Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Also, congrats to Augie's Jordan Spencer. Just saw he was named to the D2CCA All-Central Region 1st Team: http://goaugie.com/news/2017/3/13/me...irst-team.aspx

Jordan Spencer named to D2CCA All-Central Region First TeamFirst Team
    Gage Davis, So., G, 6-4, St. Cloud State
    Aaron Lien, Sr., G, 6-4, MSU Moorhead
    *Justin Pitts, Jr., G, 5-9, Northwest Missouri State
    Braxton Reeves, Sr., F, 6-4, East Central
    Jordan Spencer, Jr., G, 6-2, Augusana

*D2CCA Central Region Player of the Year

Second Team
    Rob Davis, Sr., G, 5-11, Fort Hays State
    Derylton Hill, Jr., F, 6-5, Arkansas-Monticello
    Tyler Rudolph, Jr., F, 6-6, Minot State
    Brady Skeens, Jr., F, 6-7, Washburn
    Anthony Virdure, Sr., G, 6-0, Lincoln

Comment

Huh. Can't seem to edit my previous post, so I'll just have to make a new post instead of adding this to the previous one. As a follow-up to Spencer's 1st Team All-Region award, I think it may have gotten lost in the shuffle that Spencer broke the all-time career assist record this year at Augie as a junior.

Similarly impressive, in my mind, is the fact that he only had 2 fewer assists this season than last season (242 this year, 244 last year). Seeing as his recipients of those passes weren't necessarily of the same caliber scoring-wise as Jansen/Schilling/Richter, I'm kind of amazed he was able to put up such similar numbers.

Also found this stat from the press release interesting:

He is the NCAA Division II career active leader in assists 688, which is also Augustana's all-time career record.
      That's kind of cool too.

Congrats again to Jordan. Looking forward to having him back next year to continue leading this team.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        .On a side note, I'm kind of looking forward to disengaging from the boards a little bit the next few months. Especially after Tuesday night's game. My wife is probably looking forward to it as well.
        Odd. Your wife told me that she is looking forward to next season. I might have misunderstood what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Odd. Your wife told me that she is looking forward to next season. I might have misunderstood what she said.
          This is funny.

But I can't give you any rep points, gotta share with the class.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
            This is funny.

But I can't give you any rep points, gotta share with the class.
            Gotta have something to talk about today. Game is another 24 hours away.

Comment

Former Augie Viking forward Riley Nordgaard will play in the NCAA Tournament on Saturday, against Washington in Seattle. She is averaging 13.5 points, 8.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.9 steals for Montana State.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                Former Augie Viking forward Riley Nordgaard will play in the NCAA Tournament on Saturday, against Washington in Seattle. She is averaging 13.5 points, 8.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.9 steals for Montana State.

Comment

All three pictures didn't come through. So here is the Augie one.

Comment

Congrats to future Viking Matt Cartwright on being named the 2017 Gatorade Player of the Year in South Dakota:

Nice little write-up about it here in the Argus as well: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...year/99404686/

Comment

• Comment

Amen to that!

Comment

Sounds like USD might be on the prowl for a new coach.....again.

https://twitter.com/GarmanSports/sta...12449737949184

This could be nothing or it could be the first in a series of steps that leads to days of hunches, rumors, and an unhealthy amount of refreshing twitter.

Comment

One year ago tonight the Augustana nation was put through the full range of emotions.

-Despair: when the Danimal attempted to gimp his way through warm ups but was clearly unable to go
                            -Defeat: watching Tarleton summon an unbelievable shooting night from the 3 point line, Jordan Spencer sitting with foul trouble, and Casey Schilling enduring a horrible shooting night
                            -Elation: Al Richter. Al Richter. Al Ricther. A career high 32 points in the most dire moment of the season including 20 in the second half.

I'll never forget the Tiger Woods style fist pump I unleashed in my living room, in the midst of a a blizzard outside, when Al singed the nets for the game icing 3 with just over a minute to go.

All of that and more came flooding back when the banner was unveiled tonight and I'm sure it will only get more vivid over the last three days of Augustana's National Championship reign.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              All of that and more came flooding back when the banner was unveiled tonight and I'm sure it will only get more vivid over the last three days of Augustana's National Championship reign.
                              I thought that Texas Tom was going to pull that whole thing down last night. I had visions of Sampson pulling down the temple but then remembered that Felton Spencer was there to hold the roof up.

Comment

Sounds like USD might be on the prowl for a new coach.....again.

https://twitter.com/GarmanSports/sta...12449737949184

This could be nothing or it could be the first in a series of steps that leads to days of hunches, rumors, and an unhealthy amount of refreshing twitter.
                                Appears Smith is saying. You can go back to healthy amounts of refreshing Twitter.

One year ago tonight the Augustana nation was put through the full range of emotions.

-Despair: when the Danimal attempted to gimp his way through warm ups but was clearly unable to go
                                -Defeat: watching Tarleton summon an unbelievable shooting night from the 3 point line, Jordan Spencer sitting with foul trouble, and Casey Schilling enduring a horrible shooting night
                                -Elation: Al Richter. Al Richter. Al Ricther. A career high 32 points in the most dire moment of the season including 20 in the second half.

I'll never forget the Tiger Woods style fist pump I unleashed in my living room, in the midst of a a blizzard outside, when Al singed the nets for the game icing 3 with just over a minute to go.

As exciting as it was to see Dan make a heroic re-emergence against Western Oregon to spark our offense and as unbelievable as it was watching the Vikes celebrate with confetti everywhere after the Lincoln Memorial game, I agree...it's as if the Tarleton game was the actual National Championship for us. It seemed so bleak. Thank goodness Al proved that he was a third fiddle by circumstance and not due to talent. He proved he would've been a starter on any D2 team in the country during that entire Elite Eight run, but the game against Tarleton was some next level type stuff.

Would be great if the Vikes can put together an even stronger squad this next year and work their way back to the Elite Eight. Obviously won't be easy, particularly with Southwest bringing back all starters, NWMSU bringing back Pitts (though possibly not Ben McCollum if the Bearcats go all the way), and Moorhead and a few others likely being strong, but I'm still excited. Losing Beyer, Busack and Zach will be an interesting challenge, but if any of our young guards (Schaefer, Levi Jansen, maybe even Matt Cartwright) are ready to step up in Beyer's place and contribute right away, we could still have a solid squad. Just hope we have at least one of our big men step up as a starter-worthy player between now and next October 15th.

Also, is it October 15th yet?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X