Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Atlantic Region brackets

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
    VUU might still be a year or two off, but I think they are about to be a force for years to come. Their coach played at VUU under the legendary Dave Robbins during the glory years along side Ben Wallace so he knows about the history of VUU basketball. He also lead UDC's women to some successful years not too long ago. In two seasons he already has VUU back in the playoffs after the previous staff saw them become a bottom feeder in the CIAA. They're coming off 2 straight losses, but prior to that they were on a 9 game winning streak. Again I don't know if they have enough to pull any upsets this year, but I have a feeling they are on track to becoming a mainstay at the top of the region.
    Thanks for that info. I remember VUU being a power back when IUP started putting itself on the basketball map in the 90s. I just have one of those hunches that this game will be much closer than most think. Then again, I pretty much stink at picking games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
      Thanks for that info. I remember VUU being a power back when IUP started putting itself on the basketball map in the 90s. I just have one of those hunches that this game will be much closer than most think. Then again, I pretty much stink at picking games.
      The Virginia Union team that invaded the Hammermill in December 1991 was loaded ... There were people that said that they could be competitive in the SEC. Gannon hit a late 3 to beat the Panthers to give VUU one of its two losses on the way to winning the national championship. That game ranks was one of the biggest GU upset victories at the Hammermill.

Comment

I notice you can't buy tickets online or by phone -- which is just utterly amazing in this day and age.

Does anybody foresee any issue with getting tickets for this event on Saturday? What does the FSU facility hold?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          I notice you can't buy tickets online or by phone -- which is just utterly amazing in this day and age.

Does anybody foresee any issue with getting tickets for this event on Saturday? What does the FSU facility hold?
          Doesn't each team get an allotment of tickets that can be purchased at the school?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
            Doesn't each team get an allotment of tickets that can be purchased at the school?
            I believe the championship manual for basketball states that each school receives a minimum of 150 tickets for the first session you are playing in.

Comment

The facility holds 4000. I dont find an issue w tickets. What i find sad is 5 of the top 10 teams in the nation reside in the Atlantic region. Some teamselsewhere are lucky cuz 2 of these teams could win it all. The regionsshould cross because west lib and fairmont st and iup are wayyyyy above anyone else in this region and maychers in the nation. Joke thst wilson put west lib at 3rd in region. That dude is clearly off his game which is why his school is wack. Should not be in a committee yet a elementary physed class

Comment

West lib will smack shipp , no meaning of disrespect, if it comes to that. I dont think any of these teams can hang w west lib or fairmont st. And its obvious fairmont st ymca play ground ball only goes so far...WL IQ is way above its competitors . Hence WL should advance to elite 8

Comment

LOL, Chevydude89. Tell us how you really feel.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    LOL, Chevydude89. Tell us how you really feel.

L-O-L. Those two posts were the funniest things I've read in a good while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chevydude89 View Post
                      The facility holds 4000. I dont find an issue w tickets. What i find sad is 5 of the top 10 teams in the nation reside in the Atlantic region. Some teamselsewhere are lucky cuz 2 of these teams could win it all. The regionsshould cross because west lib and fairmont st and iup are wayyyyy above anyone else in this region and maychers in the nation. Joke thst wilson put west lib at 3rd in region. That dude is clearly off his game which is why his school is wack. Should not be in a committee yet a elementary physed class

Jeff Wilson is literally shaking in his boots right now. I'll make that guarantee. Put his face on a milk carton, because he's going to disappear after that annihilation. You can bet your West Virginia state quarter on that.

Comment

He'd be a great Duke fan. Same mentality.

Not sure how you say IUP is 'waayyyyyyyyy' above Ship when Ship beat IUP twice in our building. That is wack, too.

"West Liberty will SMACK Ship ........... but no disrespect" Quote of the century on here.

You better sneak Anthony Davis in to a WL uniform by Sunday.

You might actually like Sleva. He may be even more arrogant than you are ...
                        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-09-2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Shippensburg beat iup twice, kutztown and east stroudsburg all on the road. They are a very good team.

Comment

Is this the first time that the word "wack" has ever been used on this board? Serious question.

Comment

What a progression of that post too...

We go from respecting the entire Atlantic Region first.

We quickly then move into "5 of the top 10 teams in the nation" and feeling bad because they all have to play each other. So we eliminate Wheeling Jesuit real quick with the respect card.

Then it's West Lib, Fairmont, and IUP are the only real teams in the region. Let's cross off Ship and Kutztown.

Then none of these teams can hang with West Liberty and Fairmont. So no need to show up IUP.

Then we learn that Fairmont's YMCA playground ball will only go so far, so thus West Liberty will cruise to the regional crown.

And before we sign off... BOOM! GET OUT OF HERE JEFF WILSON! YOU DON'T BELONG IN A PHYS ED CLASS! LET THE WORLD KNOW.

Went from respect for the entire region, to respecting 5 teams, to 3, to 2, and then to 1. But hey, no disrespect though.

Funniest thing I've honestly seen on this board in a while.

Don't drink and type. Lol

Comment

Don't forget that "West Liberty's players' IQs are way above its competitors so they should advance to the Elite 8."

Without a doubt the best post combination in the history of this message board ...

No disrespect, though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X