Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Matchups and Predictions

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Thanks, see ya there. If you want to look me up I'll be wearing green.
    Bearcat green I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
      Bearcat green I assume?
      Would it get me a ring too?

There will be some Southern gold mixed in with my green and I'm more than happy about that!

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        More reasons why SMSU will probably beat the Bearcats...
        SMSU and the rest of the NSIC can just look ahead and on past any game vs. The Lions since we were only 1-3 vs. The NSIC this year. We had nearly as many losses vs. The NSIC as we did in the whole 19 game regular season of MIAA play. Over-looking us might give us a little chance.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
          SMSU and the rest of the NSIC can just look ahead and on past any game vs. The Lions since we were only 1-3 vs. The NSIC this year. We had nearly as many losses vs. The NSIC as we did in the whole 19 game regular season of MIAA play. Over-looking us might give us a little chance.
          It was more me poking the SMSU bear, however I poked the MIAA one. I'll let someone else explain our thoughts on Bruggeman and the Stangers.

You were all talking about tight, pesky, physical defense, someone mentions dirty or cheap defense....leading to me mentioning SMSU.

I hate explaining my jokes.

Comment

I'll let someone else explain our thoughts on Bruggeman and the Stangers.
            A bunch of whiners who flopped and begged their way to 24 wins....

Comment

Apparently Carson's is the gathering spot for SMSU on Saturday.

Man I wish I could go!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                Apparently Carson's is the gathering spot for SMSU on Saturday.

Man I wish I could go!
                Maryville is a town of 11,000, so there's are not a plethora of culinary experiences. The palates of our northern visitors must be rather complicated with the likes of chislic and the Juicy Lucy. :))
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  I was amazed at how easily you found me at the regional in Mankato. Was it the gold Lakers cap that gave me away, or the incredibly stupid look on my face? :)
                  Most Mankato fans have and incredibly stupid look on their faces. My money is on the Lakers cap ;) Safe travels, Laker!

Comment

It was more me poking the SMSU bear, however I poked the MIAA one. I'll let someone else explain our thoughts on Bruggeman and the Stangers.

You were all talking about tight, pesky, physical defense, someone mentions dirty or cheap defense....leading to me mentioning SMSU.

I hate explaining my jokes.
                    Your jokes need to be alot better than that to get under our skin :)

I was about to invite you to join the brown and gold faithful for a couple cocktails, but I'm rethinking that decision! :)

Comment

Originally posted by MustangManiac View Post
                      Your jokes need to be alot better than that to get under our skin :)

I was about to invite you to join the brown and gold faithful for a couple cocktails, but I'm rethinking that decision! :)
                      Speaking of, saw a memory that it was nine years ago almost to the day that NSUguy and I ventured to Marshall, met Simple by random chance at some bar, idk what it was called, and got to listen to a student section chant USA every time one of our Serbian players had the ball.

All I got out of said memory was time flies and I can't believe how long I've been on these boards.

*I might be confusing two different trips to Marshall it that mess of a post.

Comment

Speaking of, saw a memory that it was nine years ago almost to the day that NSUguy and I ventured to Marshall, met Simple by random chance at some bar, idk what it was called, and got to listen to a student section chant USA every time one of our Serbian players had the ball.

All I got out of said memory was time flies and I can't believe how long I've been on these boards.

Time does fly...that was easily the most fun year I've ever had with SMSU basketball. I was still in school, and I think we went to about 6 away games that year, including when we brought about 100-150 students to Mankato at the end of the year with the conference title on the line.

Looking at the student section nowadays has me longing for yesteryear. Wait....I'm starting to sound like an old cranky man!

Comment

Ah, that regional was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                            Ah, that regional was fun!
                            Other than that classless chanting and squeezing our students in right next to the SMSU students it was a fun environment. The Winona experience and that one were pretty much the same and what I'd expect this weekend, Winona was the worst.

Just more reason that we should consider a central location for the regional instead of top seed. Although it's pretty hit and miss when you actually have full gyms like that, it is not enjoyable at all to travel and have no actual seat. Like I've said, not a shot at the schools, just puts a damper on those games.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangManiac View Post
                              Time does fly...that was easily the most fun year I've ever had with SMSU basketball. I was still in school, and I think we went to about 6 away games that year, including when we brought about 100-150 students to Mankato at the end of the year with the conference title on the line.

Looking at the student section nowadays has me longing for yesteryear. Wait....I'm starting to sound like an old cranky man!
                              The student section is brutal now. A number of reasons.

sometimes the schedule is bad wityh lots of home games on times when the students are on break -- whether Semester or just long weekend.

but overall, less kids going to the game. plain and simple. and most of those are other student athletes on my observations.

Disappointing.

the reality is you see the same less support at high school games from students in general for a whole host of similar reasons/

Comment

Other than that classless chanting and squeezing our students in right next to the SMSU students it was a fun environment. The Winona experience and that one were pretty much the same and what I'd expect this weekend, Winona was the worst.

Just more reason that we should consider a central location for the regional instead of top seed. Although it's pretty hit and miss when you actually have full gyms like that, it is not enjoyable at all to travel and have no actual seat. Like I've said, not a shot at the schools, just puts a damper on those games.
                                Boy I've heard FAR worse chants than that from a college student section, but I digress.

If a central location would ever pass, what would you suggest? Omaha? Sioux City? Do I remember a chatter about this in a different thread or am I going crazy?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X