Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think guys like Nate Oaks are more in line to take big jobs. Young and proven head coaches with a lot of success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: OT: D1

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
      Wahab to Georgetown
      That's disappointing but not all that surprising I suppose. Georgetown is only like 20 minutes from his current location and his mommy wanted him to go there. But they have a ton of centers there. I think they recruited several and got an experienced transfer at center. I'm not sure why he would want to go there with so much competition and playing in a lesser conference. He would have started at Pitt from Day 1 and had all the work he could have wanted.

But keep in mind a lot can happen between the verbal commit and the actual signing. Who knows what any of these guys will do between now and then. Maybe that is why Capel is not overly concerned about early commits at this point? I have no idea on that. He knows that situations will change for these players when coaches start being fired and moving around here come March. That is how they got Xavier more or less as he wanted initially to go to Nebraska.

There is still a lot to happen!

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
        I think guys like Nate Oaks are more in line to take big jobs. Young and proven head coaches with a lot of success.

You can add the name of Nate Oats of Buffalo to that list as well. He will be a red hot commodity here in a month and a half. LOL.

-

Comment

I agree all the way with this. Well-argued. I guess we don't know how many more years old guys like Williams and Coach K will go. But there is no real speculation at the moment that their retirements are pending.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            You can add the name of Nate Oats of Buffalo to that list as well. He will be a red hot commodity here in a month and a half. LOL.

-

Autocorrect got me on that one lol

Comment

Unless Duke brass wants to go the whiny b itch route and take Bobby Hurley of ASU. LOL.

But he's building out there. They are starting to win conference games and he has a five-star recruit lined up for next year.

I'm actually a big Bobby Hurley fan. I'd like to see him take over at Duke someday. He would have the pedigree for it if that is how they want to play it.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                That's disappointing but not all that surprising I suppose. Georgetown is only like 20 minutes from his current location and his mommy wanted him to go there. But they have a ton of centers there. I think they recruited several and got an experienced transfer at center. I'm not sure why he would want to go there with so much competition and playing in a lesser conference. He would have started at Pitt from Day 1 and had all the work he could have wanted.

But keep in mind a lot can happen between the verbal commit and the actual signing. Who knows what any of these guys will do between now and then. Maybe that is why Capel is not overly concerned about early commits at this point? I have no idea on that. He knows that situations will change for these players when coaches start being fired and moving around here come March. That is how they got Xavier more or less as he wanted initially to go to Nebraska.

There is still a lot to happen!

-
                The chance to be coached by Patrick Ewing is probably pretty appealing for young big men.

Comment

The Saturday night Pac 10 game with Bill Walton is almost must-see TV. He's just incredible to listen to for two hours.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    The Saturday night Pac 10 game with Bill Walton is almost must-see TV. He's just incredible to listen to for two hours.
                    I always really liked PAC-12 hoops. Kind of a fun thing to behold.

Syracuse may be a middle of the pack ACC team---but look for them to make some noise come the NCAA March Madness Tourney. I really believe that.

Duke looking good!

I'll have some more updates on Pitt recruiting here soon. SG Gerald Drumgoole is a hot name at the moment. I believe that I mentioned him several weeks ago.

-

Comment

He is the worst. I always mute the tv or turn the channel if he is announcing

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post
                        He is the worst. I always mute the tv or turn the channel if he is announcing
                        Each his own, I suppose. He cracks me up. It sounds like he's either high as a kite or having some acid flashback half the time. Maybe both.

I really miss Brent Musburger. He's my favorite of all-time. It's not a big game broadcast if it doesn't start with "You are looking live ..."

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Each his own, I suppose. He cracks me up. It sounds like he's either high as a kite or having some acid flashback half the time. Maybe both.

I really miss Brent Musburger. He's my favorite of all-time. It's not a big game broadcast if it doesn't start with "You are looking live ..."

Comment

Was waiting all day for this UVA vs NC game.

Comment

Was waiting all day for this UVA vs NC game.
                              I was happily watching it on one of the ESPN channels earlier this evening when I discovered that it was a NC-UVA game from 1995. I did think it odd that the Tar Heels had another Calabria in the fold. LOL.

-

Comment

Some GREAT NEWS for Pitt recruiting just coming down the pike------standout 6-5 shooting guard Gerald Drumgoole has just committed to the Panthers! He'll certainly add some much needed pop and sizzle to the Pitt perimeter game next season. This is really a great get!

Next up for Pitt commits could be PF Karim Coulibaly or the Champagnie twins. Things are really getting exciting here!

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X