• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    36-12 Augie with 257 left in the half, even ground bound Andy Kerkman got a block!
    And a decent running 2-handed dunk early in the half.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

36-12 Augie with 257 left in the half, even ground bound Andy Kerkman got a block!

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Chadron finally scores a FG at the 1110 mark of the first half, 21-4 Augie

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

17-2 Augie with 1138 to go in the half, Chadron hit two FTs but is still without a FG

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

17-0 five minutes into the game, I'm beginning to think theres a reason the RMAC coaches picked Chadron to finish 14th in their league.

On the bright side this webcast is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

There are at least two or three dozen fans in attendance for the Augie @ Chadron matinee. Augie up 11-0 two and a half minutes into the game.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    That would be more than shocking with Spencer still on the team. That MSU squad had a senior leader (and leading scorer) of Stephen Kirschbaum. Good, smart kid, but not the kind of player you want as your 'best'. Ugh, what a terrible season to sit through that year...

You are spoiled.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Augustana men beat Doane College 111-72 in front of a crowd of 1567 on a Wednesday afternoon game at the Elmen center. What a change from the last couple of games as the Vikings played crisp and fast, out rebounding Doane 44-24. Steven Schaefer had a career high 30 points on a sizzling .750 shooting percentage. What was really encouraging was the play of freshman and sophomore Vikings, Jameson Byran looked like a veteran, as did Matt Cartwright. Hopefully Augie plays better the rest of season.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Checking the boards is a lot less fun when you're not winning.

Double digit losses won't surprise me. Not ready to say we're going to hit the level of the lost year at Mankato (2011-12, for reference), but if these last two losses don't get some of our guys going at a higher gear, I'm not sure what will.
    That would be more than shocking with Spencer still on the team. That MSU squad had a senior leader (and leading scorer) of Stephen Kirschbaum. Good, smart kid, but not the kind of player you want as your 'best'. Ugh, what a terrible season to sit through that year...

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Checking the boards is a lot less fun when you're not winning.

Double digit losses won't surprise me. Not ready to say we're going to hit the level of the lost year at Mankato (2011-12, for reference), but if these last two losses don't get some of our guys going at a higher gear, I'm not sure what will.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

First of all Wayne is not to be taken lightly, they are a hosting an NSIC Tourney game good. If this is just year two of Kaminsky look out.

The biggest thing I've noticed in the last three games is that losing plus defenders like Huisken and Beyer has hurt far more than the loss of Busack's offensive wizardry. The departure of Beyer's rebounding and defensive versatility has now left John Warren on an island as the only plus defender in the starting lineup. I think Dykman can one day be a capable defender given his athleticism but he and Asmus provide nowhere near the level of interior defense and rebounding of Huisken. Then again none of this should be surprising since Beyer and Huisken played in too many large moments to count over the past three years and their replacements are guys mostly beginning their college careers.

Augie will improve throughout the year as almost all Texas Toms are prone to do, but unless guys like Spencer, Schaefer, Asmus, and Dykman encounter a Rowengardneresque defensive rebirth it will probably result in double digit losses.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

That's two games, my friend. Both of which should have been winnable games by all means. But yes, not saying the ship is sinking, just that they might want to start rowing a little bit harder, preferably soon.
    Understood. I was referring to conference games. But yes, right now they are not rowing together. They may need Charlton Heston.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    One game- a loss on the road. Not all is lost. However you don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I'm a little surprised after losing to Graceland that the hustle factor didn't seem to be there. That should have been a wake up call.
    That's two games, my friend. Both of which should have been winnable games by all means. But yes, not saying the ship is sinking, just that they might want to start rowing a little bit harder, preferably soon.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    One game- a loss on the road. Not all is lost. However you don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I'm a little surprised after losing to Graceland that the hustle factor didn't seem to be there. That should have been a wake up call.
    That near loss the game before should have been a wake up call.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Hope we can figure some things out soon.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X