Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I was thinking about this today. I'd have to dive into the numbers more, but I'd think Northern and Augie benefit from the fact that the two schools only recently moved up to D1.

It isn't like Minnesota, where most fans of NSIC schools in the state are also Gophers fans. Up until the past decade, Augie fans hated SDSU and USD. I doubt many people suddenly went the Minnesota route and follow both Augie and one of the D1s.

Not only that, but I'd guess Augie benefits from being right in Sioux Falls and now also from being at the Arena. And Northern has had that corner of the state on lockdown seemingly forever.
    I hate the Gophers more than almost all the teams in the NSIC. Maybe more than all even. But I may be in the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      Augie fans also said NSU was not a rivalry including that lovely wrote the Argus pays...the different of course is we haven't had the big win, except for the upset in hoops two seasons ago but it wasn't a playoff and you still won a title so...we need to do more to maximize the potential.

SDSU and NSU were pretty big rivals in hoops back in the hay day. I feel there were more fans at NSU games in the 90s but maybe it was just the student section was larger. Either way, I don't think the D-1 move for them effected us like it did/did not Augie.
      Northern is a rival to me in BB, because we play every season and NSU fields excellent BB teams always with a good number of SD young men. The problem with FB is we do not play each other every year and are in separate divisions, although when NSU plays FB in SF it feels like a rivalry because the Wolves bring so many passionate loud fans to the game.

Comment

Moorhead receives verbal from Wyatt Hanson from North Dakota. Don't know much about him, but looks promising from a short look online. Looks like a future PF to fit very nicely with Moorhead's incoming 2017 freshman class.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          Moorhead receives verbal from Wyatt Hanson from North Dakota. Don't know much about him, but looks promising from a short look online. Looks like a future PF to fit very nicely with Moorhead's incoming 2017 freshman class.
          Quick video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUNmB1S0hw4

Comment

You've spoken highly of Moorhead's incoming recruiting class several times, would you mind breaking it down in more detail so I can gauge if it's on the Schilling-Jansen level or just a bunch of paper tigers?

Comment

Totally don't mean this in a rude way, but you do realize you posted this in the Augustana thread, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                Totally don't mean this in a rude way, but you do realize you posted this in the Augustana thread, right?
                They just wanted to show you that they too can get early commitments.

Comment

Thought I was on the recruiting thread. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    You've spoken highly of Moorhead's incoming recruiting class several times, would you mind breaking it down in more detail so I can gauge if it's on the Schilling-Jansen level or just a bunch of paper tigers?
                    Bryce Irsfeld - pg - reminds me of bruggman from SOuthwest. Tough pg. excellent shooter/scorer with quick release. Had numerous NSIC offers. I believe SDSU was trying to get him to some form of preferred walk on, etc. highest rated pg from MN not to go D1 (Jameson Bryan highly rated as well). Likely redshirt with kretchman being senior.

Simon Sem - 6'4" - wing from Fargo. Committed to NDSU early junior year, then apparently changed his mind thinking he should play the field. Injured knee early in senior season - missed most of senior season. Still Mr. Bball finalist. Very long and athletic. Sees court very well.

Gavin Baumgartner - 6'4" - wing. Had numerous NSIC offers. Similar to Sem, long and can guard multiple positions. Very good outside shooter. One of highest rated wings in MN not to go D1. Second team all-state AAAA. led team to 3rd place in state AAAA (highest class). Rumored to have interest from various D1 during recruiting.

Jesse Bergh - 6'10" - center. Home schooled kid did not play basketball until sophomore in high school. Needs to learn the game more but has good tools. Very good hands and feet. Think he can be quality big in a few years when he gets stronger' etc.

Comment

Moorhead's recruiting class has been the most recent post on this thread for far too long. Here's the good news: Augie just got a commitment from Cretin-Derham Hall (MN) 2019 guard Jaeden King.

Here's a highlight film I found from an AAU tournament. Seems to be primarily a shooter with some weirdly long (in a good way) arms.

Comment

Moorhead's recruiting class has been the most recent post on this thread for far too long. Here's the good news: Augie just got a commitment from Cretin-Derham Hall (MN) 2019 guard Jaeden King.

Here's a highlight film I found from an AAU tournament. Seems to be primarily a shooter with some weirdly long (in a good way) arms.

Does anyone who gets an offer from Augustana not take it these days?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          Does anyone who gets an offer from Augustana not take it these days?
                          I hope not. :)

Comment

I hope not. :)
                            Jaeden is really a prized recruit for AU. According to Ryan James he is a top 12-20 player in MN for 2019. You are right about his long arms, which are very adept at long shooting.

Comment

Heard something about a change in scholarship payouts that really benefits a school like Augie. Essentially, any academic financial aid a student-athlete receives no longer counts towards the maximum scholarship limit. Starting in 2018, only institutional athletics aid is counted against individual and team equivalency limits.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...re-legislation

Comment

Got a little bored and did some more searching on Jaeden King. Liked this one:

Between King, incoming freshman Matt Cartwright and 2018 commit A.J. Plitzuweit, we could have some pretty salty long-range shooters for the next several years.

Also discovered that King's highlight reel (from a few posts ago) is actually from before his sophomore year. Didn't realize it was from Oct. 2016 until just now. I'd imagine his shot will continue to get quicker/smoother over the next two years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X