X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

A number of kids already do. Heck, did you forget Clayton Vette going from Iowa State to Indiana State to Winona State?! He could've been the first Cream Abdul-Jabbar, but Winona stole him with their NIL money!
    Got four years out of him. How often is that going to happen anymore?

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Speaking of being in college forever…P**k*r F*x will be back for his 8th season next year.
    You sure Margs isn't licking his chops at the idea of taking him in the portal

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Not here, not now, not ever.
    You’re right. I’m sorry. I’ve edited my original post.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Speaking of being in college forever…Parker Fox will be back for his 8th season next year.
    Not here, not now, not ever.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

A number of kids already do. Heck, did you forget Clayton Vette going from Iowa State to Indiana State to Winona State?! He could've been the first Cream Abdul-Jabbar, but Winona stole him with their NIL money!
    Speaking of being in college forever…P**k*r F*x will be back for his 8th season next year.
    Last edited by Purple Mav Man; 04-18-2024, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    SDSU transfers worked out for Winona, what could go wrong this go around.

Glad your optimism is back.
    Glad you're back to posting, always good to have a young curmudgeon on the boards.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    SDSU transfers worked out for Winona, what could go wrong this go around.

Glad your optimism is back.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    Read this earlier today. The future will have some of these guys transferring three or four times during the course of their careers. Puts a whole new meaning on the term one and done.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Update on this as of today, coincidentally...

https://x.com/rossdellenger/status/1...721973910?s=46
    Read this earlier today. The future will have some of these guys transferring three or four times during the course of their careers. Puts a whole new meaning on the term one and done.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

My understanding is that the rule that requires the player to sit out a year after the first transfer was put on hold by a court. That might be driving the surge in student athletes entering the portal.
    Update on this as of today, coincidentally...

https://x.com/rossdellenger/status/1...721973910?s=46

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied

You’re not wrong. But now that he’s used his first transfer, the next time he does it, he’ll have to sit out a year (if I understand correctly), which may not be the most appealing option, even if he does still have a redshirt year to burn. Unless he’s there long enough to grad transfer. Which would then justify my original comment.
    My understanding is that the rule that requires the player to sit out a year after the first transfer was put on hold by a court. That might be driving the surge in student athletes entering the portal.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

No guarantees in the portal era.
    You’re not wrong. But now that he’s used his first transfer, the next time he does it, he’ll have to sit out a year (if I understand correctly), which may not be the most appealing option, even if he does still have a redshirt year to burn. Unless he’s there long enough to grad transfer. Which would then justify my original comment.

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied
    It's one thing for players to go to Emporia, but at least they're mostly out of sight, out of mind. It really sucks balls to have to watch Kirkman at Mankato for the next three years.
    No guarantees in the portal era.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    It's one thing for players to go to Emporia, but at least they're mostly out of sight, out of mind. It really sucks balls to have to watch Kirkman at Mankato for the next three years.
    Touche

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X