Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: Pitt

I don't know what to think about UK vs Buffalo today.

UK isn't a typical UK but they find ways.

Buffalo had its moment but all those wild treys won't fall two games in a row. They did look real good.

I'll say one thing .. this tournament has Vegas in a frenzy

The one and done, heavy freshmen teams struggle against these mid-major, upplerclassmen types.

Funny to think Carl Anthony-Towns should be a senior playing for UK today. Imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      I don't know what to think about UK vs Buffalo today.

UK isn't a typical UK but they find ways.

Buffalo had its moment but all those wild treys won't fall two games in a row. They did look real good.

I'll say one thing .. this tournament has Vegas in a frenzy

The one and done, heavy freshmen teams struggle against these mid-major, upplerclassmen types.

Funny to think Carl Anthony-Towns should be a senior playing for UK today. Imagine that.
      Imagine how awesome college hoops would be if the NBA had the same rule as the NFL in that players are required to put three years into the college game before they turn pro. It would make for a much better product for both the NCAA and the NBA, which would be getting more honed and polished players who had time to mature both physically and mentally.

If Buffalo takes down Kentucky, look out Nate Oats. He may get stampeded by schools wanting to hire him. Same with the guy from UMBC.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Guess who has two thumbs and picked UVA to win it all.
        LOL. I'll go out on a limb here and guess that you are not the only one in the same predicament.

I haven't filled out a bracket in many years now. I feel more sane since I gave it up.

That had to be the absolute craziest event ever in the NCAA Tournament ever!

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
          Yeah, it was actually nice to get a reminder of how utterly painful it is to watch a Jamie Dixon-coached team on the offensive end of things. Good God! Let's not have anyone wishing he were back at Pitt.

Apparently Pitt talked to Thad Matta. Wonder how that went.

Paul Zeise said that Danny Hurley only makes $1 million per year at Rhode Island with a base salary of $300,000 a year. If Pitt is serious about getting their program back into high gear one would be inclined to think that he would have a hard time saying no if they were to triple his salary. But the Hurleys are different people. Jersey City gym rats who never grew up in a world of privilege. Dollar signs may not be the deciding factor to lure one of the Hurley brothers into town.

-

Comment

By March, Boheim usually has that zone humming. It can discombobulate some good offenses.

Comment

Jamie still looks like he's never seen the Syracuse zone.

Incredible the amount of empty seats.
              That's because Michigan State played in the opener in Detroit in front of a sold-out arena. Most of them didn't stay till midnight for the TCU / Syracuse game.

Comment

LOL. Yeah, I heard one of the studio analysts or broadcasters mention that about TCU today. I nearly fell over.

But last night sure brought back some awful memories of the latter Dixon years at Pitt.

One rather fortuitous thing for Pitt is that many of the coaches that the various media outlets have floated/speculated as possible candidates for the job lost this weekend, thereby freeing them to be interviewed by the university brass. Sean Miller, Danny Hurley, Bobby Hurley, Nate Oats, Mark Schmidt, Ron Sanchez (asst Virginia) all rather conveniently lost.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                  That's because Michigan State played in the opener in Detroit in front of a sold-out arena. Most of them didn't stay till midnight for the TCU / Syracuse game.
                  #lame

Comment

Buffalo didn't even remotely look like that team from Thursday night. They didn't have that same spark. Of course the banked in treys and such won't fall two games in a row but ....

UK also had the advantage of not being surprised. Arizona looked they thought they could go on cruise control to start the game

Curious to see if UMBC can maintain its momentum.

Marshall ... momentum won't be an issue in this one. These two aren't real fond of one another. If anything they need to not get too amped up.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS
                      Buffalo didn't even remotely look like that team from Thursday night. They didn't have that same spark. Of course the banked in treys and such won't fall two games in a row but ....

UK also had the advantage of not being surprised.
                      Arizona looked they thought they could go on cruise control to start the game

Curious to see if UMBC can maintain its momentum.

Marshall ... momentum won't be an issue in this one. These two aren't real fond of one another. If anything they need to not get too amped up.
                      In all fairness to Nate Oats and Buffalo----Kentucky looked like a bunch of ultra-Super Men out there. Goodness sakes, how did they get a five seed??

Kentucky and Duke look like the best teams that I have seen thus far, though I have not seen all the games. 'Nova looked real good, too.

I wonder what sort of financial compensation these top flight schools give their players. You all know that it happens!

-

Comment

UK basically starts fresh every year. They always seem to peak in late February. Athletically ... insane.

Comment

UK basically starts fresh every year. They always seem to peak in late February. Athletically ... insane.
                          Superhuman is what it seemed to be. They will be a tough out. Duke is nasty as well. Marv Bagley---Good Lord!

Did anyone happen to catch the Le'Veon Bell pic in the local edition playing Steelers charity basketball against the Saltsburg faculty? My Lord, how utterly stupid is he. Why would he be risking himself in a silly game like that especially given his contract status as far as I understand it. Had he any brains he would have signed what the team offered him last year. Too much dope!

-

Comment

That's funny ... first thing I thought when I saw the paper yesterday.

He's technically not under contract now. Gigantic risk. Lots of $$$$ in play.

Comment

That's funny ... first thing I thought when I saw the paper yesterday.

He's technically not under contract now. Gigantic risk. Lots of $$$$ in play.
                              The guy is one heck of an NFL RB. He's also stupid as a stump. If I was his agent he would not be fooling around like that. Heck, I would have grabbed his arm last summer when the Steelers offered him something like $43 million to sign his deal.

He's one injury away from never playing again and he's not taking care of business. He is really out there. I guess he figures that he has the rap career to fall back on.

-

Comment

• Pitt has formally offered Dan Hurley the coaching position. Multi year deal in excess of 3 million per year. UCONN and URI have also offered a contract and extension respectfully. Reported deals are less than what Pitt has offered, but he is considering all three offers.

The belief from what I have read is that he will still accept the Connecticut offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X