Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

I29 ASSEMBLE

https://twitter.com/BlairKerkhoff/st...118546944?s=19

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Do not see milk, although a candle is present.
    Upon further review- the call is overturned!

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Do not see milk, although a candle is present.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

You can tell that this isn't my place because the milk would have been chocolate.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

And to get a balanced schedule add somebody in Montana.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    D2 is also getting watered down by NAIA schools moving to D2 with scant amount of resources.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

What is the next step in realignment?

PFW going to the Horizon? Augie being their replacement in the Summit? Some other scenario that we haven't thought of yet?

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    I tend to agree. There are getting to be too many also ran low major DI schools. Sooner or later power conferences are going to start paying players at which point everybody else travels in steerage. Maybe then some schools will start to think about dropping back down.
    D2 is also getting watered down by NAIA schools moving to D2 with scant amount of resources.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    As far as schools making the move from D2 to D1, add Bellarmine to the list:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...g-atlantic-sun

Bellarmine, who does not have football, is moving to Division I beginning with the 2020-21 school year and will become a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference. The school will compete this year for a final season in the Division II Great Lakes Valley Conference.
    The non-football deal seems to be the ticket for the reach to the brass ring now. Most cash strapped schools figure they can come up with a handful of good basketball players now and then but know their clocks would be perpetually cleaned in football. There was talk on this board about St. Thomas pursuing a waiver for a quicker journey to DI which was scoffed at by some. Charlie Walters added some wind this week saying UST would argue for a waiver because they were kicked out of their conference. It was said that they too would de emphasize football and try to become the likes of a Marquette, Creighton et al.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    I tend to agree. There are getting to be too many also ran low major DI schools. Sooner or later power conferences are going to start paying players at which point everybody else travels in steerage. Maybe then some schools will start to think about dropping back down.
    See "New NSIC" for my theory/prediction

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Man...it's sad in the sense that that's kind of a name you think of when you think D2 hoops over the years. Just seems to play into my theory of what is coming down the road as far as classifications go.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Bellarmine, who does not have football, is moving to Division I beginning with the 2020-21 school year and will become a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference. The school will compete this year for a final season in the Division II Great Lakes Valley Conference.
    Man...it's sad in the sense that that's kind of a name you think of when you think D2 hoops over the years. Just seems to play into my theory of what is coming down the road as far as classifications go.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Congrats to the Augie athletic program for being the highest-finishing NSIC team in the Learfield Directors' Cup this year: https://goaugie.com/news/2019/6/13/a...ctors-cup.aspx

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if that pays as well as Mount Marty was paying him.
    I thought maybe he would get the job as stand in for Tony Reali on Around The Horn.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X