• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Not exactly what I was getting at. Texas Tom going to run the Don Meyer "Line Change" offense?
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Don't you mean the Greg Stemen "Line Change" offense?
    You all know it's the Gordon Bombay line change offense, right?

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Not exactly what I was getting at. Texas Tom going to run the Don Meyer "Line Change" offense?
    Don't you mean the Greg Stemen "Line Change" offense?

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    I am also concerned Augie will have entirely too many good players next season, glad I'm not alone.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Meanwhile, on a serious note and maybe this is more of a post season, next year thread (we can start one if we wish). Augie has one walk on senior leaving...that leaves three juniors, four sophomores, seven freshman and three (as of now) in coming freshman. I cant remember the roster size and how it works with redshirts. I believe it is 15 and then can have redshirts correct but could be wrong, either way, that's a lot of numbers. Home games will look like the NSU womens branch wrapping around to the baseline.
    I am also concerned Augie will have entirely too many good players next season, glad I'm not alone.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

It was more so others than the Augie faithful, boy...never thought I'd see the day when i would say thing to get people wound up or just to be funny and have Augie posters coming to defend their actions when they dont really need to. What a world, MrAugustana will be able to go on to D1 knowing he has left his mark. Haha
    When I know how sensitive you are about things Augie fans (and the Augie coaches) say, I just want to make sure you don't get too upset. ;)

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Meanwhile, on a serious note and maybe this is more of a post season, next year thread (we can start one if we wish). Augie has one walk on senior leaving...that leaves three juniors, four sophomores, seven freshman and three (as of now) in coming freshman. I cant remember the roster size and how it works with redshirts. I believe it is 15 and then can have redshirts correct but could be wrong, either way, that's a lot of numbers. Home games will look like the NSU womens branch wrapping around to the baseline.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    To echo MrA's comments, the odds of winning a natty are super slim and a conference title would be a struggle. My statement was in jest to Simples kick AU out of the conference words. Augie's young guns are a joy to watch and hope springs eternal.
    It was more so others than the Augie faithful, boy...never thought I'd see the day when i would say thing to get people wound up or just to be funny and have Augie posters coming to defend their actions when they dont really need to. What a world, MrAugustana will be able to go on to D1 knowing he has left his mark. Haha

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

What's so funny about this whole thing is that everyone thinks a national title is happening let alone a conference title. I find it very enjoyable
    To echo MrA's comments, the odds of winning a natty are super slim and a conference title would be a struggle. My statement was in jest to Simples kick AU out of the conference words. Augie's young guns are a joy to watch and hope springs eternal.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

What's so funny about this whole thing is that everyone thinks a national title is happening let alone a conference title. I find it very enjoyable
    I recognize that your default is to automatically assume the worst about Augie fans, but you do realize that basically all of us are making those kinds of comments with hopeful optimism, not legitimate certainty, right? When these conversations happen in-person, everyone I've talked to says it with a "Wouldn't it be so cool if..." tone and a smile, not an "After we win another National Championship, we'll make the jump and start winning the Summit League every year too" kind of tone.

Just wanted to clarify.

In reality, NWMSU will continue to be an unstoppable machine until McCollum is gone and Moorhead123 has made it very clear that Augie fans can't even look past our own conference knowing how good the Dragons will be in the coming years. And that doesn't count several other teams (like your highly esteemed Wolves and the always-underappreciated Mustangs) that will continue to be good as well.

Plus, in the hopefully unlikely event that Augie loses any of these current key players before they graduate, it will severely dampen those hopes before it even gets to the point of being realistic.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    NSIC get off your arse on this issue. Don't let Augie run the decision on this, give them the boot first. Don't just sit back and let them tell us when they are leaving, we should tell them when they're done.
    No chance that happens

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    As a thanks to Augustana and Kelby Krabbenhoft the NSIC wants to give the Vikings another men's basketball national championship, therefore the two years.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

NSIC get off your arse on this issue. Don't let Augie run the decision on this, give them the boot first. Don't just sit back and let them tell us when they are leaving, we should tell them when they're done.
    As a thanks to Augustana and Kelby Krabbenhoft the NSIC wants to give the Vikings another men's basketball national championship, therefore the two years.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

What does the NSIC gain by kicking Augie out early?

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    I mean yeah, if Douple wants to pretend he had never talked to Augustana officials until recently he can but that doesn't mean we have to believe him.

Hopefully everyone read the line about Augie being D2 for two more seasons and seared it into their brains.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X