• Augieholic
    replied
    I told y'all to let Cody cook!!

Leave a comment:

• AU Vikings
    replied
    Originally posted by Husky View Post
    Ferguson brothers are committed
    Wow, this definitely changes my outlook for next year.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

One of the retweets of this announcement was Tanner TeSlaa. That could be nothing but it also could be something.
    Great news fellow Vikings fans. Not one, but 2 Ferguson brothers have committed to Augustana. Boo yah!

DF3 (@floatfamdon11) / X (twitter.com)

Leave a comment:

• Husky
    replied
    Ferguson brothers are committed

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post
    Augie gets a commitment from SDSU transfer Jack Hastreiter.

https://twitter.com/jack_hastreiter/...GJMdypCbg&s=19
    One of the retweets of this announcement was Tanner TeSlaa. That could be nothing but it also could be something.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Some news on an incoming player rather than an outgoing player:

Hastreiter played HS ball in Nebraska and is an SDSU transfer who averaged 3.6 minutes per game, 1 point per game, and 1 rebound per game. Hoping he can step in and make an impact out of the gate with Augie. Looks like he’ll have three years as a Viking, if I’m looking at it correctly.

Welcome to Augie and the Cody Schilling era, Jack!
    His brother just made a similar transfer from NDSU to MSUM

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Some news on an incoming player rather than an outgoing player:

Hastreiter played HS ball in Nebraska and is an SDSU transfer who averaged 3.6 minutes per game, 1 point per game, and 1 rebound per game. Hoping he can step in and make an impact out of the gate with Augie. Looks like he’ll have three years as a Viking, if I’m looking at it correctly.

Welcome to Augie and the Cody Schilling era, Jack!

Leave a comment:

• AU Vikings
    replied
    Augie gets a commitment from SDSU transfer Jack Hastreiter.

https://twitter.com/jack_hastreiter/...GJMdypCbg&s=19

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

These incoming recruits flipping to Emporia State makes a ton of sense. They’ve never experienced Augie, haven’t established relationships here, etc. Assuming Billeter or Schlatter were the key recruiters, it makes sense that they’d want to follow them.

Obviously the current roster kids can go wherever they want as well. Like vikingfaithful said, it’s tough to swallow, but that’s the way it is. Clearly some kids want to stay, as Helgren came back out of the portal. Hopefully others want to as well.

If not, it’ll be up to Schilling to restock the cupboard. Starting with a foundation of Hinker and Akoi is definitely a plus. I think Hinker could be an all-conference big man these next two years if he keeps progressing. Get a couple of transfers in and there may not be much of a drop-off at all.
    You're correct about a good foundation. Would think a transfer at point guard would find Augustana an attractive option as there is an immediate for the position. The program has a great tradition and will be alright. Cody has a fantastic resume as a head coach and will find a quality assistant. Augie will be a force again in the NSIC.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

I don't blame Billeter one bit. This is the way of college sports these days, and he's earned his street cred.

In an odd way, I kind of enjoy this portal mess. Keeps things interesting during what had been a down time for basketball.

Like Vikingfaithful, I have full confidence in Schiling to assemble a competitive roster.
    These incoming recruits flipping to Emporia State makes a ton of sense. They’ve never experienced Augie, haven’t established relationships here, etc. Assuming Billeter or Schlatter were the key recruiters, it makes sense that they’d want to follow them.

Obviously the current roster kids can go wherever they want as well. Like vikingfaithful said, it’s tough to swallow, but that’s the way it is. Clearly some kids want to stay, as Helgren came back out of the portal. Hopefully others want to as well.

If not, it’ll be up to Schilling to restock the cupboard. Starting with a foundation of Hinker and Akoi is definitely a plus. I think Hinker could be an all-conference big man these next two years if he keeps progressing. Get a couple of transfers in and there may not be much of a drop-off at all.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Ridge Viking
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Billeter doing what coaches do when they move on and it sucks to be on the losing end. I'll trust in Cody to make things right.
    I don't blame Billeter one bit. This is the way of college sports these days, and he's earned his street cred.

In an odd way, I kind of enjoy this portal mess. Keeps things interesting during what had been a down time for basketball.

Like Vikingfaithful, I have full confidence in Schiling to assemble a competitive roster.

Leave a comment:

• AU Vikings
    replied
    Donald Coats III also flips his commitment to Emporia State.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Billeter doing what coaches do when they move on and it sucks to be on the losing end. I'll trust in Cody to make things right.
    Last edited by vikingfaithful; 04-07-2024, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AU Vikings
    replied
    Justin Mack has decommitted from Augie and now commits to Emporia State.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post
    Dallas Bear is headed to Emporia State.
    bummer

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X