Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Atlantic Regional

Way better for all four teams for IUP to play second (should they get there).

They play first and 90% of arena leaves immediately following.

This way both games get a crowd.

Follow that coin.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Maybe IUP needs to give their employees a typing test??
      Why's it matter to you anyways? ESU is going to smack WL!

Comment

Why is everyone hating on VSU? I watched some of the ND vs SR game and while the big man and the guard was impressive I think we can win this game if we play defense and not take ND too lightly. We only lost to IUP by 2 points! 3 of our 4 losses were by a combined 4 points! The only legitimate lost we had all season was to King because we just got tired of winning. We should have been undefeated this season. I expect VSU to make it to the regional final vs IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
          Why is everyone hating on VSU? I watched some of the ND vs SR game and while the big man and the guard was impressive I think we can win this game if we play defense and not take ND too lightly. We only lost to IUP by 2 points! 3 of our 4 losses were by a combined 4 points! The only legitimate lost we had all season was to King because we just got tired of winning. We should have been undefeated this season. I expect VSU to make it to the regional final vs IUP.

You shouldn't have been undefeated. The IUP game was only close at the end because IUP missed about 8 foul shots in the final 4 minutes.

I watched VSU also play Pitt-Johnstown (loss). They (VSU) took them way too lightly and it bit them.

That side of the bracket is a tough path. If you get past ND (I'll call it a 50/50) ... then you get the winner of West Liberty and East Stroudsburg in Round 2. The positive for you is the winner of that game is going to be exhausted. Playing the next day won't be easy.

Nobody is hating on them. They just have their work cut out for them.

Comment

Taking it a step further ... NOBODY is talking about Mercyhurst having a chance to win this Regional.

p.s. They can.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Taking it a step further ... NOBODY is talking about Mercyhurst having a chance to win this Regional.

p.s. They can.
              You shouldn't have been undefeated. The IUP game was only close at the end because IUP missed about 8 foul shots in the final 4 minutes.

I watched VSU also play Pitt-Johnstown (loss). They (VSU) took them way too lightly and it bit them.

That side of the bracket is a tough path. If you get past ND (I'll call it a 50/50) ... then you get the winner of West Liberty and East Stroudsburg in Round 2. The positive for you is the winner of that game is going to be exhausted. Playing the next day won't be easy.

Nobody is hating on them. They just have their work cut out for them.
              Truth on all accounts!!! For the record I took VSU round one of the pick em!

Comment

p.s. They can.
                I picked Mercy to win the regional. Their style is really tough to play against. The Lakers could have easily won the PSAC if they could have thrown the ball in the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                  I picked Mercy to win the regional. Their style is really tough to play against. The Lakers could have easily won the PSAC if they could have thrown the ball in the lake.
                  Mercyhurst getting a lot of local buzz as the dark-horse favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                    It's hard to win championships playing that style.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      It's hard to win championships playing that style.

Comment

Last week was a neat experience as I actually got to watch Mercyhurst in person play somebody other than IUP. I wasn't as invested in the score, etc., and paid more attention to the actual flow of the game.

As I said in my point spread post, to me, their greatest strength is simply that they don't change. Regardless of who they play it's the same. Teams have to adapt to them -- typically on short notice. They run that triangle and two to perfection (in the years he has the right athletes). It isn't like it's a mystifying defense but it's one not seen often. I think they benefit in the same ways Navy football does.

Against East Stroudsburg, I'm not sure the Warriors scored on their final 9 possessions of the first half. By mid-way through the second half they were getting extremely agitated. The Mercyhurst offense is deliberately very slow and, in turn, their defense forces their opponents' offense to move very slow.

If IUP makes it to Sunday I'd much rather see them play Fairmont State. IUP is a horrific match-up for Fairmont State. And, ... I'm not sure I can sit through IUP/Mercy Part 4. Watching another 62-55 game is OK during the West grind but I'd prefer to see some action in mid-March.

Comment

Last week was a neat experience as I actually got to watch Mercyhurst in person play somebody other than IUP. I wasn't as invested in the score, etc., and paid more attention to the actual flow of the game.

As I said in my point spread post, to me, their greatest strength is simply that they don't change. Regardless of who they play it's the same. Teams have to adapt to them -- typically on short notice. They run that triangle and two to perfection (in the years he has the right athletes). It isn't like it's a mystifying defense but it's one not seen often. I think they benefit in the same ways Navy football does.

Against East Stroudsburg, I'm not sure the Warriors scored on their final 9 possessions of the first half. By mid-way through the second half they were getting extremely agitated. The Mercyhurst offense is deliberately very slow and, in turn, their defense forces their opponents' offense to move very slow.

If IUP makes it to Sunday I'd much rather see them play Fairmont State. IUP is a horrific match-up for Fairmont State. And, ... I'm not sure I can sit through IUP/Mercy Part 4. Watching another 62-55 game is OK during the West grind but I'd prefer to see some action in mid-March.
                          Beggars can't be choosers! Just win and advance!!!

Comment

I'll use this term very loosely but based on our panel of 'experts' in the Pick 'Em ... here is how the results are in after 8 people have picked:

IUP vs West Chester: 100% selected IUP

Mercyhurst is picked over Fairmont State by 5 of the 8

Notre Dame is picked over Virginia State by 5 of the 8

West Liberty vs. East Stroudsburg is the tightest -- with each getting 4 votes

As for the 'which team will win' category:

IUP - (6) votes
                            Virginia State - (1) vote
                            Mercyhurst - (1) vote

Comment

You are correct ... ESU did not score for the final 5:28 of the first half. They committed eight consecutive turnovers before missing a shot in the final minute.

Comment

Stellar live feed from Glenville. I've had it on two minutes and it's froze twice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X