6. West Liberty
    10. East Stroudsburg
    13. IUP

Street & Smith's

1. West Liberty
    3. IUP
    7. Virginia State

Re: Preseason Polls - Atlantic Region

We weren't ranked going into the postseason last year so 10th feels like a correction. With the loss of Harris I wouldn't put us much higher than 20th or so, but could definitely see us playing our way back into the rankings as we have depth and talent once again. More of a retooling year than a rebuilding year for the Warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
      We weren't ranked going into the postseason last year so 10th feels like a correction. With the loss of Harris I wouldn't put us much higher than 20th or so, but could definitely see us playing our way back into the rankings as we have depth and talent once again. More of a retooling year than a rebuilding year for the Warriors.

The East is going to be a war among the Top 4.

Comment

7th! What! We were a overrated #1 seed last year in the tournament! We should be in the top 4. ;)

Our schedule is a beast! We definitely will be tested.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
          7th! What! We were a overrated #1 seed last year in the tournament! We should be in the top 4. ;)

Our schedule is a beast! We definitely will be tested.
          You got some good transfers from Cal (PA)

You guys were weird last year. Seemed like the team regressed. Probably injuries (I don't know the details).

Comment

Consensus between these two polls is:

1. WLU
            2. IUP
            3. (Tie) VA State and ESU

Seems about right...for a preseason poll.

Of course WLU is going to be down because we have a second year HC who couldn't possibly be as good as the guy he replaced. Or at least thats what I hear!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

1. WLU
              2. IUP

Of course WLU is going to be down because we have a second year HC who couldn't possibly be as good as the guy he replaced. Or at least thats what I hear!

Cheer up. You haven't heard that from anybody.

Comment

1. WLU
                2. IUP

That's a consensus for sure. However, Fairmont State may be the best team in the Region and isn't ranked in either. Not that it matters ... these are just designed for us idiots to start talking about basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  That's a consensus for sure. However, Fairmont State may be the best team in the Region and isn't ranked in either. Not that it matters ... these are just designed for us idiots to start talking about basketball.
                  Didnt you hear? Fairmont is supposed to be down because they also have a second year coach. Infact, the whole MEC is supposed to be down this coming season!

Comment

Didnt you hear? Fairmont is supposed to be down because they also have a second year coach. Infact, the whole MEC is supposed to be down this coming season!
                    That would be fantastic. Lol.

I'm not buying it, however. WL, FSU and Concord are going to be real good.

Tell you what. ... since you are doom and gloom ... I'll bet all three make the dance. Give me some good odds.

Comment

That would be fantastic. Lol.

I'm not buying it, however. WL, FSU and Concord are going to be real good.

Tell you what. ... since you are doom and gloom ... I'll bet all three make the dance. Give me some good odds.
                      Oh I'm not doom and gloom at all. Just relaying what a poster said about WLU, Fairmont and the MEC in general.

I personally think this year will play out like most over the last 7 years...minus WJU. WLU and Fairmont will fight it out for the conf title with Concord and NDC trying to crash the party. MEC tourney will be a wide open affair with probably 6 teams with a legit chance of winning and claiming the tourney title. Within region I see WLU and Fairmont as top 4 teams with the winner of the MEC regular season crown the odds on favorite for the SR1 top seed.

Comment

Oh I'm not doom and gloom at all. Just relaying what a poster said about WLU, Fairmont and the MEC in general.

I personally think this year will play out like most over the last 7 years...minus WJU. WLU and Fairmont will fight it out for the conf title with Concord and NDC trying to crash the party. MEC tourney will be a wide open affair with probably 6 teams with a legit chance of winning and claiming the tourney title. Within region I see WLU and Fairmont as top 4 teams with the winner of the MEC regular season crown the odds on favorite for the SR1 top seed.
                        Crazy basketball is just around the corner.

Comment

You still dreaming about this mythical anti-MEC group that only you claims exists?

Comment

You still dreaming about this mythical anti-MEC group that only you claims exists?
                            Nope...PSAC poster came on this board and said exactly that. WLU and Fairmont were destined to be down this year because they each had second year coaches that replaced coaches that produced great teams. He went on to say that the MEC as a whole would be down thia year. Years past other PSAC posters have predicted down years for WLU most recently before last season when we lost our HOF head coach, all American PG, highly productive 6th man as well as a couple of other starters. The posters typically say thing like since WLU lost soooo much, SR1 will be wide open this year.

Comment

Nope...PSAC poster came on this board and said exactly that. WLU and Fairmont were destined to be down this year because they each had second year coaches that replaced coaches that produced great teams. He went on to say that the MEC as a whole would be down thia year. Years past other PSAC posters have predicted down years for WLU most recently before last season when we lost our HOF head coach, all American PG, highly productive 6th man as well as a couple of other starters. The posters typically say thing like since WLU lost soooo much, SR1 will be wide open this year.
                              Interesting... no real fan would be saying that!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X