Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Saw on Twitter that Walford is transferring to St. John's. That's unfortunate. Makes me glad we got Dykman recently. Hoping he is ready to fill that role Walford would've filled over the next three years after not getting many in-game minutes at SDSU. But I have heard good things, which is encouraging.
    Losing Walford stings a bit, although Dykman signing mitigates that. When one door closes another one opens. I think are incoming class will be awesome and having Jansen healthy will help. Hoping Behrends and Kerkman are ready to contribute. If all works out the Vikings should be in great shape.

Comment

GoAugie.com press release on the Dykman signing:

http://goaugie.com/news/2017/4/27/me...r-2017-18.aspx

Men's basketball lands transfer for 2017-18

Comment

Came across this article from Dykman's hometown on his transfer to Augie. Figured I'd post it here for anyone interested: http://fremonttribune.com/sports/col...b41632299.html

Thought this portion was interesting:

Comment

More congratulations for incoming Viking Matt Cartwright, who was recently named Mr. Basketball for South Dakota.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ors/101414716/

Comment

I'm putting this here because I'm not sure how many Augie fans will see it in the baseball section. This happened last Friday before the MSU-Augie game. Very classy and much appreciated.

Augustana Vikings‏Verified account @GoAugie May 5

.@AugieBaseball honoring @MinnStBaseball's Adam Ellingson & Brody Rodning's mother Tiffany with a moment of silence at todays game #NSICBase

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              I'm putting this here because I'm not sure how many Augie fans will see it in the baseball section. This happened last Friday before the MSU-Augie game. Very classy and much appreciated.

Augustana Vikings‏Verified account @GoAugie May 5

.@AugieBaseball honoring @MinnStBaseball's Adam Ellingson & Brody Rodning's mother Tiffany with a moment of silence at todays game #NSICBase
              Yes I heard that, was the right thing to do. Watched all four games on stretch internet. Good baseball play for two top teams in NSIC. Kato has a plethora of good pitching, Augie decent pitching and great hitting. Excellent attendance Saturday. 1249 total for both games.
              Last edited by vikingfaithful; 05-08-2017, 03:41 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

For those interested, Al Richter has been having a solid postseason in the National Basketball League of Canada this year. In game 2 of their first round playoff series, he put up 19 points, 10 boards, 3 assists and a block, and in game 3 he put up 28 points (with 8 threes).

His team just won an overtime game 5 in the best of 5 series to make it to Round 2. Fun to see Augie guys playing well and succeeding at the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                  Yes I heard that, was the right thing to do. Watched all four games on stretch internet. Good baseball play for two of the top 3 teams in NSIC. Kato has a plethora of good pitching, Augie decent pitching and great hitting. Excellent attendance Saturday. 1249 total for both games.
                  I fixed it for you to make it a little more correct. You need to remember who swept whom during conference play and who will be moving on to the regional as opposed to who won't. I suppose if you want to concentrate on regular season finishes, you got me there. But some teams aren't as worried about conference play as they are about getting into the regional. :)

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                    I fixed it for you to make it a little more correct. You need to remember who swept whom during conference play and who will be moving on to the regional as opposed to who won't. I suppose if you want to concentrate on regular season finishes, you got me there. But some teams aren't as worried about conference play as they are about getting into the regional. :)
                    I initially read it as "two of the top teams" anyway. Seems someone is feeling a little sensitive/defensive about his Huskies.

Comment

Just trying to help you out with your post. SCSU is currently 3rd in the latest regional poll and pretty much a lock to make the regional. Which in the end is what everybody is shooting for.

Comment

Just trying to help you out with your post. SCSU is currently 3rd in the latest regional poll and pretty much a lock to make the regional. Which in the end is what everybody is shooting for.
                        Wasn't my post. :)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                          Wasn't my post. :)
                          Sorry, you guys up there on the pedestal just all run together for us heathens. :)

Comment

Gee Simple.. Was not trying to awake your ire. I said two top teams in NSIC, which means I would have said the same if we closed season against the always good Huskie BB team. St Cloud won today against Augustana in a good 3-2 game. Congrats,

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                              Gee Simple.. Was not trying to awake your ire. I said two top teams in NSIC, which means I would have said the same if we closed season against the always good Huskie BB team. St Cloud won today against Augustana in a good 3-2 game. Congrats,
                              How dare we score two runs against the mighty Huskies?!

Comment

I see the new Augie thread is finally getting closer to the old thread's standards for discussion lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X