Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Edinboro was ranked 6th this week in the region and lost at home this week to a team with a losing record in Gannon. They went 0-1 this week.

West Lib was #8 ranked in the region this week and just defeated a team that finished the year with a winning record. #9 Concord and #7 UC won yesterday over teams that had a losing record, but they won on a neutral floor.

Regional committees are a little quirky at times, but I think West Lib and UC should be safe unless an at-large wins the PSAC.

I'd put the odds of that happening at about 2 percent. Maybe less.

Comment

Edinboro was ranked 6th this week in the region and lost at home this week to a team with a losing record in Gannon. They went 0-1 this week.

West Lib was #8 ranked in the region this week and just defeated a team that finished the year with a winning record. #9 Concord and #7 UC won yesterday over teams that had a losing record, but they won on a neutral floor.

Regional committees are a little quirky at times, but I think West Lib and UC should be safe unless an at-large wins the PSAC.
      I don't follow women's basketball...AT ALL. But generally I would think Boro's loss to Gannon coupled with WLU and Concord's run to the MEC Tourney Semi's should result in Boro falling out of the NCAA Playoff Picture in favor of WLU and Concord.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        I don't follow women's basketball...AT ALL. But generally I would think Boro's loss to Gannon coupled with WLU and Concord's run to the MEC Tourney Semi's should result in Boro falling out of the NCAA Playoff Picture in favor of WLU and Concord.
        Boro played their way out. Plain and simple. If they do slide in it's a blessing for them.

Comment

At the half: #2 Fairmont State leads #7 Shepherd by a score of 34-28. Rams need Lang to heat up a bit.

Comment

Turned on the game a little bit ago here in the office. The live webcast is fantastic.

Comment

This FSU/Shep game is unfortunately a good example of neutral site day games during the business day. It looks like there's less than 150 people in there.

Comment

Fairmont storms out to a 10-0 run to start the second half and lead 44-28.

The MEC has great mult-media. Not surprised as that was Reid Amos speciality. My video keeps freezing up at work, but it may be my wireless. The broadcasts and video have been excellent.

Comment

Shepherd should have left at halftime.

Getting real ugly.

Comment

The blowout is happening....65-36 with 9:44 left. Namolik gets a technical. A great guy, but I wonder if his days are numbered over there. They look like they have checked out.

Comment

The blowout is happening....65-36 with 9:44 left. Namolik gets a technical. A great guy, but I wonder if his days are numbered over there. They look like they have checked out.
                      Dreadful performance ... look like they'd rather be at the dentist (and I noticed that long before the run-away started).

Comment

76-39...and Mazzulla shows mercy with over five minutes to play and empties the bench.

Comment

81-54 final as Fairmont State advances. Shepherd scored most of their points that half in the final five minutes. I think Fairmont State got every loose ball and every 50/50 ball in the first 15 minutes of that half. Last Shepherd basketball game in small college basketball in WV. An end of an era. This certainly wasn't a team that resembled the Bob Starkey teams of old.....Rodney Sewell, Mike Philippi, Antoine Makle, Bobby Chuey, etc.

Comment

I have a feeling the only game all day that will be any good to watch is the night-cap between Charleston and Concord. I could see these next two also being blowouts.

Comment

#3 Notre Dame leads #6 WV State 47-33 at half.

Comment

81-54 final as Fairmont State advances. Shepherd scored most of their points that half in the final five minutes. I think Fairmont State got every loose ball and every 50/50 ball in the first 15 minutes of that half. Last Shepherd basketball game in small college basketball in WV. An end of an era. This certainly wasn't a team that resembled the Bob Starkey teams of old.....Rodney Sewell, Mike Philippi, Antoine Makle, Bobby Chuey, etc.
                                And with that blowout, Shepherd has left the MEC building. It will be interesting seeing how they stack-up against the PSAC next year because they didn't stack up to well against the MEC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X