X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    It's got be all seniors getting an extra year or none of them. It can't just be the players who had postseason games wiped out.
    But why? Most of the seniors at the DII level had completed the last game they were going to play in college because they were on non playoff teams. Only players truely effected are the players on the teams that were in the playoffs and that applies to Seniors as well as Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen. All these players have lost out equally on one season of the playoffs regardless of what class they are in.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

My sarcasm apparently didn't translate well.

I disagree in turn. ESU was ranked behind VSU pretty much only because of head-to-head. With that tiebreaker, they get the 7 seed. It's that simple.
    So we're supposed to believe a four-game losing streak had less importance than a loss in the first weekend of the season?...Not buying it...

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    No, the federal government has not acted very quickly here. Testing is still not where it should be. State governments, plus private companies, sports leagues etc. really have provided most of the leadership until this week. People saying we're at low or high risk are doing so at the moment without even having a clue to how many are infected. There were the first reported cases in Cumberland County, just north of here, on Friday. Basically, you're at low risk until you aren't. I'm not sure about your precedent theory. Do we shut down again for a mass pandemic? Depends what is it is and whether we're ready for it. Obviously if something even more severe than this thing (something equivalent to the 1918 influenza or the plague) comes along, yes we will shut down. If these mitigation efforts work, and this shuts down after a few thousand cases, that's fine.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It's got be all seniors getting an extra year or none of them. It can't just be the players who had postseason games wiped out.
    Correct. And, a vast number would just choose to move on with life and not return. But, the option should be given. I actually think it will be granted.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

If they end up not playing spring sports at all then I do feel those players should be eligible for an extra year. Basketball, however, they played the whole regular season. Nothing guarantees any team or player playoffs... so they're eligibility is done.
    We'll see. There are some extremely powerful people leading the charge. I wouldn't call it a dead issue just yet. Far from it, actually.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It has some legs. A petition has already started to let seniors return next year (winter sports).

Not all would choose to but many probably would.
    If they end up not playing spring sports at all then I do feel those players should be eligible for an extra year. Basketball, however, they played the whole regular season. Nothing guarantees any team or player playoffs... so they're eligibility is done.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    There is no way all seniors from winter sports should be able to return next year. Perhaps seniors or others who hadn't finished their seasons yet and had a chance to play in championships could return. Should they return for a whole year, or 2nd semester, or in the case of swimming and wrestling, just for the tournaments?

The PSAC may still have league play for spring sports from what I read. -" That all countable related athletic activities (CARA) is suspended until March 30 at which time the Board of Directors will review a proposal from the Athletics Administrators to resume CARA or suspend for the remainder of the semester. This includes practices, lifting sessions, team meetings, etc."

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It has some legs. A petition has already started to let seniors return next year (winter sports).

Why stop at Seniors. I mean, all winter and spring sport athletes, regardless of weather they are Senior, Junior, Sophmore or Freshman have had their seasons "cut short." If you are going to give Seniors and extra year of eligibility, you should give every player an extra year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    A step in the right direction, if only for spring-sport athletes. Glad to hear it.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...7NkvJu2eRk-OcQ

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    A step in the right direction, if only for spring-sport athletes. Glad to hear it.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...7NkvJu2eRk-OcQ

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Armstrong school district is closed until further notice

edit: all schools in PA closed for 10 business days, situation to be evaluated after the 10 days
    Last edited by Chuck Norris; 03-13-2020, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I look at it and say ... IUP could get back Malik and Chucky ... and Tommy Demogerontas ... and add Ousmane Diop.

Then I say ... that's the team they should have had this year ... LOL.

Malik and Chucky never took a redshirt year. Redshirt Joe would want to sit them for a year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Unique circumstances bring about unique decisions. I just wouldn't rule it out. The subject is getting a lot of national buzz.

Leave a comment:

• Dirtybird
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X