Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    One and the same Bill Gross as mentioned in this article after Augie ended the Warriors season in 2009.

http://www.winonadailynews.com/sport...ce240eef7.html

Comment

Fun story from Midco Sports on incoming Viking AJ Plitzuweit (who I'm reading dropped 48 points and picked up 13 boards in a win last night):

Funny, because his high school coach basically says at one point, "He tried to share the ball early in the season and we told him to score more" (paraphrasing).

Video also discusses why he chose Augie over other offers and whatnot toward the end, for the Viking fans who are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        Fun story from Midco Sports on incoming Viking AJ Plitzuweit (who I'm reading dropped 48 points and picked up 13 boards in a win last night):

Funny, because his high school coach basically says at one point, "He tried to share the ball early in the season and we told him to score more" (paraphrasing).

Video also discusses why he chose Augie over other offers and whatnot toward the end, for the Viking fans who are interested.
        Looking at the picture, I would have preferred that he became a Coyote...........

Comment

For those interested, another feature on Plitzuweit, this time via KDLT: http://www.kdlt.com/2018/01/29/plitzuweit-passion-game/

Getting more and more excited to see AJ in Viking blue and gold next year when the season starts.

Comment

For those interested, another feature on Plitzuweit, this time via KDLT: http://www.kdlt.com/2018/01/29/plitzuweit-passion-game/

Getting more and more excited to see AJ in Viking blue and gold next year when the season starts.
            Vikings incoming class of 5, Hanson, LeBrun, Plitzuwiet, Schaefer and Tiedman looks fabulous giving the team some height and length. If we can hold onto Jaeden King for 2019, that would be awesome. Cannot be more excited to see this class add a new chapter to Augustana basketball.

Comment

Congrats to incoming Viking Michael Schaefer on his recent player of the week award.

Odd that the article mentions that his teammate is going to Winona State but doesn't mention that he himself is going to Augie, but whatever. Still a cool honor.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                Vikings incoming class of 5, Hanson, LeBrun, Plitzuwiet, Schaefer and Tiedman looks fabulous giving the team some height and length. If we can hold onto Jaeden King for 2019, that would be awesome. Cannot be more excited to see this class add a new chapter to Augustana basketball.
                What is the opposite of awesome?

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                  A conversation with you.

Comment

A conversation with you.
                    For the record, I was just kidding. Even though I'm guessing you posted specifically because you are bearing bad news for Augie fans (and good news for non-Augie fans).

Comment

A conversation with you.
                      +1

Comment

For the record, I was just kidding. Even though I'm guessing you posted specifically because you are bearing bad news for Augie fans (and good news for non-Augie fans).
                        Yes, unfortunately, as some of you Augie guys already knew, Mr. King has re-opened his recruiting process, and with the kind of year he is having, I don't really see how he would end up at the Division II level. And like you said, while it is bad news for Augie fans, it is pretty good news for everyone else as he would have been a VERY nice player at this level.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately, as some of you Augie guys already knew, Mr. King has re-opened his recruiting process, and with the kind of year he is having, I don't really see how he would end up at the Division II level. And like you said, while it is bad news for Augie fans, it is pretty good news for everyone else as he would have been a VERY nice player at this level.
                          Yeah, that sucks. Obviously not a total shock, as it seemed Mr. King has made a big jump from his summer commitment to where he is now. I believe the last time the Northstar Hoops guys put together their 2019 Rankings, King was all the way down in the 30s. I highly, highly doubt he'll be that low again when they update those rankings. Disappointing, but I suppose that's the risk with an early commitment. If anything, I'm glad the coaches still have time to continue recruiting other talented players for the 2019 class.

The truly interesting thing will be seeing if/how King's numbers change at all next year when he is far and away the main focus of opposing players. Right now he's the third option on a team that already features a Top 40 national recruit (Oturu), a low-to-mid-major D1 recruit (Chatman), and a high-D2 or low-D1 recruit (Larson)--all seniors. Cretin-Derham Hall will always have a handful of high-D2 and low-D1 kids on their roster, so maybe next year's juniors and seniors will fill some of those spots that are being vacated, but if not, King will have way more defensive pressure thrown his way than teams can afford to give him this year. One possibility is that things are tougher for him than expected. Another (and probably more likely) is that he will continue at his current trajectory and be one of the top talents in the state.

That being said, as disappointing as a de-commitment is, especially from a talent of King's level, props to the Augie coaching staff for recognizing the kid's talent long before anyone else offered or pursued him. Just wish he would've stuck to that commitment. Who knows, maybe his recruiting won't turn out as he's hoping it will and he'll end up re-committing to the Vikes at some point down the line. Seems unlikely, but I certainly would love to see it happen, as I'm sure plenty of other Augie fans would too. At least we know it's unlikely that he'll end up at another NSIC or MIAA school, which is the next best consolation as far as I'm concerned.
                          Last edited by MrAugustana; 02-07-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

The NSIC twitter feed wants all Augustana men's basketball fans to remember happier times:

https://twitter.com/NorthernSunConf/...98064746651648

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              The NSIC twitter feed wants all Augustana men's basketball fans to remember happier times:

https://twitter.com/NorthernSunConf/...98064746651648
                              Of course it does. You know, face of the league and all.

Comment

The modern day Robert Vaughn.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X