• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

A couple of quick updates on Augie's 2018 commits:

-Incoming big man Trevor Hanson's Sioux Valley squad lost in the semi-finals last night to Madison. Hanson's team struggled in the first half, made a run at the end, and lost by 2 after a turnover on the final possession. Hanson himself had 28 points and 11 boards, going against the SDSU-committed Aaron Fiegen (who is 6'7" himself) in a pretty good match-up. Would've enjoyed seeing Hanson in the championship, but congrats to him on a great season.

-Both of Augie's 2018 Minnesota commits worked their way into the Class AA state tournament. Michael Schaefer of St. Cloud Cathedral put up a solid 16 points, 16 boards, and 4 assists in a win last night to reach the final 8, and I haven't been able to get stats for Tiedman, but his Jordan Hubmen are in it as well.

-Augie's other two 2018s lost in the round before the SD state tournament, with Flandreau's Dylan LeBrun losing to Hanson's Sioux Valley squad a couple of weeks ago and AJ Plitzuweit's Vermillion squad dropping a super close one to Dakota Valley. Both finish as two of the best players at their respective schools, particularly with Plitzuweit only having been at Vermillion for two years.

Looking forward to seeing how Schaefer and Tiedman do in the MN state tourney.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    #1 Truth is Plitzuweit has lived in SD for 2 years, he is a Kentucky native. I'm thrilled to have him as a Viking. He is a true D1 player and will light it up in the NSIC.
    :)

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

We ran into a gentleman tonight who claimed to be a "Born and raised " Augie kid....while he mentioned we were all in the MIC conference and that if anyone was going to win not named Augie he wants it to be Northern, then said you all Hate Northern, then said oh yeah, we all know Northern as UND...

We played along as our young Commrad struggled through non sober words, he was able to come up with Jordan Spencer after asking him hoops knowledge for ten minutes.

He then also brought up how big of fans they were and how they hated Jordan Miller...then brought up d2messageboards on his own. I thought we had found an Augie poster, or at least Common Sense....but after holding him up against a wall by his collar and asking him who he worked for, he was simply a passer by, but icing on the cake to an alright night out, haha

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    And I was more joking around referring to simple's idea that SD doesn't produce good basketball talent....clearly they have to import it from other states lol.
    Yours I understood. In all seriousness, I will be very curious to see how the South Dakota kids from this recruiting class shake out in the long run. In terms of praise and accolades, the three South Dakota kids we got are some of the best in South Dakota high school basketball in the past several years. Two of the three, Plitzuweit and Hanson, received Summit League offers. In his two years of SD ball, Plitzuweit scored more than 1,000 points in just 32 games. LeBrun scored more than 2,000 career points at Flandreau and would be grabbing quite a few headlines if not for Plitzuweit. If it ends up being that they aren't competitive in the NSIC in another couple of years, it could be pretty telling of the talent gap between D2 SD kids and D2 MN kids still not having narrowed all that much.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

And I was more joking around referring to simple's idea that SD doesn't produce good basketball talent....clearly they have to import it from other states lol.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I could easily be mistaken, but my guess is that he was implying that we are overhyping AJ slightly, and that if he is as good as we are predicting he will be, it'll only be a year before he goes to a D1.

That being said, I'm not particularly concerned about that happening. If "going D1" was his goal, he would have accepted his D1 offer, or waited for other D1 offers.

From everything I have heard, it sounds like AJ is excited to be at Augie and to be playing in a system that will very effectively complement his skill set as a player.
    Was just playing the role of my message board inspiration since he hasn't been around much.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

If you're inferring that Augustana is some kind JC for USD, I believe you are wrong. He merely would have walked on if being a Coyote was his ultimate goal
    I could easily be mistaken, but my guess is that he was implying that we are overhyping AJ slightly, and that if he is as good as we are predicting he will be, it'll only be a year before he goes to a D1.

That being said, I'm not particularly concerned about that happening. If "going D1" was his goal, he would have accepted his D1 offer, or waited for other D1 offers.

From everything I have heard, it sounds like AJ is excited to be at Augie and to be playing in a system that will very effectively complement his skill set as a player.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Is that while playing at Augie or after he transfers to USD in a year?
    If you're inferring that Augustana is some kind JC for USD, I believe you are wrong. He merely would have walked on if being a Coyote was his ultimate goal

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Could give a rats a$$ where he is from... You will know how to pronounce his name very soon, after he draining bucket after bucket on the Stangs!
    Is that while playing at Augie or after he transfers to USD in a year?

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    That explains it....
    Could give a rats a$$ where he is from... You will know how to pronounce his name very soon, after he draining bucket after bucket on the Stangs!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

#1 Truth is Plitzuweit has lived in SD for 2 years, he is a Kentucky native. I'm thrilled to have him as a Viking. He is a true D1 player and will light it up in the NSIC.
    That explains it....

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    He looks pretty smooth alright. The body of evidence suggests he has never missed a shot in his entire career.
    BTW we have a guy coming in who broke Tony Romo's scoring record. That's right, that Tony Romo.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Congrats to future Viking AJ Plitzuweit for being honored with the South Dakota Gatorade Player of the Year award:

I can't wait to watch Plitzuweit make simple eat crow for the next 4 years. :)
    He looks pretty smooth alright. The body of evidence suggests he has never missed a shot in his entire career.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Congrats to future Viking AJ Plitzuweit for being honored with the South Dakota Gatorade Player of the Year award:

I can't wait to watch Plitzuweit make simple eat crow for the next 4 years. :)

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X