• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I said "unfortunate optimism" Heck no I don't want you guys to go. Though you all don't see it as a rivalry, it's the closest thing NSU fans feel they have to one. I want it to keep growing. I just feel like if the city of Sioux falls gets their way, which they always seem to do, the will get enough interest in that city and area to bring the title of D1 school to town. I don't think it's best for the school, but we've seen how SF continues to add and build and grow at an insane rate. It's one more thing they don't have that they may/may not want. Just my view of it is all.
    On my behalf, I've thought of NSU, MSU, and USF as our 3 rivals. Do you not see USF as a rival or don't you dislike then enough for that viewpoint?

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Just want us out of the NSIC/Division II?
    I said "unfortunate optimism" Heck no I don't want you guys to go. Though you all don't see it as a rivalry, it's the closest thing NSU fans feel they have to one. I want it to keep growing. I just feel like if the city of Sioux falls gets their way, which they always seem to do, the will get enough interest in that city and area to bring the title of D1 school to town. I don't think it's best for the school, but we've seen how SF continues to add and build and grow at an insane rate. It's one more thing they don't have that they may/may not want. Just my view of it is all.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

4LIFE misread the post- he thought that they might move to D3............

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

That is almost six months old. I still have unfortunate optimism.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Augustana University will not be a D1 school in the near future.http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ath/473114001/
    That is almost six months old. I still have unfortunate optimism.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Augustana University will not be a D1 school in the near future.http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ath/473114001/

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Honestly, I figured he would be the one eager to lead the charge into D1 territory based on his fundraising background and his time spent at numerous D1 institutions. Definitely an interesting development. Here's to hoping his replacement does a solid job. Seems odd to have such a quick transition again after having Bill Gross at the helm for infinity years before Slade came in.
    Good to know. With it being sudden, I didn't know if it was a situation where maybe they decided to make the move internally and he wasn't on board, or perhaps he wanted to move and they officially decided not to. All just theories of course.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Appears Augie's AD is stepping down. Didn't want to be part of D1 move or is it try to spend time with fam?
    Honestly, I figured he would be the one eager to lead the charge into D1 territory based on his fundraising background and his time spent at numerous D1 institutions. Definitely an interesting development. Here's to hoping his replacement does a solid job. Seems odd to have such a quick transition again after having Bill Gross at the helm for infinity years before Slade came in.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Shocking. He's been nearly flawless since taking over so it's truly unfortunate he won't be on the job much longer.
    It seems odd to give a two week notice at this sort of job. Certainly did good things.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Shocking. He's been nearly flawless since taking over so it's truly unfortunate he won't be on the job much longer.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Appears Augie's AD is stepping down. Didn't want to be part of D1 move or is it try to spend time with fam?
    It says to spend more time with his family AND to pursue other opportunities. Hmmm.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-step-down/103

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

For those interested, just came across this story in the Yankton paper on incoming Viking AJ Plitzuweit's recent scoring barrage over the past several games and his leadership on a team that is pretty reliant on his ability to put the ball in the hoop: https://www.yankton.net/sports/artic...f17e5209d.html

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

I'm willing to bet there are at least a few teams in Minnesota from towns the size of Vermillion that aren't exactly loaded with high D1 or D2 talent.
    When BBE won the state title by way of their stud that ended up at St. John's, he was pretty much all they had. (One example, I'm still new to this miserable state:) )

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Tough to not touch this one. :)
    I'm willing to bet there are at least a few teams in Minnesota from towns the size of Vermillion that aren't exactly loaded with high D1 or D2 talent.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X