Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Zach Huisken continued his torrid offensive stretch tonight at the friendly confines of the Pentagon. A career high 19 points that caps a remarkable career in NSIC 1st round games for a player who has career averages of 5.1 points per game and 3.2 rebounds per game.

2013 vs UMD: 7 points, 3 rebounds in 16 minutes
    2015 vs BSU: a career high 16 points (5-5 FG, 6-8 FT), 6 rebounds in 17 minutes
    2016 vs Crookston: a career high 17 points (7-10 FG, 3-3 3pt) in 18 minutes
    2017 vs BSU: a career high 19 points (5-14 FG 9-11 FT), 8 rebounds in 26 minutes

That means he averages 14.75 points per game on 1st round NSIC games vs 5.1 for his career. INCONCEIVABLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      Zach Huisken continued his torrid offensive stretch tonight at the friendly confines of the Pentagon. A career high 19 points that caps a remarkable career in NSIC 1st round games for a player who has career averages of 5.1 points per game and 3.2 rebounds per game.

2017 vs BSU: a career high 19 points (5-14 FG 9-11 FT), 8 rebounds in 26 minutes

That means he averages 14.75 points per game on 1st round NSIC games vs 5.1 for his career. INCONCEIVABLE!
      The big guy has a knack of showing up when the team needs him. like tonight and against Tarleton.

Comment

Short clip of future Viking Matt Cartwright breaking the O'Gorman single-game scoring record via a deep 3 from the volleyball line:

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

The fact that your brain remembers this (or, frankly, even thinks to look it up and confirm it) is mind-bottling to me.

Comment

Hate to post anything that might make you hate Texas Tom and Augie a little bit less, NSU4LIFE, but I saw via social media that Coach Billeter was on the Aberdeen ESPN station today and he was highly complimentary of the Wolves. For those interested: http://www.hubcityradio.com/2017/02/...orts-hub-22417

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              Hate to post anything that might make you hate Texas Tom and Augie a little bit less, NSU4LIFE, but I saw via social media that Coach Billeter was on the Aberdeen ESPN station today and he was highly complimentary of the Wolves. For those interested: http://www.hubcityradio.com/2017/02/...orts-hub-22417
              It's a Jedi mind trick...I've already alerted the troops. I never said I hated him, for the record.

Comment

Only listened to half so far. He is an enjoyable listen, Dave Vilhauer is incredible at covering sports...I can't do what Ben does, I tried once, but he is so hard to follow and listen to in games. I happy for him to have that special gig, but I want Geno back in the worst way.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  Only listened to half so far. He is an enjoyable listen, Dave Vilhauer is incredible at covering sports...I can't do what Ben does, I tried once, but he is so hard to follow and listen to in games. I happy for him to have that special gig, but I want Geno back in the worst way.
                  That has to be sarcasm, right? Geno was such a drag. Our guys got assaulted every trip down the floor and if we were down 5 points, 4 minutes in there was no way we could win. I would take Rob Waltman back.

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
                    That has to be sarcasm, right? Geno was such a drag. Our guys got assaulted every trip down the floor and if we were down 5 points, 4 minutes in there was no way we could win. I would take Rob Waltman back.
                    If he did it with Vaughn, they were the best. I'm not sarcastic about Geno though. He had a crazy good memory, great stories, very good knowledge, kept his own stats and announced a pretty fluent game. I know, his tone wasn't great when things were grim, but he was incredible at what he did.

Comment

If he did it with Vaughn, they were the best. I'm not sarcastic about Geno though. He had a crazy good memory, great stories, very good knowledge, kept his own stats and announced a pretty fluent game. I know, his tone wasn't great when things were grim, but he was incredible at what he did.
                      You're not the only one who misses ol' Geno. He had a tone that could capsize PJ Felck's boat but thats what made him so appealing. I'll never forget him calling Cam McCaffrey a "space cadet" for his shot selection despite McPizza's well known affinity for poaching Wolves in the Barnett Center.

Comment

That's fine...to each their own. I just hope we get a good set of pipes some day, but I might be greedy I guess.

Comment

Some thoughts from Texas Tom recapping the season so far, discussing how Regional Rankings are calculated, debating possible ways the NSIC Tourney could be better structured, etc.: http://kwsn.com/podcasts/sports-talk...essful-seasons

Comment

That's fine...to each their own. I just hope we get a good set of pipes some day, but I might be greedy I guess.
                            I don't mean to talk while eating crow....but Ben Root was named sports broadcaster of the year in SD...

Comment

I don't mean to talk while eating crow....but Ben Root was named sports broadcaster of the year in SD...
                              Yeah, the rankings stuff I kinda already knew.

The NSIC Tournament stuff is interesting. I agree that it's not a perfect system right now, but I don't know if there's a perfect way to fix it.

First suggestion I have could be to do it similar to how the MIAA does it, where not everyone plays on Wednesday night. But then how do you deal with unbalanced schedules and do you still split by divisions in the tournament? I love the reseeding idea, at least for going from Wednesday to Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                                Yeah, the rankings stuff I kinda already knew.

The NSIC Tournament stuff is interesting. I agree that it's not a perfect system right now, but I don't know if there's a perfect way to fix it.

First suggestion I have could be to do it similar to how the MIAA does it, where not everyone plays on Wednesday night. But then how do you deal with unbalanced schedules and do you still split by divisions in the tournament? I love the reseeding idea, at least for going from Wednesday to Sunday.
                                I haven't listened yet, but while I like the way it is, until the North proves themselves it is what it is. I'd have no problem if they seeded based on overall conference standings. But I'm sure the South likes it as they get to beat the weaker teams of the North. Good discussion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X