Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I wish he would have waited a few weeks. :)
    I heard the deciding factor was wanting to join a roster with other players on it. Big if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      I heard the deciding factor was wanting to join a roster with other players on it. Big if true.
      Yeah, it becomes troublesome having to thro it in to yourself. :)

Comment

• Another award for Tyler Riemersma: https://goaugie.com/news/2022/4/29/m...-for-nsic.aspx

Riemersma Named Britton Scholar-Athlete Award Winner for NSIC
        -Dr. Marcia Entwistle, Augustana Faculty Athletic Representative

Tyler is the epitome of what a true student-athlete is all about. He is a very conscientious student, teammate and community leader. I do not believe the FARs within the NSIC could have selected a more qualified or more deserving individual.
        -Tom Billeter, Augustana Men's Basketball Head Coach

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          Another award for Tyler Riemersma:

Comment

• Graves is officially signed.

Welcome to Augustana, officially, Jadan!

Comment

• Lots to be excited for in the coming years for Vikings fans. If we can avoid the perils of the portal, of course.

Comment

Lots to be excited for in the coming years for Vikings fans. If we can avoid the perils of the portal, of course.
                Fortunately our Viking players across all sports have been well grounded on Summit ave, but Mens BB are the most tranfer prone teams in college athletics Will just have to expect the best. Caden Hinker just might be the best of a fantastic incoming freshmen class.

Comment

• Vikings get their first 2023 commit. Arhman Lewis, a 5'11" PG from Wisconsin.

As I posted in the other thread, he looks to be a fairly quick, true PG:

Welcome to the Viking family, Arhman! Look forward to following you this season and having you in blue and gold a year from now!

Comment

• Arman Lewis must be awfully good as fast as the staff offered him. Welcome to Augustana Arman!

Comment

• Always nice to see a couple of days after a kid commits:

AAU obviously isn't the same as D2 Central Region basketball, but I'm not going to complain if a kid can put up points like that in a game, regardless of the circumstances.

Comment

• Wait, I thought Augie was going D1 and were too good for the NSIC? Must have missed something. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                          Wait, I thought Augie was going D1 and were too good for the NSIC? Must have missed something. :)
                          Interestingly, they recommitted to D2 after not getting an invite to the Summit. And very shortly after that won the conference again in men's basketball. And seven other sports. I'm surprised you hadn't heard yet. ;)

Comment

Interestingly, they recommitted to D2 after not getting an invite to the Summit. And very shortly after that won the conference again in men's basketball. And seven other sports. I'm surprised you hadn't heard yet. ;)
                            I can't find where I said it, but yeah...I had posted somewhere halfway through the school year about how Augie may be on the way to having the best year they have ever had across the board.

I'd have to dig theough the all-sports standing history but I just can't imagine another school has had a year like they did this year.

I'll always having a "hatred" for the sports teams (not the people) of Augie, but I'll be the first to shut down the Summit fans that say Augie couldn't hang...

The difference from the Summitt to the NSiC is really not that big when comparing the top NSIC teams in each sport with the Summit as a whole.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I can't find where I said it, but yeah...I had posted somewhere halfway through the school year about how Augie may be on the way to having the best year they have ever had across the board.

I'd have to dig theough the all-sports standing history but I just can't imagine another school has had a year like they did this year.

I'll always having a "hatred" for the sports teams (not the people) of Augie, but I'll be the first to shut down the Summit fans that say Augie couldn't hang...

The difference from the Summitt to the NSiC is really not that big when comparing the top NSIC teams in each sport with the Summit as a whole.
                              I remember your post. Thought it was preposterous at the time, did not think football or men's basketball teams would do so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

IMO, this might be a little preposterous to say admittedly - but I don't think SDSU would have won every game this year had they played in the NSIC, all else being equal. Augie being the main reason, but there's a couple others too.

Definitely not a guarantee, but I think some teams would present a little more of a challenge. Not to mention hypothetically having to deal with crowds playing Augie and Northern.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X