Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 10 Chat

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    Being I don't find and MSU thread I will ask this question here. I keep seeing reference to Mankato like this:

WSU won its final four road games of the regular season, including wins at CSP and (RV) MSU

My question is what does the (RV) reference?
    Receiving (ed) Votes in the last national poll

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      Receiving (ed) Votes in the last national poll
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        Winona deserved to win. Shot great outside in the second half. Could drive when ever they wanted to. Played with a lot more teamwork and heart.
        This has been what's stuck out to be me over the last number of weeks. They seem to be playing hard and as a team. I think this is what Coach Eisner has been trying to instill and it seems to be taking hold. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
          This has been what's stuck out to be me over the last number of weeks. They seem to be playing hard and as a team. I think this is what Coach Eisner has been trying to instill and it seems to be taking hold. I hope.
          After watching the UConn women win again last night, I would make it required watching by my team at any level- junior high, high school, college or pro- if I was coaching. It is drilled into their heads to find the open player. The number of assists that they get is amazing. Sure they have talented athletes- but I can't remember watching them play selfishly. I've seen MSU have great games where they played unselfishly and worked with each other on defense. I've also seen a couple of games- the second Winona and the first St. Cloud games- where they looked like complete strangers on the court.

To me right now WSU is the surprise team in the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
            Perhaps. I certainly praised them and said they outhustled and outplayed the Mavs. I'll send a gold star to their AD to drive it home for you ;)

Along with my gold star will be every coach sending their letters of forfeit as none of them want to play the Warriors.
            The AD doesn't need a gold star but he did tell me that WSU beat you even though you shot 57% from the field and 45% from beyond the arc. Good to know that it is considered an off night for you....

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
              The AD doesn't need a gold star but he did tell me that WSU beat you even though you shot 57% from the field and 45% from beyond the arc. Good to know that it is considered an off night for you....
              There are two sides to the court. The defense allowed Winona to do whatever they wanted in the second half, and all game if Winona would have made more shots in the first half. Check the rebound numbers since you're looking at stats. Tells the story of hustle/heart and lack of effort. Also, simply watching the game showed that.

Comment

Marganthulers team play defense. Now that right there is some funny stuff. If you can keep rolling out one liners like that, you should quit your day job. You could be a very successful comedy writer somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                  Marganthulers team play defense. Now that right there is some funny stuff. If you can keep rolling out one liners like that, you should quit your day job. You could be a very successful comedy writer somewhere.
                  Not coincidentally, only in the years the team finds success. Which hasn't been very often lately. But there are games when they play fabulous defense (it surprises us Mav fans too) and they actually look like a team that could play with anyone. But once again, that hasn't been very often lately either.

Comment

Not coincidentally, only in the years the team finds success. Which hasn't been very often lately. But there are games when they play fabulous defense (it surprises us Mav fans too) and they actually look like a team that could play with anyone. But once again, that hasn't been very often lately either.
                    I think that the same can be said about SCSU, they are playing pretty good defense this year and the results are showing on the floor. Plus I have started to notice that they really seem to enjoy playing together. Could be an offshoot of winning, but when a bad pass or missed assignment happens, it draws a little smile between the two players as opposed to a)no reaction or(even worse) b)a scowl from one to another. I think that that is easier to come by with a team that has been together as opposed to one with a bunch of new players each year.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                      I think that that is easier to come by with a team that has been together as opposed to one with a bunch of new players each year.
                      A team that has been together while its best player was suspended, reinstated, suspended, and reinstated.

Comment

A team that has been together while its best player was suspended, reinstated, suspended, and reinstated.
                        This is actually the most likely reason for the cohesiveness. That will either break a team down or bring them together. Seems it did the latter.

Comment

The key was really the second reinstatement. That really showed the guys that he wanted to be around. :)

Comment

This is actually the most likely reason for the cohesiveness. That will either break a team down or bring them together. Seems it did the latter.
                            Can you imagine the unending stream of hyperbole coming from simple had Margs suspended and reinstated his best player twice and then that team became a darkhorse candidate to win the Regional? There wouldn't have been a horse too high for simple to mount and pass judgement.

Comment

Hey, I resemble that.

Comment

Can you imagine the unending stream of hyperbole coming from simple had Margs suspended and reinstated his best player twice and then that team became a darkhorse candidate to win the Regional? There wouldn't have been a horse too high for simple to mount and pass judgement.
                                Haha. That would be more like the Nile than a stream :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X