on Hutton as a 'Norfleet type' from what I hear. Huff is also going to get a lot of minutes.

Danielak has a lot of hype. He's going to take Hanner's spot. Not sure if he'll do all the ugly work Tanner specialized in but unlike Hanner he's a huge offensive weapon (Marcel type small forward).

Dante and Cobo are a year older. Spain and Glover are solid.

I don't see a lot of minutes for Miller or Nkumsah. I'd suspect at least one of them takes a redshirt but who knows.

The lineup combinations are going to be very interesting. I hope we don't have point guard tryouts for the first 10 games again ... didn't work too well last year. I'd go Glover from Day 1.

Joe's going to have a deep, quality bench. This is more of a seasoned team now than last year. Hopefully it gets off to a better start and gels fast.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-07-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Is there going to be enough balls to go around with this team?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                Is there going to be enough balls to go around with this team?
                Likely. Joe ordered three dozen brand new Wilson NCAA Official Game Balls. I believe they shipped already. Should be plenty to go around for practice, shootarounds, and warmups. No worries there!

Comment

Being told that both Miller and Nkumsah are red-shirting this season.

Comment

So they did sign Nkumsah (the center). This is the first I've ever heard of the Milo kid (freshman).
                    Is Nkumsah the same kid who was being discussed a few months ago? Obviously the old threads are gone but I could have sworn that kid was from Delaware and was 6'8" or 6'9. According to the roster this kid is 6'5 and from New York.

Comment

I was surprised to see that, too. It also had him listed as a guard.

He did play high school basketball in Delaware (Middletown High). Perhaps he's originally from NY. Other than that it's pretty hard to dig anything up on the guy. From a few newspaper photos he certainly looks taller than 6'5" ... very thin with very long arms. It looks like he averaged about 7.5 ppg and a boatload of blocked shots.

Then again, I've quit believing listed heights long ago.

He got very little press ... hopefully a diamond in the rough.

Milo seems like a nice player from his recruiting video. He looks like a very nice ball handler from a pretty strong high school program.

Comment

The opener versus Lincoln is being played in the Field House. The following night versus Urbana will be in the KCAC.

Comment

The opener versus Lincoln is being played in the Field House. The following night versus Urbana will be in the KCAC.
                          Why was the Lincoln game changed from the KCAC to Memorial Field House?

Comment

It is likely due to an event scheduled at the KCAC. They tend to play one game a year at the old gym (Field House).

A lot of the older fans seem to enjoy it ... memory lane type of thing. My era at IUP was over there so I think it's kind of cool for one night.

The Saturday games will be back at the KCAC. I think as long as the Field House is still standing this 'tradition' will continue.

The Field House is like every other gym in the PSAC other than Cal. They have a state of the art arena like the KCAC, too.

All of that said, if this is truly an 'overbook' .... it's getting awfully coincidental.

Comment

One item of note:

Greg Bearer has returned to the roster. CJ Rudisill has been removed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X