X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: PREDICTIONS - 2018-19 NSIC Preseason Coaches' Poll

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      SMSU's powder puff schedule has been adressed enough but losing to an Emporia St team at home that got rolled by USF the next night is more damming. Having said that, I'm confident they'll win plenty of free throw contests this year.
      I understand it's often all we have until they throw the ball up, but I don't like the common opponents argument. So many variables.

If we go by that, the NSIC is in a lot of trouble again. USF and Northern both figure to be at/near the top of the NSIC, right? Well they both lost to Truman State (in Aberdeen), which got blown out by 27 points against Northwest Missouri State.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        I understand it's often all we have until they throw the ball up, but I don't like the common opponents argument. So many variables.

If we go by that, the NSIC is in a lot of trouble again. USF and Northern both figure to be at/near the top of the NSIC, right? Well they both lost to Truman State (in Aberdeen), which got blown out by 27 points against Northwest Missouri State.
        The NSIC is not very good this year. Northern and USF both lost by one possession to a team that made their regional last year, albeit missing their best player until December. You lost on your home court by 9 points to a team that has yet to beat another D2 team this year. Sure this proves your point a little, but I think we can all see the difference in logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          , but still quality win by 30. Upper Iowa has had some good showing recently also. This may be more balanced conference than it first appeared with everyone picking the same 4-5 teams at the top, including me....
          I would agree. Kearney has a couple of very good players, but lacks depth. Overall their team has some length but is a step slow, and WSC took advantage of that.

It is possible that it was one of those "perfect storm" kind of games that every team has once or twice a year. Wayne's squad really seemed dialed in, with everyone understanding their roles and responsibilities. Might last, might not. Right now the chemistry looks very good, but they'll have to continue to generously share the ball among a half dozen guys capable of hitting double figures on any given night. We'll see how the road games go, and how they respond on nights when the shots don't fall. Good start to the year though, especially given the struggles of the past half dozen years.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
            I would agree. Kearney has a couple of very good players, but lacks depth. Overall their team has some length but is a step slow, and WSC took advantage of that.

It is possible that it was one of those "perfect storm" kind of games that every team has once or twice a year. Wayne's squad really seemed dialed in, with everyone understanding their roles and responsibilities. Might last, might not. Right now the chemistry looks very good, but they'll have to continue to generously share the ball among a half dozen guys capable of hitting double figures on any given night. We'll see how the road games go, and how they respond on nights when the shots don't fall. Good start to the year though, especially given the struggles of the past half dozen years.
            I think Wayne will continue to build a grow. Should have a solid year.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
              So Wayne beat Kearney tonight by 30. And Jacks had a subpar game, largely due to early foul trouble. He has plenty of help this year, and the squad really played well together considering all the new players that have been integrated into the rotation. The Kaminsky hire is looking really good at this point.
              stunned by the margin. Wayne looks decent his year!

Comment

I will go with the following prediction

North

1. SCSU
                2. NSU
                (big gap)
                3. Moorhead
                4. UMD
                5. UMC
                6. Bemidji
                7. Minot
                8. Mary

South

1. Mankato - SMSU - USF (3 way tie)
                4. Upper Iowa
                5. Wayne
                6. Augie
                7. Winona (these 4 with good years and not too far behind the top 3 - just a brutally tought South)
                8. CSP

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                  I will go with the following prediction

North

1. SCSU
                  2. NSU
                  (big gap)
                  3. Moorhead
                  4. UMD
                  5. UMC
                  6. Bemidji
                  7. Minot
                  8. Mary

South

1. Mankato - SMSU - USF (3 way tie)
                  4. Upper Iowa
                  5. Wayne
                  6. Augie
                  7. Winona (these 4 with good years and not too far behind the top 3 - just a brutally tought South)
                  8. CSP
                  Small Edit

North

1. SCSU
                  (big gap)
                  2. NSU
                  (smaller gap)
                  3. Moorhead
                  4. UMD
                  5. UMC
                  6. Bemidji
                  7. Minot