Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is all about matchups. Hillsdale played same style as hurst but was bigger.
    wlu changed the game by making them run and move.
    wlu plays very good half court defense.
    fatigue caused their foul shooting woes imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
      It is all about matchups. Hillsdale played same style as hurst but was bigger.
      wlu changed the game by making them run and move.
      wlu plays very good half court defense.
      fatigue caused their foul shooting woes imho.
      I thought the same thing about their free throw shooting. Cartier barely missed last night. In the second half tonight, every free throw he put up was short. That looked like a fatigue issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I thought the same thing about their free throw shooting. Cartier barely missed last night. In the second half tonight, every free throw he put up was short. That looked like a fatigue issue.
        Did u see him in first half at foul line signalling to bench to take him out? He was exhausted. Marlon was making him work really hard on offense too.
        another intangible impact of wlu style.

Comment

We certainly didn't play a perfect WLU game tonight. Seemed like our focus was more on taking our traditional pressure and ramping it up to 11. That constant unrelenting defensive pressure allowed us to make Hillsdale expend a ton of energy which effected their ability to shoot. We also seemed to be laser focused on rebounding and, surprisingly to me, we actually won that battle. We didn't shoot "lights out" like we have in the past but we did shoot well enough to win. We also took care of business at the free throw line which was huge given some of our recent struggles!

To paraphrase Deadpool...WLU did it the old fashion way, maximum defensive effort.

Comment

West Lib draws the #7 seed and Northwest Missouri State. West Texas AM is the #1.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
              West Lib draws the #7 seed and Northwest Missouri State. West Texas AM is the #1.
              really surprised WLU as low as 7... I think they could have been up to at least 6 if not 5 (just looking at other's schedules and results).. West Texas AM not a shocker at #1... they've ran through most of their competition with ease. WLU could definitely beat NW MO ST, not guaranteed, but I don't think it's out of the question. If they do, I think their final 4 matchup will be easier than their elite 8 one.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

really surprised WLU as low as 7... I think they could have been up to at least 6 if not 5 (just looking at other's schedules and results).. West Texas AM not a shocker at #1... they've ran through most of their competition with ease. WLU could definitely beat NW MO ST, not guaranteed, but I don't think it's out of the question. If they do, I think their final 4 matchup will be easier than their elite 8 one.
                You're right about that. In the end, if you're gonna win the thing, you have to deal with NWMo at some point. May as well rip off the band-aid and try to take care of them right out of the gate.

Comment

And just wait until you see the Hudgins kid. He's the real deal. Hudgins makes someone like Dale Bonner seem easy to defend by comparison.

Comment

And just wait until you see the Hudgins kid. He's the real deal. Hudgins makes someone like Dale Bonner seem easy to defend by comparison.
                    It's pretty baffling he's in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's pretty baffling he's in D2.
                      With even a little more size, he'd likely be P5 D1.

The fact that he's from Manhattan leads one to wonder why K-State didn't jump at him.

Comment

With even a little more size, he'd likely be P5 D1.

The fact that he's from Manhattan leads one to wonder why K-State didn't jump at him.
                        Hard to say. Recall how Sleva was coming out of high school. He was a 6'4" forward that nobody wanted aside from Shippensburg. Three years later he was 6'9" and terrorizing D2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X