Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Matchups and Predictions

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    I can't wait for Saturday but honestly I feel my team may not put on a good showing - they've played one game since February 22 so March 10 will be their second game during a 16-day span. It's good for getting healthier, but it can also lead to rust.

I hope we come out with fire. And if we can win, then we are easily the most well-rested for a back to back affair.
    Uh oh. Are we going down that road again this year??? :)

I do remember last year saying teams should get physical with Pitts and getting laughed at and dismissed. Then, low and behold, I read about NWMSU losing this year and the other team was very physical with Pitts. Weird... Same goes this year, especially if he's got a bum foot. They're still the best team and he's still the best player so you have to try different things to win.

No idea who guards Pitts for MSU on Saturday. Am guessing Anderson will have him when he's in the game (6'4" 205 and very quick) but he comes off the bench. Either way the Mavs will have to score since their defense is.... .....spotty.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
      A&G has a great happy hour and is the closest thing to upscale dining that you'll find in Maryville. Pretty good food overall with a little bit of everything-steak, seafood, pasta, pizza, Greek food, wraps, burgers and I'm probably leaving some out.

Sorry, no wing street at Pizza Hut.
      NSU has rented out a portion of it for alumni and fans so just curious. No WingStreet makes me a little sad. Just tell me there is a spot for greasy, non-crispy hash browns and I'll be ok, ha

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        What can you tell me about A&G in Maryville?

More importantly, does your Pizza Hut have a Wing Street? Haha
        Go to Pagliais instead.

Comment

NSU has rented out a portion of it for alumni and fans so just curious. No WingStreet makes me a little sad. Just tell me there is a spot for greasy, non-crispy hash browns and I'll be ok, ha
          Gray's truck stop north of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            Go to Pagliais instead.
            Considering it's dinner for one I am looking more for something to eat in my room, ha. I saw that place and the ratings are good, the picture of the pizza made me not want to go within a block of the place, so we'll see.

Sorry, I feel I have derailed this thread as well. So many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              Gray's truck stop north of town.
              As soon as I saw the title I assumed they'd be my go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I do remember last year saying teams should get physical with Pitts and getting laughed at and dismissed. Then, low and behold, I read about NWMSU losing this year and the other team was very physical with Pitts. Weird... Same goes this year, especially if he's got a bum foot. They're still the best team and he's still the best player so you have to try different things to win.

No idea who guards Pitts for MSU on Saturday. Am guessing Anderson will have him when he's in the game (6'4" 205 and very quick) but he comes off the bench. Either way the Mavs will have to score since their defense is.... .....spotty.
                I think the concern is the same as when you made the comment last year. If by physical you mean injuring him then that could be the game plan for any good player. Dirty, but a game plan.

NW has 3 losses this year. First at Southern. They always play well against us and they have the type of athletic, long players that can have a chance to guard Pitts. Second loss was to UNK. Were they physical? I honestly don't recall but he did sustain a concussion early. Third loss was to Southern again with Pitts at about 50% from turf toe.

Only one of those losses would I attribute to a team possibly being physical and it resulted in an injury. As was said last year, if simply "being physical" would help teams with Pitts then I'm sure many conference teams would have used that tactic over the last 4 years.

Comment

Considering it's dinner for one I am looking more for something to eat in my room, ha. I saw that place and the ratings are good, the picture of the pizza made me not want to go within a block of the place, so we'll see.

Sorry, I feel I have derailed this thread as well. So many questions.
                  Then order it delivered.

If you like thin crust pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                    I know that Northern State is well coached and is very fundamentally sound.
                    Extremely talented team that was supremely recruited by SaTTher but his in-game coaching is middle of the road at best.

As someone who has watched their team try to harnass Pitts with their "stoppers" I can safely say that it takes a village. Mankato doesnt have a village of disciplined soldiers buy they do have multiple waves of soldiers to send to the front lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                      As someone who has watched their team try to harnass Pitts with their "stoppers" I can safely say that it takes a village. Mankato doesnt have a village of disciplined soldiers buy they do have multiple waves of soldiers to send to the front lines.
                      You might be the only one who remembers this from the MSU-Winona NSIC men's basketball title game at the Pentagon years ago, but it reminded me of the green and white "Where's Waldo" shirt that you were wearing that night.

Who is the hunter? NSU4Life? A USF fan? John?

Comment

I was at the UNK game when Pitts got his concussion. UNK was very physical with him(he ended up on the floor nearly every time he drove the lane). One reason it worked was the fact that the refs seldom called a foul when that happened so he rarely had the chance to shot any foul shots.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                          I think the concern is the same as when you made the comment last year. If by physical you mean injuring him then that could be the game plan for any good player. Dirty, but a game plan.

NW has 3 losses this year. First at Southern. They always play well against us and they have the type of athletic, long players that can have a chance to guard Pitts. Second loss was to UNK. Were they physical? I honestly don't recall but he did sustain a concussion early. Third loss was to Southern again with Pitts at about 50% from turf toe.

Only one of those losses would I attribute to a team possibly being physical and it resulted in an injury. As was said last year, if simply "being physical" would help teams with Pitts then I'm sure many conference teams would have used that tactic over the last 4 years.
                          And as I said very clearly last year, not dirty, and not to injure. Do the conference teams have the players to do it? It seems there are many smallish/quick guards in the MIAA (not sure about big men) and they typically don't play physical defense. Apparently one team tried it and it was at least somewhat successful for UNK as they won the game.

Comment

And as I said very clearly last year, not dirty, and not to injure. Do the conference teams have the players to do it? It seems there are many smallish/quick guards in the MIAA (not sure about big men) and they typically don't play physical defense. Apparently one team tried it and it was at least somewhat successful for UNK as they won the game.
                            I remember watching Hill and Clark from MSU take turns guarding MacIntosh from Auggie in Elmen. He ended up with about 32 points but was worn down by the end. Neither of them were dirty or real physical players but they did a good job of tiring him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              Im not sure the Mavs have anyone close to containing (not stopping) Pitts. They'll be much bigger than he is but that's about where the advantages will cease, and at 5'7", he's used to that. As I mentioned, the Mavs will have to score to win. They aren't going to win any defensive battles.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                                I remember watching Hill and Clark from MSU take turns guarding MacIntosh from Auggie in Elmen. He ended up with about 32 points but was worn down by the end. Neither of them were dirty or real physical players but they did a good job of tiring him out.
                                You mean they were physical and weren't trying to injure him??????? :)

I remember the same game. Hill was 5'6" so he gave up a ton of size, even to MacIntosh! And Clark was never one to be called physical at all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X