Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

    Interesting. Looking through his Twitter feed, it appears he also received an offer from Western Illinois in the past:
    https://twitter.com/devonhouse2323/s...90442084225024

    Definitely see why you put BIG in all caps. Appears to have quite a few accolades (multiple all-states in Illinois, etc.), so I'm a little surprised he doesn't have more interest/offers. But I guess we'll see how it goes.
    Why is it that the first person that comes to mind when I watch his highlights is Matt Wheelock. I hate to slight a high school athlete, but, like Wheelock, I don't think you could slip a phone book under his feet in any of his highlights. If he comes to Augie, he definitely won't be guarding Parker Fox. I think he'd jump right over him.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

      Why is it that the first person that comes to mind when I watch his highlights is Matt Wheelock. I hate to slight a high school athlete, but, like Wheelock, I don't think you could slip a phone book under his feet in any of his highlights. If he comes to Augie, he definitely won't be guarding Parker Fox. I think he'd jump right over him.
      Definitely can see that comparison and I definitely thought he appeared to be one of the most below-the-rim players Augie has had or recruited in a while. I haven't watched highlights other than what Augieholic posted, but my thought on the possible difference between House and Wheelock is that House probably must be more polished and talented in general. I know high school awards don't always translate to college, but when you see some of the tweets/articles about what he has earned in a pretty competitive basketball state like Illinois, he certainly seems to be solid:

      https://twitter.com/Eric_Ingles/stat...78573574459393

      https://twitter.com/IA_Barnstormers/...88718690287617

      https://twitter.com/scottybscout/sta...95846595702784

      https://www.ourquadcities.com/sports...r-devon-house/

      I could be mistaken, but I don't remember seeing this kind of praise/recognition for Wheelock.

      Comment


      • Fun fact: Did you know Tyler Riemersma is currently 2nd in NSIC history in career rebounding average?

        (Side note: Holy Gus Johnson, Batman....)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          Fun fact: Did you know Tyler Riemersma is currently 2nd in NSIC history in career rebounding average?

          (Side note: Holy Gus Johnson, Batman....)

          Ask Coach again about his thoughts on the Big Cat. Roscoe Young was a four year starter. His game count doesn’t make sense.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

            Ask Coach again about his thoughts on the Big Cat. Roscoe Young was a four year starter. His game count doesn’t make sense.
            Not as many conference games in the 70s.

            Between those two for Winona, were there any rebounds left over??

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

              Not as many conference games in the 70s.

              Between those two for Winona, were there any rebounds left over??
              Yup, 12 conference games per year so Young must've missed three games.

              Didn't even realize those two played together, wow that's impressive

              Comment


              • former Augie recruit Jaeden King leaving W Illinois after the coaching change.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Husky View Post
                  former Augie recruit Jaeden King leaving W Illinois after the coaching change.
                  I'm predicting a "Blessed to continue my career at Mankato State" tweet from Mr. King any time in the next few weeks...

                  Comment


                  • Summit to vote on Augie this month.

                    https://letsgodu.com/2020/05/04/augu...te-this-month/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by laker View Post
                      Summit to vote on Augie this month.

                      https://letsgodu.com/2020/05/04/augu...te-this-month/
                      Interesting.

                      Side note: The authors on that site are morons. Love how they say, "Augustana plays baseball too" like we didn't just win the National Championship on, like, 6 total full scholarships or whatever it is. Like we would just be awful in the Summit.

                      While the info they are reporting is accurate in this case, they've had plenty of comments and criticisms about Augie joining the Summit that I have just found laughable.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

                        Interesting.

                        Side note: The authors on that site are morons. Love how they say, "Augustana plays baseball too" like we didn't just win the National Championship on, like, 6 total full scholarships or whatever it is. Like we would just be awful in the Summit.

                        While the info they are reporting is accurate in this case, they've had plenty of comments and criticisms about Augie joining the Summit that I have just found laughable.
                        I already ran to your defense on the football thread, I simply can't do it again, old friend.

                        That was a fan page and not the school website though, right?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

                          I already ran to your defense on the football thread, I simply can't do it again, old friend.

                          That was a fan page and not the school website though, right?
                          No problem. One defense of Augie is already a noble sacrifice.

                          And yes, it's a fan page that loves to hypercriticize any negative point they can make while blatantly overlooking and disregarding any of the positives Augie can offer. To reuse the phrase I used in my post, it's usually laughable how unwilling they are to see a single positive of Augie joining the Summit League. But it is what it is. We just need to get it done and either prove people wrong or prove them right. I'm personally tired of sitting here in the in-between waiting to find out one way or the other.

                          Comment


                          • Came across this podcast video interview on Coach Billeter's twitter: https://www.facebook.com/tim.weidenb...type=3&theater

                            A little long, but a pretty fun interview that covers a wide range of topics--his early career, fundraising, recruiting philosophy, thoughts on other coaches, etc.

                            Comment


                            • Welp, the D1 move will have to wait. Looks like we'll be in the NSIC for at least a few more years.

                              https://twitter.com/DBrownMidcoSN/st...604862464?s=19

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                                Welp, the D1 move will have to wait. Looks like we'll be in the NSIC for at least a few more years.

                                https://twitter.com/DBrownMidcoSN/st...604862464?s=19
                                What's the reasoning? St. Thomas?

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X