Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I see the new Augie thread is finally getting closer to the old thread's standards for discussion lol
    Simple one of the great posters on the boards, his sartorial humor is funny! He often ends his posts with a smiley face. I apologize if I came off critical. Long live the referee :)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      How dare we score two runs against the mighty Huskies?!
      Yeah, how dare you indeed. I'm just wondering how we were able to scratch out 3 runs against that pithing staff who according to some, were as good if not better that the 1969 Baltimore Orioles staff. :)

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        Simple is the greatest poster on the boards, his sartorial humor is funny! He often ends his posts with a smiley face. I apologize if I came off critical. Long live the referee :)
        First things first, fixed it for you simple-style.

Second things second, I believe Stanger was mostly referring to the fact that the original The Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings was known for getting completely off the topic off Augustana Men's Basketball and rambling off in all kinds of unrelated directions. Like we are currently doing. Things change, things stay the same.

Comment

I'm just happy there's some traffic on here, this is usually such a dead time.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            Simple one of the great posters on the boards, his sartorial humor is funny! He often ends his posts with a smiley face. I apologize if I came off critical. Long live the referee :)
            Don't ruin it....

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
              I'm just happy there's some traffic on here, this is usually such a dead time.
              We could always start our yearly arena rankings lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                We could always start our yearly arena rankings lol
                1) Mankato
                2) Augustana
                3) Everyone else

:)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  1) Mankato
                  2) Augustana
                  3) Everyone else

:)
                  I probably can't disagree with that

Comment

While it almost slipped by unnoticed, we'd be remiss not to mention that the Vikings claimed a third straight NSIC All-Sports award this year: http://goaugie.com/news/2017/5/18/ge...rts-award.aspx

Augustana wins third straight NSIC All-Sports AwardAugustana has finished second or better in the NSIC All-Sports Award standings every season since joining the conference in 2008-09. Augustana won its first All-Sports Award in 2010-11 while also winning it in 2011-12, 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17. Only four schools have won the award since its inception in 1999-00. Minnesota Duluth, Winona State and Minnesota State, Mankato are the other schools that have won the award. Augustana and Minnesota Duluth are the only two schools to win the award five times.

The Vikings were in second place after the fall season, earning 63 points, after winning the men's cross country title, tying for third in volleyball and football while placing fourth in soccer and fifth in women's cross country.

The Vikings moved into first-place in the NSIC All-Sports Award standings following the winter season. Augustana gained the lead by finishing second in women's basketball, third in wrestling, tying for fourth in men's basketball and finishing fifth in swimming.

Augustana sealed the All-Sports Award with a strong spring season winning conference titles in women's tennis and women's golf while finishing second in baseball, third in softball, fourth in men's and women's outdoor track and field and sixth in men's golf.

The NSIC All-Sports Award is calculated by awarding the winner of each conference-sponsored championship points totaling the number of teams in that sport plus one. The next place finisher receives points totaling the number of teams less the number of places from first place. Ties in the standings at any level shall result in the totaling of points and equal distribution. Indoor and outdoor track and field are computed at half the total points as listed on the previous mentioned categories.

Augustana will be presented the NSIC All-Sports Award on Tuesday, July 11, at the NSIC Hall of Fame Banquet in Burnsville, Minnesota.

Located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Augustana University is a member of NCAA Division II and competes in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference.

Comment

Congrats, Vikes: http://goaugie.com/news/2017/5/31/ge...ht-season.aspx

Augustana wins First Dakota National Bank Mayor's Cup Challenge for fifth straight season

Comment

Enjoyed seeing this show up in Ryan James's Twitter feed regarding the Minneapolis Pro-Am league going on right now.

I'm sure it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere/environment, but there is a high level of talent playing in these leagues either way.

Comment

Anyone know why Lucas Walford left Augie? Not enough playing time? I thought he had a lot of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole. View Post
                            Anyone know why Lucas Walford left Augie? Not enough playing time? I thought he had a lot of potential.
                            Sadly this info did leak out late in the spring and it was obviously not expected. I've heard hes headed to St John's but what is less certain is if he'll be playing basketbal.

What Augie needs from John more than anything this coming season is sustained aggression. He's got to make Coach Orion proud by playing two way basketball through asserting himself offensively. Specifically I would be happier than a pig in poo if he increased the frequency of his drives to the hoop since it will allow him more room for that silky smooth jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole. View Post
                              Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              Sadly this info did leak out late in the spring and it was obviously not expected. I've heard hes headed to St John's but what is less certain is if he'll be playing basketball.
                              That was kind of my understanding too as far as whether or not he even intended to play. I also believe several of his close friends from high school currently play basketball at St. John's. Personally, I highly doubt it was a playing time issue, as he was likely to be our starting big man this year. As a previous article about the Dykman transfer noted, Walford was already transferring out before Augie was even in the discussion with Dykman, so it's not like he left because of Dykman coming in.

Comment

Steven Bruce‏ @mnbuckets 1m1 minute ago

Wow, big news out of Yankton SD just now. New Head Men's Basketball Coach at Mt Marty will be Cody Schilling. He'll be fantastic!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X