Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Yep...During those years both IUP and WLU were at the top of their games. In the 2014 game, WLU was able to exert their will on IUP and win the game...Following year, IUP was able to turn the tables and win the day. Even though losing to a rival stings, neither team had much to be ashamed of either year.

As for the why WLU won the 2014 game, weather IUP shooters were tired and weather that effected their shooting, I've seen it happen too many times to dismiss it. Only other option is that the two IUP players just choaked. But then again, Chuck's speculation that Crutch altered the tilt and rotation of the earth does seem to have some merit to it! I mean, god like powers is one way of explaining how a tennis coach can come into a DII basketball program and overnight turn them into a 30 win machine year after year after year!!!

Since winning the 2014 game v. IUP, WLU has gone 8-4 with only one Elite 8 appearance. While some programs might be happy with that, for WLU, that 's not very good and certainly not up to standard.

Comment

It would be hard to duplicate what Crutch does at a major (MAYBE it could be done at a mid major). Your observations are spot on but I would add that his is a "star-less" system. Not that he doesn't have players that become stars (Monteroso, Bonifant, Harris, etc.), but within each game their system is star-less in that every player on the court who get's the ball is EXPECTED to take (and make) the shot if he has it, AND pass the ball if he doesn't (even if it is a "star"). With WLU, opponents truly have to defend all five players because all are equally as likely to take and make the shot if you give them space.

Comment

Anybody know what kind of money IUP is getting for this Kentucky game?

I heard two years ago they got $35,000 from Syracuse and $15,000 from Villanova.

Anybody considering going to Rupp Arena?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I heard two years ago they got $35,000 from Syracuse and $15,000 from Villanova.

I believe that Bravado does have a bit of a Kentucky connection as his older son Dom worked in the Wildcat program several years back IIRC.

-

Comment

Take the lump and the money.

It will sure make Concord and VSU seem slower the next weekend.

I felt not playing one of these last year hurt them.

Comment

When was the last time IUP played a D3/NAIA/PSU satellite campus? Because I was actually stunned to see Westminster (Pa.) on the schedule.

Speaking of money games, the IUP women's will play a preseason exhibition at Ohio State.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I think 2011 was the last time.

They scheduled Le Moyne, Fairmont, Bowie and Virginia State. So, yes, the D3 was a bit odd.

Comment

I said that last year that they needed to play a true scrimmage like previous years or that Canadian tour they did. You've got to get some sort of game action in before a real game.

Comment

I think 2011 was the last time.

They scheduled Le Moyne, Fairmont, Bowie and Virginia State. So, yes, the D3 was a bit odd.
                    Those four games are a gauntlet, the lay up game was a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      I said that last year that they needed to play a true scrimmage like previous years or that Canadian tour they did. You've got to get some sort of game action in before a real game.
                      They went in to the Findlay game cold as ice last year. No exhibition and Findlay played three. Obviously it showed.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                        When was the last time IUP played a D3/NAIA/PSU satellite campus? Because I was actually stunned to see Westminster (Pa.) on the schedule.

Speaking of money games, the IUP women's will play a preseason exhibition at Ohio State.
                        Wonder if Urban Meyer will keep quiet about this, too, if the IUP gals get beat out there?

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                            I believe that Bravado does have a bit of a Kentucky connection as his older son Dom worked in the Wildcat program several years back IIRC.

-

Comment

I've spent a lot of time in both Louisville and Lexington. Both are awesome places.

Note: I said 'places' and not 'small towns' .... lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                I've spent a lot of time in both Louisville and Lexington. Both are awesome places.

Note: I said 'places' and not 'small towns' .... lol.

Right. I caught that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X