X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanger86
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

A few things will help that out, at least while Augie is still in the NSIC for another year or two. First of all, nonconference games are still at Elmen. That usually takes us into December. Between December and February, the Skyforce played one Friday game and three Saturday games at the Pentagon this season. Not a ridiculous amount to work around. Besides, could easily see a scenario where there's an Augustana game in the afternoon and a Skyforce game in the evening.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    I was hoping to get to a game at the Sioux Falls Arena. Shame I won't be able too anymore.

Oh well.

I'm curious, will this interfere with the other tenant of the Pentagon at all? The Not-Miami Minor Heat?
    Based on the fact that the Pentagon went forward with the deal, I would imagine either it doesn't interfere with the Minor Heat, or Sanford's people just aren't concerned about it interfering with their schedule, which would be surprising and humorous.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I was hoping to get to a game at the Sioux Falls Arena. Shame I won't be able too anymore.

Oh well.

I'm curious, will this interfere with the other tenant of the Pentagon at all? The Not-Miami Minor Heat?

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Time to move the NSIC Tournament to the Arena.
    I doubt anyone will want to play And-1 mixtape style in the soon-to-be parking lot formerly known as the Sioux Falls Arena.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Time to move the NSIC Tournament to the Arena.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    So, next years conference tourney, Augies last in the NSIC. will be considered HOME games for them.
    You cant just rip us off and throw us on the floor like Kevin Schlagel's tie, we'll tell you when we're ready to leave.

Signing a 10 year deal to play at the 'Gon is a fantastic move given the uncertain future of the Arena. Frees up financial resources to more pressing needs in the D1 transition and anything we can do to deepen the ties with Sanford will only help.
    Last edited by Augieholic; 03-06-2019, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by Augie Skyhook View Post
    I'm sure everyone will love this as much as I do.
    I shared this info over the weekend...just on a different thread. So there

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    So, next years conference tourney, Augies last in the NSIC. will be considered HOME games for them.
    Augie's second-to-last (at minimum) in the NSIC. Possibly even third-to-last or more. And yes, apparently they will be played in the venue that will be considered Augie's home venue for conference play. Unless the NSIC plans to shift things over to the Premier Center. Which would probably not be the wisest decision at this juncture.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Augie Skyhook
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    You beat me to it. I just read about the move to the Pentagon on Twitter. Article says that non-conference games will be at the Elmen.

https://goaugie.com/news/2019/3/4/au...agon-home.aspx
    I don't post often, but when I do I'm pretty quick on the draw, laker.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Originally posted by Augie Skyhook View Post
    You beat me to it. I just read about the move to the Pentagon on Twitter. Article says that non-conference games will be at the Elmen.

https://goaugie.com/news/2019/3/4/au...agon-home.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Augie Skyhook
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaroonJackRabbits
    replied

NSIC Tournament was odd without Augie, but still a great tournament to attend. Congratulations Wolves on back-to-back NSIC Tournament Championships. Going to be fun to watch them a little more as the NCAA Tournament gets underway.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    This was a better-than-expected year, but seeing the Vikes in that 9-spot for the Regional and then losing the way we did last night almost makes it worse than if we just finished at 16-14 with no Regional hopes at all.

Hopefully this team reacts to this loss the same way the 2014-15 team did when the Vikes got picked off unexpectedly by Northwest Missouri in the Regional and committed as a team to not being in the same situation the following year. That commitment worked out pretty well for the program.

Again, great season from such a young crew. Just would've liked to see it end differently after getting so close to taking it even deeper into the postseason than anyone would've imagined. Hard to swallow right now.
    If it helps at all, starting tomorrow you can watch John Warren and Nolen Gerald play for Slippery Rock in the PSAC Tournament. They went 19-9 and 16-5 in conference play, with Warren averaging 13 points and 2 steals per and Gerald at 10 points per.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Zimmer posted this during the SMSU/Northern game and it made me smile.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X