Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billeter doing what coaches do when they move on and it sucks to be on the losing end. I'll trust in Cody to make things right.
    Last edited by vikingfaithful; 04-07-2024, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Donald Coats III also flips his commitment to Emporia State.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        Billeter doing what coaches do when they move on and it sucks to be on the losing end. I'll trust in Cody to make things right.
        I don't blame Billeter one bit. This is the way of college sports these days, and he's earned his street cred.

In an odd way, I kind of enjoy this portal mess. Keeps things interesting during what had been a down time for basketball.

Like Vikingfaithful, I have full confidence in Schiling to assemble a competitive roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

I don't blame Billeter one bit. This is the way of college sports these days, and he's earned his street cred.

In an odd way, I kind of enjoy this portal mess. Keeps things interesting during what had been a down time for basketball.

Like Vikingfaithful, I have full confidence in Schiling to assemble a competitive roster.
          These incoming recruits flipping to Emporia State makes a ton of sense. They’ve never experienced Augie, haven’t established relationships here, etc. Assuming Billeter or Schlatter were the key recruiters, it makes sense that they’d want to follow them.

Obviously the current roster kids can go wherever they want as well. Like vikingfaithful said, it’s tough to swallow, but that’s the way it is. Clearly some kids want to stay, as Helgren came back out of the portal. Hopefully others want to as well.

If not, it’ll be up to Schilling to restock the cupboard. Starting with a foundation of Hinker and Akoi is definitely a plus. I think Hinker could be an all-conference big man these next two years if he keeps progressing. Get a couple of transfers in and there may not be much of a drop-off at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

These incoming recruits flipping to Emporia State makes a ton of sense. They’ve never experienced Augie, haven’t established relationships here, etc. Assuming Billeter or Schlatter were the key recruiters, it makes sense that they’d want to follow them.

Obviously the current roster kids can go wherever they want as well. Like vikingfaithful said, it’s tough to swallow, but that’s the way it is. Clearly some kids want to stay, as Helgren came back out of the portal. Hopefully others want to as well.

If not, it’ll be up to Schilling to restock the cupboard. Starting with a foundation of Hinker and Akoi is definitely a plus. I think Hinker could be an all-conference big man these next two years if he keeps progressing. Get a couple of transfers in and there may not be much of a drop-off at all.
            You're correct about a good foundation. Would think a transfer at point guard would find Augustana an attractive option as there is an immediate for the position. The program has a great tradition and will be alright. Cody has a fantastic resume as a head coach and will find a quality assistant. Augie will be a force again in the NSIC.

Comment

• Augie gets a commitment from SDSU transfer Jack Hastreiter.

https://twitter.com/jack_hastreiter/...GJMdypCbg&s=19

Comment

• Some news on an incoming player rather than an outgoing player:

Hastreiter played HS ball in Nebraska and is an SDSU transfer who averaged 3.6 minutes per game, 1 point per game, and 1 rebound per game. Hoping he can step in and make an impact out of the gate with Augie. Looks like he’ll have three years as a Viking, if I’m looking at it correctly.

Welcome to Augie and the Cody Schilling era, Jack!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  Some news on an incoming player rather than an outgoing player:

Hastreiter played HS ball in Nebraska and is an SDSU transfer who averaged 3.6 minutes per game, 1 point per game, and 1 rebound per game. Hoping he can step in and make an impact out of the gate with Augie. Looks like he’ll have three years as a Viking, if I’m looking at it correctly.

Welcome to Augie and the Cody Schilling era, Jack!
                  His brother just made a similar transfer from NDSU to MSUM

Comment

• Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post
                    Augie gets a commitment from SDSU transfer Jack Hastreiter.

https://twitter.com/jack_hastreiter/...GJMdypCbg&s=19
                    One of the retweets of this announcement was Tanner TeSlaa. That could be nothing but it also could be something.

Comment

• Ferguson brothers are committed

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

One of the retweets of this announcement was Tanner TeSlaa. That could be nothing but it also could be something.
                        Great news fellow Vikings fans. Not one, but 2 Ferguson brothers have committed to Augustana. Boo yah!

DF3 (@floatfamdon11) / X (twitter.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Husky View Post
                          Ferguson brothers are committed
                          Wow, this definitely changes my outlook for next year.

Comment

• I told y'all to let Cody cook!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              I told y'all to let Cody cook!!
                              That's what you stated in post #1952. Now who next joins the good guys.

Comment

• Since our esteemed friend NSU4LIFE is on a conditional retirement from the boards, I suppose I no longer need to temper my expectations for recruits.

With that in mind, this has definitely been an exciting couple of days and certainly lessens the sting of losing our outgoing portalers (assuming the ones leaving don't pull a Brady Helgren and come back).

Would love to see the Vikes add Te Slaa to the mix.

Joking aside, most of these recruits aren't a known quantity thus far, so it's good to remain a little tempered. But I'm definitely excited about this group Coach Schilling is pulling together in such a short window of time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X