Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NSIC women's hoops

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    As much as everyone likes to pick on Crookston...my goodness it is hard to imagine having a bigger uphill battle than turning around Upper Iowa womens hoops.
    Not related, but related....

This is also why I believe it's good to hire coaches with strong ties to a region or school. In many cases, a coach with no ties would take the turnaround at SMSU or a potential turnaround at UIU and use it as a stepping stone to a bigger job. Not saying a coach like Webb wouldn't do that or that all non-local coaches use their jobs as stepping stones, but I think it's harder to pull away a coach when there's strong ties keeping him at the school.

Hard not to be pleased with the current state of SMSU basketball, with two SMSU alums leading the programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      Not related, but related....

This is also why I believe it's good to hire coaches with strong ties to a region or school. In many cases, a coach with no ties would take the turnaround at SMSU or a potential turnaround at UIU and use it as a stepping stone to a bigger job. Not saying a coach like Webb wouldn't do that or that all non-local coaches use their jobs as stepping stones, but I think it's harder to pull away a coach when there's strong ties keeping him at the school.

Hard not to be pleased with the current state of SMSU basketball, with two SMSU alums leading the programs.
      I kind of get what you ate saying but if someone is using a place as a stepping stone winning virtually no games, their next stone is going to be a new line of work.

Comment

Womens game had 4,311 on hand. Good Bless Ethanol night, haha

Comment

I kind of get what you ate saying but if someone is using a place as a stepping stone winning virtually no games, their next stone is going to be a new line of work.
          Talking about whoever gets UIU back on track, not the current coaches. Though you're right that it may be a tougher task than even SMSU was. Coaching history since they joined the NSIC....

Kelly Kielsmeier 0-11 0.000
          Micha Thompson 9-63 0.125 (Oklahoma native / Utah state assistant)
          Carol Russell 28-136 0.170 (Nebraska grad / UNK coach)
          Mike Brown 7-40 0.148 (Drake grad / ICCC coach)
          Ben Conrad 16-42 0.276 (UNI grad / DMACC coach)

I was really hoping UIU would have press releases archived of who the finalists were each time.....

Comment

Talking about whoever gets UIU back on track, not the current coaches. Though you're right that it may be a tougher task than even SMSU was. Coaching history since they joined the NSIC....

Kelly Kielsmeier 0-11 0.000
            Micha Thompson 9-63 0.125 (Oklahoma native / Utah state assistant)
            Carol Russell 28-136 0.170 (Nebraska grad / UNK coach)
            Mike Brown 7-40 0.148 (Drake grad / ICCC coach)
            Ben Conrad 16-42 0.276 (UNI grad / DMACC coach)

I was really hoping UIU would have press releases archived of who the finalists were each time.....
            With all you have going on on a a Friday night I'm shocked you had time to do this! Haha. 60-292...yikes

Comment

With all you have going on on a a Friday night I'm shocked you had time to do this! Haha. 60-292...yikes
              I didn't really have time, but here I am....

Comment

I didn't really have time, but here I am....
                It's addicting! My wife yells at me all the time. "You really need to just get a job doing all that stuff. You are ridiculous."

Comment

It's addicting! My wife yells at me all the time. "You really need to just get a job doing all that stuff. You are ridiculous."
                  Luckily my job is at least somewhat related

Comment

Mav women led 41-31 at half. In the third quarter Droost finally scored right before the buzzer to bring the total points to five in that stanza. Throw in a whole bunch of turnovers and the final result was the same as the men's game. Another disappointment.

Comment

Comment

Mavs win 86-67 as Upper Iowa remains winless in the NSIC. 4 Mavs in double figures- and I have no idea why their leading scorer Taylor Droost didn't play.

Comment

Matt Zimmer
                          ?
                          Verified account

@argusmattz
                          15s15 seconds ago
                          More
                          Final: @USFcougars_wbb 76, @AugieWBB 62. Kaely Hummel with 28 points for the Cougars, who win their 7th straight and 20th of the year.

Comment

Moorhead clinches share of overall NSIC title. Concordia clinches share of South title.

Comment

Congratulations to Moorhead women on securing the nsic regular season championship. Also, only one senior on the team. Future is bright.

Comment

The current No. 5 seed in the North would have the eighth-best record in the South.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X