Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT:D1 moves/Summit League

Amazing that Upper Iowa has the largest budget of the NSIC schools without hockey. Based on that, I would be surprised if they were not at 36 scholarships in football very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
      Amazing that Upper Iowa has the largest budget of the NSIC schools without hockey. Based on that, I would be surprised if they were not at 36 scholarships in football very soon.
      If UIU does indeed have the 22nd highest budget in all D2 land without hockey, they sure as he!! are getting a poor return on their investment. AU Athletic Director Slade Larscheid stated their Budget to be 10.3 million far over the 8.6 million listed.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        If UIU does indeed have the 22nd highest budget in all D2 land without hockey, they sure as he!! are getting a poor return on their investment.
        In the major sports, sure. But they do have one of the best wrestling programs in the country. I'm guessing that's funded better than most in the league. They also probably have to have one of the larger travel budgets.....in the South, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by cavsfan94 View Post
          Is this the list of D2 athletic budgets? If so, would it be OK if you posted a source on this?
          The original content was posted by another user earlier in this thread. I don't know where the data came from

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            If UIU does indeed have the 22nd highest budget in all D2 land without hockey, they sure as he!! are getting a poor return on their investment. AU Athletic Director Slade Larscheid stated their Budget to be 10.3 million far over the 8.6 million listed.
            This was also announced in the post as 2015 numbers. AU likely increased their budget over the years.

Comment

Upper Iowa will absolutely be at 36 scholarships. They have the largest (fully D2) athletic budget in the conference. And they are committed to keeping it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by cavsfan94 View Post
                Is this the list of D2 athletic budgets? If so, would it be OK if you posted a source on this?
                https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

Comment

So, not a very important thing but made me laugh.

The evening Bison radio guy tonight was talking about ratings and how things are tracked. He ended by saying that Bison basketball and Bison baseball had about the same amount tune in...

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    Wow...i know more goes into things but....whats St. Cloud's financial problem again?

Thanks for passing on.
                    Lol. I'm not 100% sure. The athletic department has become so damn insular and controlling. I don't think they hustle to get funds. Morris Kurtz (previous AD) was a bad money manager, but he was a hustler. WTF.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X