• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Tough to not touch this one. :)
    I'm willing to bet there are at least a few teams in Minnesota from towns the size of Vermillion that aren't exactly loaded with high D1 or D2 talent.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Well...that's impressive. Plitzuweit is having a pretty memorable senior season so far. I've caught a couple of his games online, and it looks like there isn't much else on his team when it comes to talent. The games I saw were early in the year and he seemed to really be trying to pass the ball, find open guys, etc., and the guys he was passing it to were...struggling. I'm wondering if he's just gone into takeover mode after recognizing they had a better shot at winning if he just started to score more. He's the kind of kid who, if he gets hot, can light it up (obviously, based on last night's game and his 28-straight points in his 38-point performance a few nights ago).

On a side note, he's often doing this with not only the opponent's best defender on him, but occasionally even two guys on him consistently throughout the night. I think he has a chance to be a pretty special player for the Vikes.
    Tough to not touch this one. :)

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    In other Augie recruit news, Michael Schaefer put up 34 points and 14 boards in a win last night, and Eric Tiedman scored his 1,000th career point in a win last night over Bloomington Kennedy, so congrats to him. And, like Plitzuweit, incoming big man Trevor Hanson also set a school record for single game points scored at Sioux Valley with 45 a couple of weeks ago.
    With the graduation of the last four National Champion members and this incoming fantastic freshman class, next season will be interesting to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

In other Augie recruit news, Michael Schaefer put up 34 points and 14 boards in a win last night, and Eric Tiedman scored his 1,000th career point in a win last night over Bloomington Kennedy, so congrats to him. And, like Plitzuweit, incoming big man Trevor Hanson also set a school record for single game points scored at Sioux Valley with 45 a couple of weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Argus Leader Sports Retweeted

hank
    ?

@Brian_Haenchen
    2m
    2 minutes ago

More
    .@AugieMensBball commit AJ Plitzuweit (@ajplitz_21) set a @VermillionHoops record with 52 points tonight vs. Lennox.

But wait, it gets nuttier.

Dude scored 41 of those points in the second half alone.
    Well...that's impressive. Plitzuweit is having a pretty memorable senior season so far. I've caught a couple of his games online, and it looks like there isn't much else on his team when it comes to talent. The games I saw were early in the year and he seemed to really be trying to pass the ball, find open guys, etc., and the guys he was passing it to were...struggling. I'm wondering if he's just gone into takeover mode after recognizing they had a better shot at winning if he just started to score more. He's the kind of kid who, if he gets hot, can light it up (obviously, based on last night's game and his 28-straight points in his 38-point performance a few nights ago).

On a side note, he's often doing this with not only the opponent's best defender on him, but occasionally even two guys on him consistently throughout the night. I think he has a chance to be a pretty special player for the Vikes.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Argus Leader Sports Retweeted

hank
    ?

@Brian_Haenchen
    2m
    2 minutes ago

More
    .@AugieMensBball commit AJ Plitzuweit (@ajplitz_21) set a @VermillionHoops record with 52 points tonight vs. Lennox.

But wait, it gets nuttier.

Dude scored 41 of those points in the second half alone.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Coach Billeter on the radio yesterday shared a fun story (and several kind words) about Don Meyer toward the very end of the interview. Figured the NSU fans in particular might enjoy it.

http://kwsn.com/podcasts/sports-talk...no-9-northern/

Also mentioned, amongst other things, some stuff about this weekend's upcoming games somewhere in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• MStateMaverick
    replied

Originally posted by NorthernSunExperience View Post
    FYI, Augie doubleheader with Minnesota State is on Midco Sports Network starting at 6 PM tonight. Tune in and enjoy!
    Very enjoyable telecast, and the announcer and color person were very professional.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Also saw that Jaeden King was once again the leading scorer for Cretin-Derham Hall in a blowout win last night. He is a good basketball player.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Saw this and found it impressive:

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by NorthernSunExperience View Post
    FYI, Augie doubleheader with Minnesota State is on Midco Sports Network starting at 6 PM tonight. Tune in and enjoy!
    Locking in now for the only undefeated team in the Northern Sun, the Augustana Vikings womens basketball team!

Leave a comment:

• NorthernSunExperience
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Those still 9'6" rims over there? :)
    28.5" basketballs too, I believe.

At least we have a shot clock though.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Those still 9'6" rims over there? :)

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Couple of videos of incoming Viking Dylan Lebrun's rim attacks in a recent win...

Looking forward to seeing more of this over the next few years.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X