X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If Lock Haven is making money off football with what they're drawing up there, gotta give 'em credit for really knowing how to squeeze a nickel.
    They make it on the tuition. Many of their players pay the bulk of their own way to play there.

They probably don't even make enough on tickets to cover the game-day staff expenses.

LH is a perfect example of the big issue. Kids will continue to go there for a year or two, build their resume ... and get the freak out of there as soon as they are marketable. Can't blame them ... the program stinks and they can get much more money elsewhere. It's basically becoming a farm system.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Think of it like the small town shot & beer bar. It ain't pretty but if it weren't profitable it wouldn't be there.
    If Lock Haven is making money off football with what they're drawing up there, gotta give 'em credit for really knowing how to squeeze a nickel.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Think of it like the small town shot & beer bar. It ain't pretty but if it weren't profitable it wouldn't be there.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, some of our schools are probably on their way to 1,500 students. LOL. Sad but not that far-fetched.

If we were to need a member ... all I'm saying ... they could be a candidate to target. My guess is the PSAC would go after Frostburg State pretty hard.

With the way things are going ... we many actually need a member in the coming years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Updated MEN'S Standings

WEST
    TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK NEXT
    IUP* (1) 18-2 24-2 W9 Clarion
    Mercyhurst* 16-4 22-2 W5 at California
    Pitt-Johnstown* 15-5 19-7 L2 at Seton Hill
    California* 14-6 19-7 L1 Mercyhurst
    Slippery Rock* 12-8 16-10 W5 Edinboro
    Gannon* 10-11 13-12 W1 OFF
    Edinboro 6-13 8-16 L2 at SRU
    Clarion 5-16 9-17 L7 at IUP
    Seton Hill 3-17 3-22 L6 Pitt-Johnstown

EAST
    TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK NEXT
    Millersville* 15-5 21-5 L1 West Chester
    East Stroudsburg* 15-5 17-7 W4 Mansfield
    Shippensburg* 14-6 17-8 W2 at Shepherd
    West Chester* 10-9 16-9 W4 at Millersville
    Shepherd* 8-12 12-14 W1 Shippensburg
    Lock Haven* 8-13 11-14 L2 OFF
    Kutztown 5-15 8-18 W1 Bloomsburg
    Bloomsburg 4-17 5-20 L3 at Kutztown
    Mansfield 3-17 4-22 L5 at ESU

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I disagree. SVC is small (1,500 undergrads) and tuition-driven (modest endowment ~$100M). We have enough of those schools. I think adding them to the PSAC will only make recruitment tougher since they'll be offering coupon codes for big discounts versus our much smaller real dollars.
    Well, some of our schools are probably on their way to 1,500 students. LOL. Sad but not that far-fetched.

If we were to need a member ... all I'm saying ... they could be a candidate to target. My guess is the PSAC would go after Frostburg State pretty hard.

With the way things are going ... we many actually need a member in the coming years.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

I'm not aware they are looking to jump. But, they'd fit the profile and have good proximity.

But, they are in a good D3 league full of somewhat close schools. Seton Hill would be ideal in the PAC.
    I disagree. SVC is small (1,500 undergrads) and tuition-driven (modest endowment ~$100M). We have enough of those schools. I think adding them to the PSAC will only make recruitment tougher since they'll be offering coupon codes for big discounts versus our much smaller real dollars.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied

Well, Cal is now also joined with East Stroudsburg and UPJ (PSAC teams with 7 losses). Shippensburg is right behind them with 8 losses. Everybody aside from one PSAC team is taking another loss next week at some point. For at large bids (if they don't get the auto) I'd say it's imperative these four cannot lost again prior to the tournament -- especially Ship. Obviously all but one CIAA and MEC will add losses next week, too.
    Well, the YellowJackets have a tough road to staying at 6 losses themselves. The MEC always ends the season with their version of "rivalry week." Every team plays its closest geographical competitor for the final game of the season. But that means WVSU closes with Charleston, which is no gimme. If WVSU loses to Charleston and doesn't run the table in the MEC tourney, they'll be sitting right with Ship at 8 losses.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

A collective sigh of relief was heard emanating from Institute, WV, as the YellowJackets of WVSU see a glimmer of hope that they can sneak into the regional if Cal continues to falter.
    Well, Cal is now also joined with East Stroudsburg and UPJ (PSAC teams with 7 losses). Shippensburg is right behind them with 8 losses. Everybody aside from one PSAC team is taking another loss next week at some point. For at large bids (if they don't get the auto) I'd say it's imperative these four cannot lost again prior to the tournament -- especially Ship. Obviously all but one CIAA and MEC will add losses next week, too.

The Vulcans will actually come up in tomorrow's RR release (as last night's loss won't calculate until next week).

No time for a hangover in the Angelo Dome. Mercyhurst visits tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Rock gets the big win at California ... in what may have been one of the ugliest combined last 20 minutes I've ever watched.
    A collective sigh of relief was heard emanating from Institute, WV, as the YellowJackets of WVSU see a glimmer of hope that they can sneak into the regional if Cal continues to falter.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied
    Gannon rallies from 39-21 down to win by 14. LAP with 34, most by a GU player since Adam Blazek scored 37 in 2012 as a freshman at the same Tippin Gymnasium.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Rock gets the big win at California ... in what may have been one of the ugliest combined last 20 minutes I've ever watched.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Things are not going well in the Valley as ROCK has used 3s, FTs and Rbds to lead the VULCANS 42-37. They have 20 minutes to get it together or get ready to play that first round playoff game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Rock up 5 at halftime down at Cal.

We've seen this plenty of times. Can SRU close one out?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Have they begun the process of moving to D2? They're currently D3, right? To your knowledge, are they looking to make the jump the way Frostburg did when they joined the MEC?\

And in truth, even in its current form, SVC's gym wasn't half bad compared to some of what we see in our respective leagues currently.
    I'm not aware they are looking to jump. But, they'd fit the profile and have good proximity.

But, they are in a good D3 league full of somewhat close schools. Seton Hill would be ideal in the PAC.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X