X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    My inside source has given me horrible news. Ahrman Lewis, Brayson Laube, Caden Kirkman and Dallas Bear have hit the portal. If this is 100% true it is devastating news for AU BB. Lewis and Kirkman were the future. If they flee to Emporia it will be worse news. The portal sucks.
    That would not be ideal for Augustana fans but given the coaching change it would be understandable. Given that Schlatter is expected to follow Tom to Emporia and Casey's recruiting ties to Iowa it would also be understandable for some, most, or all of them to end up at Emporia. Again it sucks as Augie fans but these guys deserve a chance to assess their future given what has transpired over the last week.

In the mean time, let Cody cook. I firmly believe recruiting will be one of his strongest qualities as a coach.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    My inside source has given me horrible news. Ahrman Lewis, Brayson Laube, Caden Kirkman and Dallas Bear have hit the portal. If this is 100% true it is devastating news for AU BB. Lewis and Kirkman were the future. If they flee to Emporia it will be worse news. The portal sucks.
    This would definitely be a big blow to Schilling's start. Hard to avoid it. Honestly, I'm glad to hear Hinker and Akoi are staying. If the Vikes can pull in the elder Ferguson, that could at least be a bandaid on the situation. He was a stud coming out of high school. Guessing the younger brother is good as well.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    It appears Cody has offered Don and Tameron Ferguson from St Cloud. Don spent this season at Coppin St while Tameron is a senior at St Cloud Tech.

The two large dominos that have yet to fall are Caden Kirkman and Arhman Lewis, both guys who could be all conference players this coming season. Retaining both would be a coup for Cody, keeping one would be a win, and if they both go elsewhere it's understandable given the coaching change.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Whoops, I guess it was current players that I saw....Rensch and Brown were the two main ones I saw.
    Hinker and Akoi as well.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post

I have seen 4 current players say they are coming back but haven't heard anything about the commits for next year. Where have you seen this?
    Whoops, I guess it was current players that I saw....Rensch and Brown were the two main ones I saw.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post

I heard unofficially that Casey Schlatter is following Billeter to Emporia State.
    That would make a lot of sense

Leave a comment:

• AU Vikings
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Looks like the recruits I've seen are keeping their commitments to Augie
    I have seen 4 current players say they are coming back but haven't heard anything about the commits for next year. Where have you seen this?

Leave a comment:

• AU Vikings
    replied
    Looking over MBB roster I see asst coach Casey Schlatter is no longer listed with the staff. Could this lead to Schilling and Schilling?
    I heard unofficially that Casey Schlatter is following Billeter to Emporia State.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Look at you guys, with your bright shiny toys and the ability to make a qualified alum your new leader. While some of us get stuck behind a bitter AD on her way out who then proceeds to screw our basketball program by hiring an unqualified dolt. I think you have a good one in Mr. Schilling.
    Really sad what went down at SCSU. There were better candidates for the HC position without hiring a WSU alum that's been away in TX. She stuck it to the Huskies and now you will have to wait for a number of years.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Looks like the recruits I've seen are keeping their commitments to Augie

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Looking over MBB roster I see asst coach Casey Schlatter is no longer listed with the staff. Could this lead to Schilling and Schilling?

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
    Total head-scratcher. From the outside, makes zero sense, given all the variables -- city, school, (recent) legacy, etc.

Wonder if he didn't like the idea of playing second fiddle to hockey. Who knows.
    Texas Tom moves closer to Texas...

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    She really rubbed in that bitterness. The (used to be) fans seem to be carrying that torch now.
    Damn right I'm bitter. I would like to have a team I feel passionate about. I went to some games this year, non-scsu games, but its just not the same.
    Brett Putz should be the men's basketball coach at scsu.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Ridge Viking
    replied
    Total head-scratcher. From the outside, makes zero sense, given all the variables -- city, school, (recent) legacy, etc.

Wonder if he didn't like the idea of playing second fiddle to hockey. Who knows.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X