Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings 2021

The NCAA has released the first regional "rankings" (although they are simply not ranking . . . yet . . . due to the fact that the schedules have been so uneven).

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...gional-ranking

Atlantic (Under Consideration) Charleston (West Virginia) 10-2 10-2
    Fairmont State 8-2 8-2
    Findlay 13-4 13-4
    Glenville State 7-2 7-2
    Hillsdale 15-1 15-1
    Kentucky Wesleyan 9-4 9-4
    Mercyhurst 9-0 7-0
    West Liberty 9-3 9-3
    WVSU apparently not receiving consideration at the moment--"jumped" by Kentucky Wesleyan in this first set of rankings. Quite frankly, I would have thought WVSU would garner more consideration than Glenville (although admittedly WVSU is always a bit inconsistent which seems to have hurt them in this shortened field). But WVSU has a good chance of having something to say about all of this at Wesbanco Arena in a couple of weeks.

Leave it to the NCAA to come up with "rankings" that don't actually "rank" anything!!

Comment

Admittedly we Atlantic types don't have our finger on the GMAC pulse, but it also appears that one more loss for either Findlay or KWU could spell disaster for one of them as well.

Comment

Mercyhurst should get a nice bump in the metrics if it goes 2-0 versus currently undefeated Gannon.

Gannon and Mercyhurst both have awful strength of schedules right now ... but, they can only play who they can play.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Mercyhurst should get a nice bump in the metrics if it goes 2-0 versus currently undefeated Gannon.

Gannon and Mercyhurst both have awful strength of schedules right now ... but, they can only play who they can play.
          I think going 0-2, for EITHER team, will severly hinder that teams chances of making the field. Both teams SOS is terrible. Mercyhursts opponents have won a total of 19 games this year!
          Last edited by boatcapt; 02-18-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Mercyhurst will finish 11-0 and make the field. Plain and simple. Gannon is not a good 7-0 team! They don't pass the eye test and they only beat D-Youville by 10. Hurst beat them by 34 and 68.

Comment

Mercyhurst will be a really interesting case study for the committee. You and I both know they're deserving, dangerous, and poised for a big run. But I wonder how some committee member from the West Coast simply looking at the data might view them. Granted the national polls have been recognizing their strength so far, so maybe it won't be a problem. But I have a bad feeling they'll be a bit underseeded and then sneak up on an unsuspecting opponent (like maybe a second-round date with a Hillsdale or something like that).

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                Admittedly we Atlantic types don't have our finger on the GMAC pulse, but it also appears that one more loss for either Findlay or KWU could spell disaster for one of them as well.
                Well...Tuesday KWU lost to Findlay and now has 5 DII losses. Guess we will see if they fall out of the "under consideration" list.

Comment

With just 6 teams making it ... a wildcard winning a conference tournament could be devastating for many.

Mercyhurst isn't going to sneak up on anybody. If you're in D2 in this part of the country ... they aren't sneaking up on you regardless of what they get seeded.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I think going 0-2, for EITHER team, will severly hinder that teams chances of making the field. Both teams SOS is terrible.
                    One loss, my opinion, may knock out an independent. Two losses and they are planning the banquet.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Mercyhurst will finish 11-0 and make the field. Plain and simple. Gannon is not a good 7-0 team! They don't pass the eye test and they only beat D-Youville by 10. Hurst beat them by 34 and 68.

Gannon's schedule has been very weak but they get their big shot on Saturday. We'll learn much more about them very soon.

Comment

With just 6 teams making it ... a wildcard winning a conference tournament could be devastating for many.

Mercyhurst isn't going to sneak up on anybody. If you're in D2 in this part of the country ... they aren't sneaking up on you regardless of what they get seeded.
                        Nobody in the regional will want to play Mercyhurst. That's all I'm saying!

Comment

Nobody in the regional will want to play Mercyhurst. That's all I'm saying!
                          Agreed. No argument here.

Traditional Atlantic teams have at least seen Mercy's approach/defense (not that that makes it any less difficult to deal with). Those GMAC teams have no idea what's about to hit them!

Comment

Gannon's schedule has been very weak but they get their big shot on Saturday. We'll learn much more about them very soon.
                            I'm telling you, it won't be pretty!!! Hurst (-18.5)

Comment

I'm telling you, it won't be pretty!!! Hurst (-18.5)

Remember when the GU vs. Mercy football game would have more combined points scored than the GU vs. Mercy basketball game? LOL. JR vs. Gary ... those were some dogfights.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X