• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augieholic
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Just watched the press conference for P-FW. Yes, the move to the Horizon is official for 2020-21.

Augie- you are on the clock. Will we wait until December, or maybe the summer of 2020?
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I was told by folks in the league this would likely be the last year of Augie in the NSIC, however there have been posters that have said this isnt possible or something, I don't remember what the reason was.

After hearing the NDSU AD talk the other day Augie checks all the boxes they look for in perspective new members so I think it's kind of a done deal, just a matter of when.
    If this was Augie's last year in the NSIC it would have been formally announced by now. More than likely Augie will secure a Summit League invite next summer and leave the NSIC following the 2020-21 school year.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Just watched the press conference for P-FW. Yes, the move to the Horizon is official for 2020-21.

Augie- you are on the clock. Will we wait until December, or maybe the summer of 2020?
    I was told by folks in the league this would likely be the last year of Augie in the NSIC, however there have been posters that have said this isnt possible or something, I don't remember what the reason was.

After hearing the NDSU AD talk the other day Augie checks all the boxes they look for in perspective new members so I think it's kind of a done deal, just a matter of when.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Speculation- could this be a move to the Horizon? And if that happens, Augie to the Summit announced in a few months?

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Augie's schedule is finally out. No D1 games this year, but still a couple of fun matchups: https://goaugie.com/news/2019/7/29/v...-schedule.aspx
    They're all D1 games now.

After close examination, hide your eyes MrAugustana, I believe Augie would be the betting favorite in every game except at Duluth and possibly at Kato/Winona.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Augie's schedule is finally out. No D1 games this year, but still a couple of fun matchups: https://goaugie.com/news/2019/7/29/v...-schedule.aspx

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    For some perspective in 2030 Dave Krauth will be closing in on 900 wins.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
    This has to be the most constipated move to Division I of all time. Think of the last few moves by other schools.

Rumors surface that Bellarmine is thinking of going DI and -- voila! -- a couple of weeks later it's a done deal. Not only do they commit to DI, they get an immediate invitation to the Atlantic Sun. The same goes for Dixie State and the WAC. (That actually may have been a quicker move than Bellarmine's.) I live in Virginia. One day Longwood was a little-known but happy member of Division II. Then, all of a sudden and with virtually no fanfare, they're the newest member of the Big South.

I'm beginning to wonder if Augie really has a secret handshake deal with the Summit, or if this all was wishful thinking, hoping big donors would jump on board.

Or it could be typical indecisiveness by a bunch of Lutherans, something they're very good at. (And I say that as a proud, lifelong Lutheran.)
    Let's get some context:

1) Bellarmine doesnt have football and is located in a part of the country with numerous low to mid major conferences.

2) The WAC is thirstier than Craig Doty on Twitter for some school, any school, to join their league so they can keep their automatic post season bids. UMKC deciding it isnt for them should be all you need to know.

3) The plan that started this is Vision 2030, TWO THOUSAND THIRTY, so from the beginning the narrative has been centered around a slow and steady build towards D1 athletics among other University goals. For some perspective in 2030 Dave Krauth will be closing in on 900 wins.

Would it be great to know definitively that Augie has secured the bag, conference bid, and future of football right now? Absolutely, but that's just not realistic given all the questions that need to be answered.
    Last edited by Augieholic; 07-23-2019, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
    Kinda puts any plan for a post-Augie conference a bit in limbo. If there is a school waiting in the wings to take Augie's spot, I suppose they could go to 17 until Augie makes the jump.

But then we know how some people (at least on this forum) feel about 16 to begin with.
    I say if they want into the NSIC just so it can be a placeholder to bigger and better things (Division 1), to hell with them. Tell them to go find a temporary home someplace else.

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
    This has to be the most constipated move to Division I of all time. Think of the last few moves by other schools.

Rumors surface that Bellarmine is thinking of going DI and -- voila! -- a couple of weeks later it's a done deal. Not only do they commit to DI, they get an immediate invitation to the Atlantic Sun. The same goes for Dixie State and the WAC. (That actually may have been a quicker move than Bellarmine's.) I live in Virginia. One day Longwood was a little-known but happy member of Division II. Then, all of a sudden and with virtually no fanfare, they're the newest member of the Big South.

I'm beginning to wonder if Augie really has a secret handshake deal with the Summit, or if this all was wishful thinking, hoping big donors would jump on board.

Or it could be typical indecisiveness by a bunch of Lutherans, something they're very good at. (And I say that as a proud, lifelong Lutheran.)
    Kinda puts any plan for a post-Augie conference a bit in limbo. If there is a school waiting in the wings to take Augie's spot, I suppose they could go to 17 until Augie makes the jump.

But then we know how some people (at least on this forum) feel about 16 to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Ridge Viking
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

https://siouxfalls.business/augustan...to-division-i/

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Came across this on the Augie men's basketball Twitter feed and thought it was entertaining (as were some of the replies):

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Since the board is dead right now anyway, here are a couple of highlight videos of incoming Viking guard Matt Todd for any Viking fans interested. As we all know, highlights are obviously the best way to assess a player and the likely impact he will make. Despite that sarcastic comment, I'm excited nonetheless:

High school highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=s3XBYJjOr98

Juco highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLThnazZmqs

Seems to have solid court vision passing-wise and a quick release on his jumper. I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table for the Vikes in a few months when the season starts again. We're already only 4 months away. Hooray!
    He will be a very good pg at Augustana. A little small, but more than enough skill and quickness to make up for it. May drive teammates a bit crazy at some points of game, if he gets into too much 1on1 stuff, but good definitely outweighs the bad. Good pickup, augie should be very good this year, if healthy.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Since the board is dead right now anyway, here are a couple of highlight videos of incoming Viking guard Matt Todd for any Viking fans interested. As we all know, highlights are obviously the best way to assess a player and the likely impact he will make. Despite that sarcastic comment, I'm excited nonetheless:

High school highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=s3XBYJjOr98

Juco highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLThnazZmqs

Seems to have solid court vision passing-wise and a quick release on his jumper. I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table for the Vikes in a few months when the season starts again. We're already only 4 months away. Hooray!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X