Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanger86
    replied
    I don't know if they'd consider her, but Augie legend and former assistant Shaunteva (Ashley) Pruett has been a pretty solid coach at SF Jefferson.

What other Augie connections are there in the coaching ranks?

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post
    Will Katie Bourk be named Krauth's replacement or will they look outside the current coaching staff?
    I think they will do a full on search, it's probably already started

Leave a comment:

• AU Vikings
    replied
    Will Katie Bourk be named Krauth's replacement or will they look outside the current coaching staff?

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Tough way for Dave Krauth to end his storied coaching at Augustana. After leading vast majority of game, turnovers in 4th quarter was the teams downfall losing 75-74. His AU record is 695-302, most of those wins came in the rugged NCC where most the opponents are D1 now. Back in the day my daughters enjoyed going to games watching Dave's daughters Julie and Katie and the many past Viking greats. 6'5" Krauth signature look for many years was a turtleneck and sport jacket until he started to wear a track suit in later years. Truly an Augustana and South Dakota legend. Looking forward to the many tributes coming his way. Lastly good luck to MSSU.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    late turnovers killing vikings
    Lacy Stokes was unstoppable. Countered by Michaela Jewett. That last turnover..........

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    That was absolutely brutal, basically the worst possible way for Krauth to go out.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    late turnovers killing vikings

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Michaela Jewett up to 27pts Augie 68 MSSU 63. 5min left in game.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Augie up 3 at the break. Michaela Jewett goes off for 17points and Sees contributes 5 assists and 4 rebounds. Augie needs to cut down on MoSo's offensive rebounds.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Aislinn Duffy is the best offensive threat, she's a post player who can also hit a three. Lauren Sees is the starting PG and the best chance of making something happen off the dribble. Michaela Jewett is their 3pt gunner. Jennifer Aadland is the other starting post and probably the best athlete of the group. In typical Krauth fashion they play loose. Most of their shots result from Duffy post ups, Sees drives, or kick out 3s that start with Duffy post ups or Sees drives so they have a high ceiling and a low floor.

They're the only team to beat Duluth this season and they did it in Duluth so they're capable of beating just about anyone. However, when compared to other Regional teams they're fairly inconsistent. They got demolished by Mankato twice because they had no response for the Mavericks press and UMD humbled them in the NSIC Tourney Semifinals.
    Thank you very much! Our girls just played their 3 best games of the year in the MIAA tourney, so I'm hoping we won't have a letdown. We are sometimes inconsistent during a game, sometimes going on a 5-minute scoring drought. That didn't happen in KC, so I hope we're past that. When we're playing well, we can beat anyone. We beat Duluth on the first weekend of November, but I know both teams are very different now. Hope our ladies play well, and looking forward to an exciting game tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    What should I expect to see from the Augie women in the regional vs. MSSU tomorrow? Who are their best players and what do they bring to the table? What kind of style do they play?
    Aislinn Duffy is the best offensive threat, she's a post player who can also hit a three. Lauren Sees is the starting PG and the best chance of making something happen off the dribble. Michaela Jewett is their 3pt gunner. Jennifer Aadland is the other starting post and probably the best athlete of the group. In typical Krauth fashion they play loose. Most of their shots result from Duffy post ups, Sees drives, or kick out 3s that start with Duffy post ups or Sees drives so they have a high ceiling and a low floor.

They're the only team to beat Duluth this season and they did it in Duluth so they're capable of beating just about anyone. However, when compared to other Regional teams they're fairly inconsistent. They got demolished by Mankato twice because they had no response for the Mavericks press and UMD humbled them in the NSIC Tourney Semifinals.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    What should I expect to see from the Augie women in the regional vs. MSSU tomorrow? Who are their best players and what do they bring to the table? What kind of style do they play?

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post

I think he's closer to 6'8". Augie offered him last August.
    I have seen three heights on Jonathan 6'5, 7" and 8" He may be a growing young man. Augie was first to offer.

Leave a comment:

• AU Vikings
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I would have to believe Andy and Red had it good on that beach

According to Verbal Commits AU, UMD and USF have offered Jonathan Mekonnen a 6'5" forward out of Apple Valley Eastview for 2024

Jonathan Mekonnen (@jonmekonnen) / Twitter
    I think he's closer to 6'8". Augie offered him last August.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

As the great philosophizer Andy Dufresne says "get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"

I would imagine Tom would be after wings and bigs in the portal to fill out the scholarship(s) that are now available.
    I would have to believe Andy and Red had it good on that beach

According to Verbal Commits AU, UMD and USF have offered Jonathan Mekonnen a 6'5" forward out of Apple Valley Eastview for 2024

Jonathan Mekonnen (@jonmekonnen) / Twitter

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X