• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Psac tournament discussion

The West was bad this year.

Comment

If any C'HAWKS fans are interested in seeing this afternoon's PSAC WBB game and are not fans of STRETCH, CUTV will be streaming live from SHIP, albeit with a CALU slant, at http://youtu.be/_G3yR8gt8A8

Comment

WHY is iup graduate Terri Piatek a ref for the women's CHAMPIONSHIP game? I don't like
        this arrangement when iup is playing against Cal. It's bad enough during a regular season game, but NO WAY should she be assigned a playoff game, especially the Championship game when iup is involved.
        . Cal has enough going against it with 2 starters injured.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          The West was bad this year.
          Highly agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
            WHY is iup graduate Terri Piatek a ref for the women's CHAMPIONSHIP game? I don't like
            this arrangement when iup is playing against Cal. It's bad enough during a regular season game, but NO WAY should she be assigned a playoff game, especially the Championship game when iup is involved.
            And, without Morgan Jennings, I'd be concerned about Cal getting past Glenville, much less winning the region.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post

Why do so many people think that something like where a referree went to college will have ANY impact on how the game is called? Is is THAT unthinkable that someone can be un-biased...You should be more worried about how gassed Cal looked after barely beating ESU...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                Why do so many people think that something like where a referree went to college will have ANY impact on how the game is called? Is is THAT unthinkable that someone can be un-biased...You should be more worried about how gassed Cal looked after barely beating ESU...
                There is no sense for CalU fans to worry. I'm amazed how far they've come already, with what's left of the team.
                I don't know how they beat Edinboro or ESU! Our season is essentially over, and nothing can be done about it. Like they say, It is what it is...and we must live with it. We're mighty proud of our coaches and TEAM. We just feel sorry for our Seniors.
                We'll be back next year...and I mean BOTH the women's and men's teams.

Comment

Don't give up. Bench players play better at home. I think they can still win the Atlantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                    Don't give up. Bench players play better at home. I think they can still win the Atlantic.
                    Give the circumstances if they manage to make it to the ELITE EIGHT, that would actually be almost as big an accomplishment as the NC in'15. Not only did they lose 29 PPG with the loss of GLENN and DORAN, but their two best defenders and veteran leaders. The team has represented CALU to the absolute best they could and true VULCAN fans couldn't be prouder.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                      Give the circumstances if they manage to make it to the ELITE EIGHT, that would actually be almost as big an accomplishment as the NC in'15. Not only did they lose 29 PPG with the loss of GLENN and DORAN, but their two best defenders and veteran leaders. The team has represented CALU to the absolute best they could and true VULCAN fans couldn't be prouder.
                      So, I take it that both Glenn and Doran are out for Regionals?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        2012-13 season Gannon women hosted the Atlantic region. I watched a team that dressed only eight players somehow make it the regional final. that team was cal coached by Jess strom. They lost the final 50-47 but she gained my respect as a coach and I have been a fan ever since. they won't go down without a fight that I can guarantee you

Comment

What a crazy regional that was ... Cal was up something like 18-14 at the half after Gannon ended the half on a 5-0 run. Gannon took a 44-36 lead into the final 1:30 and Cal started hitting 3's left and right and Cal had a possession to tie the game.

Cal also had a few breaks along the way ... they were the beneficiary in their first round victory after Edinboro's center was out with an injury; she tried to play, but to no avail. Cal then beat #6 Glenville State coached by Bunky Harkleroad in the second round. Glenville knocked off defending champ Shaw after going 20/32 on threes. Glenville played a breakneck pace -- they exchanged waves of 5 players every minute.

Comment

Gannon had a break of their own. Iup beats Bloomsburg in the 4/5 matchup. Bloomsburg easily beat Gannon in the psac championship a week earlier. Iup was a much better matchup. That was a fun regional.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                              What a crazy regional that was ... Cal was up something like 18-14 at the half after Gannon ended the half on a 5-0 run. Gannon took a 44-36 lead into the final 1:30 and Cal started hitting 3's left and right and Cal had a possession to tie the game.

Cal also had a few breaks along the way ... they were the beneficiary in their first round victory after Edinboro's center was out with an injury; she tried to play, but to no avail. Cal then beat #6 Glenville State coached by Bunky Harkleroad in the second round. Glenville knocked off defending champ Shaw after going 20/32 on threes. Glenville played a breakneck pace -- they exchanged waves of 5 players every minute.
                              Also worth noting: Cal defeated Glenville State at the start of the 2012-2013 season. That's why I tend to believe that seeds aren't as relevant, even in the Regional tournament, as much as matchups are.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X