Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Matchups and Predictions

Style-wise I would say they are actually pretty comparable. Dougherty is probably a little stronger and Skeens (WU) is probably a little more athletic but both move really well for big guys. Skeens is also a better shot blocker (conference defensive player of the year). Skeens will do well against traditional big men. I think Dougherty gave him some trouble and got him in foul trouble because Dougherty moves better than most bigs.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
      Style-wise I would say they are actually pretty comparable. Dougherty is probably a little stronger and Skeens (WU) is probably a little more athletic but both move really well for big guys. Skeens is also a better shot blocker (conference defensive player of the year). Skeens will do well against traditional big men. I think Dougherty gave him some trouble and got him in foul trouble because Dougherty moves better than most bigs.
      Thanks for the insight. Seems like this 2/7 matchup will be a good one and has me a bit nervous. I may need to mix my adult beverage earlier than planned!

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
        Based on how WU & Northern St played NW in the 4 games I saw in person(3 vs WU/1 vs Northern St) I give a slight edge to WU based on their familiarity with Lamkin(same goes for MoSo).
        While you may be right on the familiarity with Lamkin, remember, they have not played here this season. WU that is!

Comment

Comment

"Should"

Comment

You guys make some great points. I know that Northern State is well coached and is very fundamentally sound. This may sound too simple but whoever hits the most perimeter shots and whoever gets downhill the most and attacks the rim will win. The play in the post on both sides is going to be really good. The guards and the bench play will probably be the difference. Washburn has a lot of tradition so the school and the entire community is excited to be back in the dance for the first time since 2012. See you all on Sat!

Comment

So, what I am gett8ng out of this thread so far seems to be that Missouri Southern and Washburn are better than they were in November, SNU beat Oral Roberts (a D1 school) so by default they are legit, the NSIC has not improved all year and is a weak conference, and finally NWMSU has the 2017-2018 NC trophy in the case already.

Just the spark notes for others trying to catch up. :)

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  So, what I am gett8ng out of this thread so far seems to be that Missouri Southern and Washburn are better than they were in November, SNU beat Oral Roberts (a D1 school) so by default they are legit, the NSIC has not improved all year and is a weak conference, and finally NWMSU has the 2017-2018 NC trophy in the case already.

Just the spark notes for others trying to catch up. :)
                  We must be reading different threads.

Comment

Not at all. I think the NSIC had a fabulous year and probably has more elite teams at the top than the MIAA. Washburn had a quality win at MO Southern in Jan and then had some injuries and kind of struggled getting their feet back under them in Feb. The last two weeks have been better and I think they are back playing great ball again. Northern State is going to be a huge challenge but I think the Bods will be ready and their leader, Skeens is playing terrifically right now. Tons of respect for Northern State. Good luck to all the teams. I think it will be the toughest region in the country. Hopefully the national champion comes from this region.

Comment

Oh just relax, I added the little old school smiley face! The alternative is that we all sit on her want say "Yup, it's tourney time. Any team can win on any night." I don't show it, but I love reading everyone talk about how their teams have improved/proved themselves. I find most of it entertaining. I only wish I had a personality where I could get arrogant about how good I feel NSU is and just hope they back it up, haha. Ask NSUguy, usually when I get that way it backfires on my teams, garage games back in the day, drink bets, three point contests...So I'll leave that to the pros. Haha

Comment

What can you tell me about A&G in Maryville?

More importantly, does your Pizza Hut have a Wing Street? Haha

Comment

I can't wait for Saturday but honestly I feel my team may not put on a good showing - they've played one game since February 22 so March 10 will be their second game during a 16-day span. It's good for getting healthier, but it can also lead to rust.

I hope we come out with fire. And if we can win, then we are easily the most well-rested for a back to back affair.

Comment

A&G has a great happy hour and is the closest thing to upscale dining that you'll find in Maryville. Pretty good food overall with a little bit of everything-steak, seafood, pasta, pizza, Greek food, wraps, burgers and I'm probably leaving some out.

Sorry, no wing street at Pizza Hut.

Comment

Comment

The biggest topic around town is how healthy are Chris and Justin? If they are full strength and NW handles the pressure of hosting I like their chances.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X