Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

You either pat his back now or you'll be begged the rest of the season. Wise strategy to get it out of the way early.
    Starting in on it early I seeā€¦

Comment

• Augustana's last football game Jeff Fylling interviewed Billeter on the radio, here are the answers to some of Jeff's queries

He is very happy with the guard play between Graves and Miller.

The team is more experienced than most people would believe with the Akoi, Fink, Graves, Miller, Otto and Tiedman.

Brady Helgren is more ready for NSIC play, besides AAU play he faced tougher competition in high school than the other freshmen.

Caden Hinker is already near Akoi's level of play.

Fully expects team to improve as season progresses.

Comment

You either pat his back now or you'll be begged the rest of the season. Wise strategy to get it out of the way early.
        For the recordā€¦ and after various shots were taken at me and the dragons last season essentially for Msum being overrated, etcā€¦I made ONE comment (in 7 years on this board) how I wasnā€™t surprised that the same dragon detractors (without naming anyone specifically) didnā€™t acknowledge how well Moorhead played in that semifinal game at augie. Then you and your buddies got all butt hurt and completely blew it out if proportion, which only helped solidify my point.

Welcome back to a new season. Best of luck to NSU. I expect the wolves to be very good this year. Did I miss your preseason nsic rankings?
        Last edited by Moorhead123; 11-04-2022, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

For the recordā€¦ and after various shots were taken at me and the dragons last season essentially for Msum being overrated, etcā€¦I made ONE comment (in 7 years on this board) how I wasnā€™t surprised that the same dragon detractors (without naming anyone specifically) didnā€™t acknowledge how well Moorhead played in that semifinal game at augie. Then you and your buddies got all butt hurt and completely blew it out if proportion, which only helped solidify my point.

Welcome back to a new season. Best of luck to NSU. I expect the wolves to be very good this year. Did I miss your preseason nsic rankings?
          First off, I was unaware that I had any buddies on here. Very exciting news. I am more excited than Kip Drordy when he got his first Facebook friend.

If there are any other issues from the past that we can help you with, let us know. If I could have buddies without knowing it than maybe you can....nevermind.

As always, preseason rankings are pointless and meaningless. I used to get quite excited for the finer details of fandom however I'm to the point where I try to watch as many games as I can and the only thing that really matters is results.

But if I must

1. Northern
          2-16 who cares.

Sincerely not your guy, pal or buddy,

NSU4LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

First off, I was unaware that I had any buddies on here. Very exciting news. I am more excited than Kip Drordy when he got his first Facebook friend.

If there are any other issues from the past that we can help you with, let us know. If I could have buddies without knowing it than maybe you can....nevermind.

As always, preseason rankings are pointless and meaningless. I used to get quite excited for the finer details of fandom however I'm to the point where I try to watch as many games as I can and the only thing that really matters is results.

But if I must

1. Northern
            2-16 who cares.

NSU4LIFE
            Ah yes...basketball season must be just around the corner...

Comment

But if I must

1. Northern
              2-16 who cares.

NSU4LIFE
              Good point, no chance you have any buddies. Again, for the recordā€¦you were the one that brought up the past, not me. Glad to see your rankings remain consistent each season.

Comment

But if I must

1. Northern
                2-16 who cares.

NSU4LIFE

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Good point, no chance you have any buddies. Again, for the recordā€¦you were the one that brought up the past, not me. Glad to see your rankings remain consistent each season.
                Guys, guys...this thread is for talking about how great Augie is, not for arguing about who has fewer friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Guys, guys...this thread is for talking about how great Augie is, not for arguing about who has fewer friends.
                  Fair point, but actually that was one of the few things we seem to agree onā€¦that NSU4LIFE has no buddies.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Good choice going with "guys" as opposed to pals, buddies, or friends...

Comment

• Augie's 2023 class is officially signed. Super excited to see this group in Augie blue, especially combined with this current freshman class. If we can avoid the transfer portal plague, it could be a fun few years for the Vikes.

Here are the obligatory positive comments from Coach Billeter as well as stats and info on the four incoming recruits: https://goaugie.com/news/2022/11/9/m...asketball.aspx

Four Ink Name to Augustana Menā€™s Basketball

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. ā€“ Augustana men's basketball head coach Tom Billeter announced the signing of four future Vikings on the first day of the national signing period. The class includes Dallas Bear, Caden Kirkman, Brayson Laube and Arhman Lewis.

"This is an outstanding class that will pair with last year's class," Billeter said. "We are very excited about the future of Augustana basketball. My assistants, Casey Schlatter, Cody Schilling and Devin Whitelow, worked extremely hard and did an excellent job of recruiting this year's group."

Dallas Bear | 6-8 | 185 | Forward | Cedar Falls, Iowa | Cedar Falls HS

Coach Billeter on Dallas: "Dallas is a legitimate 6-8 wing with excellent perimeter skills with the ability to make shots. He will have the ability to be a very tough match-up for most teams that we play. Dallas can go inside to the post and post players up, however, he is truly a wing."

Bear was a Third Team All-State honoree in Iowa last season while earning First Team All-Conference honors from the Mississippi Valley Conference. As a starter, he led the Tigers to a State Tournament appearance while averaging 14 points and 5.9 rebounds per game. He led Cedar Falls with 58-made 3-point field goals.

Caden Kirkman | 6-8 | 215 | Forward | Wilton, Iowa | Wilton HS

Coach Billeter on Caden: "Caden is a solid front liner who does a lot of things. He has all the things one needs to be a successful player. He is skilled, has really good hands and feet and likes to bang around in the post. He plays the game hard and has a very high ceiling. Caden will be a very good player for us."

The Eastern Iowa Player of the Year, Kirkman averaged 20.8 points, 10.8 rebounds, 3.9 blocks and 3.9 assists per game as a junior. He was the unanimous pick to the River Valley Conference Elite Team. As a sophomore, he earned Third Team All-State honors while averaging 18.6 points, 11 rebounds and 4.3 blocks per game. He will play his senior year as a four-year starter as he averaged 14.3 points per game as a freshman while starting the 22-game schedule.

Brayson Laube | 6-2 | 175 | Guard | Marion, Iowa | Marion HS

Coach Billeter on Brayson: "Brayson is a versatile guard who can really score and defend. He is a gym rat that works on his game constantly. We recruited Brayson for the past few years knowing he is a young man who fits our system extremely well and is an excellent student-athlete."

A First Team All-State honoree as a junior, Laube averaged 20 points, three rebounds, three assists and two steals per game last season. He is the career leader at Marion High School for 3-point makes. Laube led the Wolves to a WaMaC Conference Championship and an appearance in the State Tournament where he scored a personal-best 35 points. As a sophomore, Laube averaged 16 points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game while earning Third Team All-State accolades.

Arhman Lewis | 6-0 | 155 | Guard | Madison, Wisc. | Robert M. Lafollette HS

Coach Billeter on Arhman: "Arhman is a true point guard who is an excellent playmaker and passer, but can also score as well. He is one of the better defenders in his league as he has an excellent ability to guard the ball. He will be an outstanding point guard in our league."

Lewis earned First Team All-Big Eight honors as a junior while averaging 14 points and eight assists per game. He was an honorable mention to the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association All-State Team while also earning an honorable mention to The Associated Press All-State squad. He led the Lancers to the Big Eight Conference Championship.
                      Last edited by MrAugustana; 11-09-2022, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Looking at twitter all Vikings men's BB signees had quite a few D1 visits especially Dallas Bear who had D1 offers. It a great day to be a Viking!

Comment

• Arkansas Monticello finished 10-17 last season and has a transfer heavy roster. Should be a good matchup for the new look Vikings.

Comment

• The best GameDay gift is all the Isaac Fink content! He's back like he never left! Let's Ride!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck0uaLou...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              Let's Ride!
                              Glad to see you've become a Mustangs fan....

Comment

• Unbelievable weekend for Krauthketball. Two wins over teams in the top 5 of the MIAA preseason polls. Don't ever leave us Dave.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X