X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

2019 Augie commit Jaeden King puts up 26 to lead all scorers in the big-time Minnesota high school basketball match-up between Cretin-Derham Hall and Apple Valley. That's a game that includes high-major D1-signed Tre Jones for Apple Valley (going to Duke), high-major D1-signed Daniel Oturu for Cretin-Derham Hall (going to Minnesota) and likely mid-major D1 talent Sy Chatman.

Hoping the Vikes can hang on to him. Long time to wait before King is actually signed to Augie.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    This kid is trying his darnedest to not be a Viking. :)

http://www.cdhraiders.org/news_artic...rer_id=3549280
    Enjoy the show in St Cloud this weekend, lookings for free, touchings gonna cost you

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

That's enough out of you.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

The 10-0 Augustana Women have moved up to #14, still one spot behind Mich. Tech a team AU whipped 95-82 in a neutral site.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 12-25-2017, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Guest69
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Finally, this was first experience with Kaminsky in person and oh boy is he a treat. He growls, he stomps, he flails his arms, he'll create mismatches by going obscenely small because it's his only chance to win, and damn does his team play hard. If he gets any sort of uptick in the talent of his team they'll be a bother for all in their path.
    This is every interaction Kaminsky has had with an official.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    My understanding is davis is off the team for good...
    That's alright, he still believes in Santa Claus also.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    He was playing against Iowa Wesleyan in St. Cloud last night.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Augie's ten point win tonight over Wayne was their most balanced and complete effort given the opposition since their Indiana two-step. Jordan Spencer overcame a slow start to guide the way with 9pts-8ast-7reb while Steven Schaefer and Matt Cartwright shouldered the scoring load. Texas Tom sprinkled in a 2-1-2 or 3-2 zone heavily that threw the 'Cats off balance and actually caused two shot clock violations.

Schaefer's shooting exploits off the catch and the bounce can be extremely effective and well known to Augustana fans. Having said that, the aesthetics of Matt Cartwright's jump shot are visually flawless and make it seem that every shot leaving his hand could go in. He's currently filling the Al Richter role of spending most possessions stashed in the corner stretching the defense and waiting to strike, but he's adding more off the dribble moves each game and is a legit Freshmen of the Year candidate.

The most encouraging bright spot tonight was the second half play of redshirt freshmen Bodey Behrends, all 6 foot 9 190 pounds of him. His minutes and play have been extremely inconsistent this season but tonight he seized the perfect opportunity for him given the small size of the 'Cats. In seven second half minutes he had 4pts-4reb-3blk while looking like he belonged in a real NSIC game for the first time all year. If he can continue to understand the best way to use his size he'll be a difference maker on both ends.

Finally, this was first experience with Kaminsky in person and oh boy is he a treat. He growls, he stomps, he flails his arms, he'll create mismatches by going obscenely small because it's his only chance to win, and damn does his team play hard. If he gets any sort of uptick in the talent of his team they'll be a bother for all in their path.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Is the GOAT Gage Davis soon to be let out of basketball jail? Is he allowed to practice with team? With his return no other NSIC will challenge your snow dogs, I assume.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Yeah well, you know I'm here to clean up your messes. :)
    Is the GOAT Gage Davis soon to be let out of basketball jail? Is he allowed to practice with team? With his return no other NSIC will challenge your snow dogs, I assume.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Fair point on the Cities comment. Honestly don't know what I was thinking on that. That being said, I wasn't trying to imply that Jordan was in the Cities necessarily. Just came off that way because Tiedman is the player I posted about next.
    Yeah well, you know I'm here to clean up your messes. :)

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    Probably the least annoying post in this thread tbh. :)
    That was a pretty bad color choice, wasn't it.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    Probably the least annoying post in this thread tbh. :)
    Well played, GrifFan.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

They still playing on 9' hoops in SD. :)

Cathedral and Jordan are not located in the Cities. Kings numbers are good though as the Cretin schedule is a quality schedule.(Mainly because it against all MN schools :) )

If its annoying to non-Augie fans stop going into the Augie thread and reading. At least it sticks to the topic of the thread.
    Fair point on the Cities comment. Honestly don't know what I was thinking on that. That being said, I wasn't trying to imply that Jordan was in the Cities necessarily. Just came off that way because Tiedman is the player I posted about next.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X