• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanger86
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Apparently most of the conference has mentioned to radio guys that they dont care for the addition of Augie...I don't really understand that
    Because here's the likely viewpoints:

Dakota schools don't want inferior Augie joining the group
    Non-Dakota schools don't want another Dakota school.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    I get the impression these Low D1's conferences are held together by gum, spit and bailing wire.
    Well they aren't the Big 10 that's for sure. ;)

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Late show in Fargo discussed Northern Colorado into the mix and hoping/pleading that the Summit adds both them and Augie as so many of the schools offer different varieties of sports it is constant piecing thjng together.

Apparently most of the conference has mentioned to radio guys that they dont care for the addition of Augie...I don't really understand that
    I get the impression these Low D1's conferences are held together by gum, spit and bailing wire.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Late show in Fargo discussed Northern Colorado into the mix and hoping/pleading that the Summit adds both them and Augie as so many of the schools offer different varieties of sports it is constant piecing thjng together.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Yes. For football in the MVFC it will be next year. This year they are listed as an independent.
    Ok, that's where I was thinking they weren't in yet.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Are you including UMKC in the mens soccer count for the 2020-21 school year?
    Yes. They have soccer but no baseball. My bad.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

For what it is worth, this will put the Summit at five baseball and five men's soccer teams losing their autobid in those sports unless a replacement is found.
    Are you including UMKC in the mens soccer count for the 2020-21 school year?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Last year...
    Yes. For football in the MVFC it will be next year. This year they are listed as an independent.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    When is UND's move to the Summit official?
    Last year...

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

For what it is worth, this will put the Summit at five baseball and five men's soccer teams losing their autobid in those sports unless a replacement is found.
    The Fargo guys said that there is a two year grace period if you drop below the amount, so maybe not a potential rush.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

If this was Augie's last year in the NSIC it would have been formally announced by now. More than likely Augie will secure a Summit League invite next summer and leave the NSIC following the 2020-21 school year.
    I wasn't very clear. I should have said the announcement, not the actual leaving. 21-22 would seem like the likely season to leave.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

When is UND's move to the Summit official?

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

If this was Augie's last year in the NSIC it would have been formally announced by now. More than likely Augie will secure a Summit League invite next summer and leave the NSIC following the 2020-21 school year.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Just watched the press conference for P-FW. Yes, the move to the Horizon is official for 2020-21.

Augie- you are on the clock. Will we wait until December, or maybe the summer of 2020?
    I was told by folks in the league this would likely be the last year of Augie in the NSIC, however there have been posters that have said this isnt possible or something, I don't remember what the reason was.

After hearing the NDSU AD talk the other day Augie checks all the boxes they look for in perspective new members so I think it's kind of a done deal, just a matter of when.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Just watched the press conference for P-FW. Yes, the move to the Horizon is official for 2020-21.

Augie- you are on the clock. Will we wait until December, or maybe the summer of 2020?
    I was told by folks in the league this would likely be the last year of Augie in the NSIC, however there have been posters that have said this isnt possible or something, I don't remember what the reason was.

After hearing the NDSU AD talk the other day Augie checks all the boxes they look for in perspective new members so I think it's kind of a done deal, just a matter of when.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X