Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Week 9 Chat

Some good games this weekend that could play a factor in conference, and possibly regional, seedings. And the Matts have their annual transfer-off in St. Cloud on Saturday evening.

Re: NSIC Week 9 Chat

Pretty significant game in Marshall tonight, if going off the PI thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      And the Matts have their annual transfer-off in St. Cloud on Saturday evening.
      Go Fighting Reimers!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        Go Fighting Reimers!
        Now I'm worried.

Comment

Go Fighting Reimers!
          Pains me to say it but I have to pull for Mankato .

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            I've actually been a SCSU guy (of course BSU first), and have been picking the Huskies to win on almost every occasion (you can see I have been wrong some). However, tonight I am crossing the grain and picking Mankato; not that I want them to win, but there's one aspect of this game that I have experienced a lot. The Huskies pummeled the Mavs in Mankato. Maybe SCSU matches up well and also the Huskies are just the better team. However, what makes me think Mankato will win is the "what happened last time concept". I always found it hard to sweep a team that was comparable to mine; especially if we snuck a road win first time around. Back in the early 90s when Duluth had a 47-game home NIC winning streak (some of you younger guys probably can't imagine that), we snuck out a nice road win. So the Bulldogs come back to our place and I preached preparation, determination, etc like crazy and my guys didn't demonstrate the energy they did first time around (back when all we heard from the Duluth SID was how dominate the Bulldogs were over us), and certainly not up to the revengeful Bulldogs who unfortunately regained their superiority. I seem to find that true with other teams and games too. But this is one of those things that if everything is a wash, then maybe the revenge (what happened last time) factor may come into play. I may be wrong on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mankato is so motivated, and SCSU is more ho hum, and the Mavs pull out a road victory.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
              I'll miss being there in person because of the flu. Had it since Tuesday. I wonder how much of that crap has been going around the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                I'll miss being there in person because of the flu. Had it since Tuesday. I wonder how much of that crap has been going around the NSIC.
                Not the flu, but I've been feeling like crap since about Tuesday as well.

Comment

Not the flu, but I've been feeling like crap since about Tuesday as well.
                  I hadn't left the house since Tuesday. Only left today to feed the neighbor's cats or I wouldn't have done that either. I wanted to go to Hector tonight to watch BLHS take on MVL. Former Nicollet & MSU great Kory Kettner's son Jake is playing for MVL- just a junior. It would have been interesting to watch him but I'm getting tired just being at the computer.

Comment

How I'd rank the mens games this weekend in terms of importance:

1. Riemerthaler Rumble
                    2. Minot @ SMSU
                    3. Northern @ Winona
                    4. Minot @ USF

Early shout to Singing Scott Ballard and the Winona women for righting the ship and leading Scorch by 13 at half. Augie women could have a nearly insurmountable two game lead by the end of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                      How I'd rank the mens games this weekend in terms of importance:

1. Riemerthaler Rumble
                      2. Minot @ SMSU
                      3. Northern @ Winona
                      4. Minot @ USF

Early shout to Singing Scott Ballard and the Winona women for righting the ship and leading Scorch by 13 at half. Augie women could have a nearly insurmountable two game lead by the end of the night.

Comment

Ballard is similar to ballad but most importantly his owning the fact that he ratted out the USF student section for a game winning technical foul call a few years ago.

Comment

If the Golden Eagles are trying to win me over with a little Miley Cyrus "Party In the USA" it's working

Comment

Moorhead and Winona women in the midst of a 4th OVERTIME

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              Moorhead and Winona women in the midst of a 4th OVERTIME
                              Scorch guts it out 101-97 in 4 Overtimes

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X