Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC women's hoops

Augie women, with the officials as accomplices, committed grand larceny in the final five minutes to beat the Mavs today.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      Augie women, with the officials as accomplices, committed grand larceny in the final five minutes to beat the Mavs today.
      I don't know if I should laugh or cry!

I had thought about coming down for these games but with the bad weather forecast decided to stay home. It is super windy here right now- not much snow yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        :) Glad you made the observation:). Mavs put up a good fight today. At least they seem to be making improvement as the season progresses.

Comment

Mav women take down Moorhead 76-70. After holding a 25 point lead in the third quarter, Moorhead got it down to 2 late, but the Mavs were able to hold off the charge and get the victory.

Comment

SMSU 78, UMC 71
            Erin Baxter scores 22 points off the bench to lead SMSU. UMC's Isieoma Odor scores 25 points in 27 minutes.

Rebounding: SMSU 47, UMC 25 (SMSU had 20 off. rebounds to UMC's 17 def. rebounds)
            Turnovers: SMSU 27, UMC 21

Double-digit wins for SMSU (10-10) for the first time since 2009-10.

Comment

The first half for the Mavs was their best of the year. Droost was on fire. They had a fourth quarter meltdown- Droost barely touched the ball and there were way too many turnovers. But they held on for a win over the top team in the league.

Concordia seems to be a team on the way up. They looked terrible in their opener in Mankato- now they have turned their season around.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                The first half for the Mavs was their best of the year. Droost was on fire. They had a fourth quarter meltdown- Droost barely touched the ball and there were way too many turnovers. But they held on for a win over the top team in the league.
                When the Midco guys mentioned the halftime score at halftime of our game, I thought for sure that they had the scores switched.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  When the Midco guys mentioned the halftime score at halftime of our game, I thought for sure that they had the scores switched.
                  I could hardly believe my eyes. I had to keep thinking- this is a twenty point lead, not a ten point lead. Until the fourth quarter and things were slipping away. Fortunately they pulled it out.

Comment

Nsu women and Mankato women should both get a loss for this game, yikes

Halfway through the 2nd Mankato leads 19-11, teams shooting a combined 11-51

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                      Nsu women and Mankato women should both get a loss for this game, yikes
                      Should not NSU should get theirs with a capital L. Haha

Comment

MSU leads 23-17 at the half, combined 15-67, 3-19 from deep. Biggest difference is Mankato is 7-9 on FTs, NSU didnt even get to the line.

Comment

Mankato one for their last 20 from deep. But wasnt enough to let the Wolves back in. Mavs win it 54-40 in possibly the worst shooting basketball game I have ever watched. 30-122 shooting combined, 5-37 from deep.

I know the Wolves lost a ton last year (the last year of Polari recruits) but man, this squad is about as sloppy as I've seen of a Northern team. If we were running Freds set plays, maybe it would work better, but this crew tries to push the pace when they arent reall built for that. IMO.

Paula's first year, not the most talent and has an absolute awesome player for next year, so we have time to correct things.

Comment

Northern is really down this year. Seemingly not a lot of quickness or overall team speed. MSU played poorly overall, but well enough to pull away and win their third consecutive game. The new coach at Northern will likely need some time to recruit and rebuild.

Comment

Mavs didn't play well at all. It was an ugly game to watch. I've been watching Northern for over two decades- I even coached some of their former players in summer camp. They were physically and mentally tough players and played hard. This on the other hand by far the WORST Northern team that I've ever seen. I couldn't name one of their players that I would want. Very slow and sloppy. Well, everything goes through cycles.

Comment

I'm hoping the Mav women can maintain momentum the rest of the regular season. Three of the last six games are vs. teams with losing records, and two of the three against teams with winning records currently are at home. Still a chance to move up a position or even two, depending on how WSC and SW do in their last six. Losing just one senior that plays major minutes, so can hope for a better season next year if the current players and incoming class continue to work and improve.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X