Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UncleRico View Post
    Not sure if anyone has picked up on this yet, but Angelo Winkel did not come back for his second semester of school. Will be enrolling elsewhere in the fall.
    Did a quick Twitter search and you are correct:

Bummer, as I had heard he had a lot of potential. At the same time, he didn't play much this year (only one minute total), so hopefully it won't make a major negative impact on the rest of this season.

With the big men the Vikings have coming in next year (Jackson Loge, Brady Helgren, Caden Hinker), maybe it's ok to get them minutes early and not have them competing with Winkel for playing time next season. Then again, having some big men with college experience going up against guys like Austin Andrews, Jordan Janssen (who is somehow only a junior), etc. next year wouldn't be bad for the Vikings either, so maybe they'll look to fill the gap Winkel leaves with a one-year transfer or something.

Either way, the Vikes have a lot to replace losing Riemersma, Dykman, and Tiedman this offseason. I'm willing to bet the coaches will make the right call on what makes the most sense.

Comment

• Speaking of next year, does anyone know if Lebrun is planning to come back for a fifth year, thanks to COVID?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Did a quick Twitter search and you are correct:

Bummer, as I had heard he had a lot of potential. At the same time, he didn't play much this year (only one minute total), so hopefully it won't make a major negative impact on the rest of this season.

With the big men the Vikings have coming in next year (Jackson Loge, Brady Helgren, Caden Hinker), maybe it's ok to get them minutes early and not have them competing with Winkel for playing time next season. Then again, having some big men with college experience going up against guys like Austin Andrews, Jordan Janssen (who is somehow only a junior), etc. next year wouldn't be bad for the Vikings either, so maybe they'll look to fill the gap Winkel leaves with a one-year transfer or something.

Either way, the Vikes have a lot to replace losing Riemersma, Dykman, and Tiedman this offseason. I'm willing to bet the coaches will make the right call on what makes the most sense.

Comment

• Unless I did my math wrong, with 7 offensive rebounds tonight, and 81 offensive boards on the season, Tyler Riemersma has passed Casey Schilling's previous record of 305 to become Augie's all-time offensive rebound leader. I believe rebounds weren't broken into def/off categories til the late 80's, but still a very impressive stat.

EDIT: I did not do my math wrong, Tyler is indeed the Offensive Rebound Leader with 306. Crazy impressive considering he missed most of his first year with Augie, and had the Covid season. Plus he still has games left to build on that record. Congrats to him.
          Last edited by Augie Boy; 02-13-2022, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• Hard to believe it could get more fun than Augie clinching the NSIC title on Thursday at USF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augie Boy View Post
              Unless I did my math wrong, with 7 offensive rebounds tonight, and 81 offensive boards on the season, Tyler Riemersma has passed Casey Schilling's previous record of 305 to become Augie's all-time offensive rebound leader. I believe rebounds weren't broken into def/off categories til the late 80's, but still a very impressive stat.

EDIT: I did not do my math wrong, Tyler is indeed the Offensive Rebound Leader with 306. Crazy impressive considering he missed most of his first year with Augie, and had the Covid season. Plus he still has games left to build on that record. Congrats to him.
              Tyler is such a smooth operator at rebounding. Truly impressive number. Let's hope he grabs another double-double at USF as the Vikings of Augustana clinch a conference crown

Comment

• Would some Augie fan please thank their radio guy for doing the games online Saturday. Evidently there was some problems on the MSU end- there was picture only on Friday and to start the women's game Saturday. At first it sounded like he was locked in a closet but luckily they got that fixed because the crowd (??? I don't know if I can call it that) was drowning out the audio. Anyway I appreciated the play by play rather than having the silent screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                  Would some Augie fan please thank their radio guy for doing the games online Saturday. Evidently there was some problems on the MSU end- there was picture only on Friday and to start the women's game Saturday. At first it sounded like he was locked in a closet but luckily they got that fixed because the crowd (??? I don't know if I can call it that) was drowning out the audio. Anyway I appreciated the play by play rather than having the silent screen.
                  Jeff has been the voice of the Vikings since the late 80's after graduating he is a great guy. Thank hin yoursel

Jeff Fylling (@JeffFylling) / Twitter

Comment

• For the 5th time this season Tyler Riemersma has been named south div. POW. totaling 43pts, 26rb's. I think it's safe to say he is the best player in the NSIC.

2021-22 NSIC Men's Basketball Weekly Release No. 13 - Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Jeff has been the voice of the Vikings since the late 80's after graduating he is a great guy. Thank hin yoursel

Jeff Fylling (@JeffFylling) / Twitter

Thanks for the info. I did follow him and got a very nice reply back. He said that there were technical difficulties on the MSU end and when asked to do the feed was happy to help!

Comment

• Congrats incoming Viking Jackson Loge on being named a top 10 finalist for the Minnesota Mr. Basketball award. Only D2 kid on the list.

??????

Comment

• Also congrats to Tyler Riemersma on being named to the Top 50 of the Bevo Francis Award List: ?https://goaugie.com/news/2022/2/15/m...-the-year.aspx

Other Central Region athletes I saw on the list included Tray Buchanan of Emporia, Trevor Hudgins of NWMSU, Isaiah Wade of UCO, and Ryan Hawkins of Creighton.

Just kidding about Hawkins. Not sure if I missed any others. Congrats to Tyler on this great recognition. Should be interesting to see if he makes the cut down to 25.??????

Comment

• Vikings hit #5 in the NABC Top 25, #8 in the CoSIDA Top 25.

If you need me, I'll be in full Apostle of Apprehension mode pretty much throughout the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                              Vikings hit #5 in the NABC Top 25, #8 in the CoSIDA Top 25.

If you need me, I'll be in full Apostle of Apprehension mode pretty much throughout the rest of the season.
                              EZ to see why you're in A.O.A mode the path is so clear for the Vikes to host the regional, maybe to clear.

Comment

• Cool Midco story featuring Isaac Fink:

Great work, as always, David Brown and Midco.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X