Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Guess it's way too early to talk about it but it would be cool if both the IUP M & W teams could host the region. Has IUP ever hosted a region in the KCAC? My best recall is that they have not. I think the last time the men hosted one was in 2010 and the gals back in 2008, which of course culminated in the infamous Mount Olive affair.

I guess another question---is it permitted that the same school is able to host BOTH the men's and women's regional at the same time? I have no idea on that. But at least IUP has two basketball arenas so I suppose that it could work out.

Putting the horse before the cart here, but something to perhaps start thinking about in terms of long-range plans.

-

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    IUP wins, 86-73.

Malik -- 25 points, five rebounds
    Dante -- 13 points, 12 assists, five steals, four rebounds
    Willem -- 21 points, nine rebounds
    Cobo -- 15 points (just 6 for 15 shooting); only played 25 minutes after first-half foul trouble

16 turnovers for IUP. 20 for UPJ.

13-0...next up: at Mercyhurst
    Joe says postgame Willem's mother back in Holland was just diagnosed with a treatable form of cancer, so it was nice to see him have a big game down low.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Guess it's way too early to talk about it but it would be cool if both the IUP M & W teams could host the region. Has IUP ever hosted a region in the KCAC? My best recall is that they have not. I think the last time the men hosted one was in 2010 and the gals back in 2008, which of course culminated in the infamous Mount Olive affair.

I guess another question---is it permitted that the same school is able to host BOTH the men's and women's regional at the same time? I have no idea on that. But at least IUP has two basketball arenas so I suppose that it could work out.

Putting the horse before the cart here, but something to perhaps start thinking about in terms of long-range plans.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Great d effort.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

IUP wins, 86-73.

Malik -- 25 points, five rebounds
    Dante -- 13 points, 12 assists, five steals, four rebounds
    Willem -- 21 points, nine rebounds
    Cobo -- 15 points (just 6 for 15 shooting); only played 25 minutes after first-half foul trouble

16 turnovers for IUP. 20 for UPJ.

13-0...next up: at Mercyhurst

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The freshmen class is legit. Most would start at other schools right now. He has two more stars already signed for next year, too.

My only fear with this team is it has played a putrid schedule to this point. It hasn't been remotely challenged yet and it is now January. Their closest game so far is 19 points (and that was after WCU chipped it down that tight at the end).

That's not all their fault. They can't control the quality of PSAC opponents. But, they played a very, very weak non-conference schedule.

I do agree they are very deep and talented. Getting D'Anna back soon is very important -- mainly against Cal and Edinboro.

I'd have liked to see them get tested at least a little prior to the Cal game.

The only real weakness I see is they love to miss layups. It hasn't mattered so far but it will soon.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Last WV player to come to IUP was Travis Tomer. Hopefully this guy sticks around longer if he commits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Joe doesn't typically offer unless he already knows the answer. Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP has offered PG Bryce Radford (Woodrow Wilson High School - Beckley, WV).

It appears he also has offers from Concord and Glenville State.

Last WV player to come to IUP was Travis Tomer. Hopefully this guy sticks around longer if he commits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The freshmen class is legit. Most would start at other schools right now. He has two more stars already signed for next year, too.

My only fear with this team is it has played a putrid schedule to this point. It hasn't been remotely challenged yet and it is now January. Their closest game so far is 19 points (and that was after WCU chipped it down that tight at the end).

That's not all their fault. They can't control the quality of PSAC opponents. But, they played a very, very weak non-conference schedule.

I do agree they are very deep and talented. Getting D'Anna back soon is very important -- mainly against Cal and Edinboro.

I'd have liked to see them get tested at least a little prior to the Cal game.

The only real weakness I see is they love to miss layups. It hasn't mattered so far but it will soon.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Iup basketball

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    Agree that GU could be a tough out if they can score 65 points per game. But it actually has to happen. Some believe that this scorer could be Frank Webb, who sat out the last two games with an injury. I thought that he was more day-to-day, but it must be more serious than expected.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP has offered PG Bryce Radford (Woodrow Wilson High School - Beckley, WV).

It appears he also has offers from Concord and Glenville State.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X