Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait...you're telling me that there are people that still have cable?

Comment

• The first alley oop might be the best one of the Billeter era:

https://twitter.com/AugieMensBball/s...959341573?s=19

Comment

• Nothing is ever fair in the sports media, living in Nebraska we get a lot of NFC east games shoved down our throats by FOX. Nothing like a giants-skins game. Same with MNF, MLB and NBA.

Comment

• Even though Augie didnt have Matt Cartwright losing to a Bemidji team playing 6 guys is awful. That's the type of loss you look back on in February/March when a team falls a game or two short of a conference title or better Regional seeding.

Comment

• I have no idea how Matt Cartwright has become this essential of a component to our success, but we should still be winning several (if not all) of these games we have lost since he's been out.

Hoping some things get figured out this week, as I doubt Northern and Moorhead intend to roll over and provide easy wins for the Vikings to get back on track with. Would be good to see a few guys return to the level they were at a few weeks ago, or, if that's not going to happen, others take it up a level or two. Something definitely needs to improve if we want to end the season in the conversation as regional contenders.
            Last edited by MrAugustana; 01-12-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Be prepared for anything and everything when dragons roll in. Feel like Moorhead can beat anyone in nsic or lose to everyone in nsic multiple times within each weekend. They do have some real talent but not sure they get all 5 guys playing together on both ends of the floor enough. Need full 40 minutes. What is prognosis on Cartwright?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                I have no idea how Matt Cartwright has become this essential of a component to our success, but we should still be winning several (if not all) of these games we have lost since he's been out.

Hoping some things get figured out this week, as I doubt Northern and Moorhead intend to roll over and provide easy wins for the Vikings to get back on track with. Would be good to see a few guys return to the level they were at a few weeks ago, or, if that's not going to happen, others take it up a level or two. Something definitely needs to improve if we want to end the season in the conversation as regional contenders.
                Would love to be there Friday, I'd expect a completely full house. Wolves and Vikings all-time serious is all tied up and this matchup has been a good one, especially with the fan bases for quite a few years now. Wolves won't roll over but Augie will certainly get up for this one.

Comment

• I can't help it- every time I see this thread, I hear Lizzo singing "New Thread of the Augustana Vi-kings".

Comment

• Texas Tom coming in with much more praise for Saul Phillips and Parker Fox than I'm comfortable with: https://kwsn.com/podcasts/sports-tal...saul-phillips/

Comment

• Five losses is the longest streak since the 2006-07 season ended with six straight. Wah wah wahhhhhhhhh

Comment

• Off topic (other than it might be time to look to the future instead of the present), does anyone know if Matt Wheelock is still with the team? A check of the roster on Augie athletics' website does not list him.

Also, has anyone heard why Beau Keeve didn't play last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                          Off topic (other than it might be time to look to the future instead of the present), does anyone know if Matt Wheelock is still with the team? A check of the roster on Augie athletics' website does not list him.

Also, has anyone heard why Beau Keeve didn't play last night?
                          Wheelock is gone, I heard he left at semester but never heard exactly why.

Keeve tried to check in during the first half, but apparently his long sleeves were violating a jersey rule and was forced to remove them. Beyond that I'm not sure why he didnt play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Wheelock is gone, I heard he left at semester but never heard exactly why.

Keeve tried to check in during the first half, but apparently his long sleeves were violating a jersey rule and was forced to remove them. Beyond that I'm not sure why he didnt play.
                            Body language?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Is true, but they also seem to market themselves as a regional sports network... that looks at the different conferences in the area and not just the Sioux Falls teams. For example, they run stories on und, ndsu, usd, and SDSU, and N.D. and S.D. high school sports. Not as clear to me on what they are doing with the nsic.
                              https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...sports-network

https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...sports-network

Comment

• That is one thorough explanation. Thanks for that!

Sounds to me like your guy(s) in Fargo and/or grand forks needs to step up go into the head hancho and ask for a little bit of a raise to help you out and take over the Msum/Crookston/Bemidji beat since they are in the immediate areas. ;) Probably really talking one or two stories per year on the internationally loved dragons.

keep up up the good work. Much appreciated.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X