7. St. Cloud
    8. Southern Arkansas
    9. Wayne St.
    10. Minnesota Mankato

Ft. Hays, SE Oklahoma, East Central, Henderson St, Moorhead

Comment

Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      All in fun but...Simon Fraser had a nice upset win tonight to move to 10-10 on the year, 4-8 in conference play.

Comment

And yet still 12-10 with a losing record in the conference. It helps, but not much. However, congrats to Simon Fraser on giving themselves a chance at their first winning season in probably 15 to 20 years. (I dont actually know I just know I've never seen it)

Comment

Also raises the point that the national rankings are kind of a joke. Damn near impossible that there are no NSIC teams in the top 25.

Comment

And yet still 12-10 with a losing record in the conference. It helps, but not much. However, congrats to Simon Fraser on giving themselves a chance at their first winning season in probably 15 to 20 years. (I dont actually know I just know I've never seen it)
            If I recall correctly, Crookston, another team with a losing conference record, recently gave the mighty wolves everything they could handle on the wolves home floor.

Comment

Another set of rankings that I find interesting but have no bearing on actual regional rankings is Massey.

1 NWMSU
              2 Northern
              3 Washburn
              4 Mo Southern
              5 S Nazarene
              6 Wayne St
              7 Lincoln
              8 St Cloud
              9 Mankato
              10 Duluth

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                If I recall correctly, Crookston, another team with a losing conference record, recently gave the mighty wolves everything they could handle on the wolves home floor.
                Correct...and Truman and Chadron...what's your point? I was speaking of Simon Fraser not of Moorhead. Sheesh
                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-10-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Correct and Truman and Chadron...what's your point? I was speaking of Simon Fraser not of Moorhead. Sheesh
                  Point is not sure what it means if a team is under .500 in a conference. Teams under .500 in conference beat top teams in conferences all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                    Also raises the point that the national rankings are kind of a joke. Damn near impossible that there are no NSIC teams in the top 25.

Comment

So it isn't WAAAAAYYY too early anymore, but I didn't see another thread.

I think, after an unfortunate performance at Mankato on Saturday plus St Cloud's upset (?) win at Northern, Wayne is now sitting squarely in 4th place among the NSIC contestants. Yes, Wayne also has a nice win at Northern, but the Wildcats are 0-3 vs Mankato and St Cloud. Looks like they need to win their last two games and then perform well in the NSIC tournament, while simultaneously one of the top 3 needs to falter. I'm just not confident the NSIC will get four teams in. Bummer.

If anyone wants to argue that Wayne could currently be in the top 3 of the NSIC I'm willing to listen. Unfortunately what I see thus far is that they haven't yet found a way to beat teams that have superior athletic ability. Hustle and scheme can only go so far against the length and quickness of the Huskies and Mavs (especially when Gage Davis is in Beast Mode).

Comment

I am wondering how many bids the MIAA will get. Lincoln lost both of their games last week and Fort Hays lost one. They are both 9-6 in the league sitting in a tie for 4th place. Lincoln has their last 4 games at home and a huge one on Sat against Washburn. Fort Hays has a big game next week against Southern. I think one of those teams can get in but they still have some work to do. I think Washburn and Southern are in unless they totally collapse in the last 4. The MIAA tourney may determine if the conf gets 4 in or not.

Comment

Barring any big collapses I would say Northwest Mo, Washburn, Mo Southern, Northern, St Cloud, and Southern Nazarene are in. That leaves 2 spots for everyone else to fight for. Those could very well go to conference champs outside of those six. Southern Arkansas might have the easiest path to claiming a bid out of the GAC, but they do have at least one more game against Nazarene left. Lincoln, Wayne, Mankato, Sioux Falls, and Moorhead could have a claim to the last spot but I don't think any of them have done enough yet to earn it. The last couple spots will be earned in the conference tourneys.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
                            So it isn't WAAAAAYYY too early anymore, but I didn't see another thread.

I think, after an unfortunate performance at Mankato on Saturday plus St Cloud's upset (?) win at Northern, Wayne is now sitting squarely in 4th place among the NSIC contestants. Yes, Wayne also has a nice win at Northern, but the Wildcats are 0-3 vs Mankato and St Cloud. Looks like they need to win their last two games and then perform well in the NSIC tournament, while simultaneously one of the top 3 needs to falter. I'm just not confident the NSIC will get four teams in. Bummer.

If anyone wants to argue that Wayne could currently be in the top 3 of the NSIC I'm willing to listen. Unfortunately what I see thus far is that they haven't yet found a way to beat teams that have superior athletic ability. Hustle and scheme can only go so far against the length and quickness of the Huskies and Mavs (especially when Gage Davis is in Beast Mode).
                            I agree. I've felt going into last weekend that the Mankato game was a must-win.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                              Barring any big collapses I would say Northwest Mo, Washburn, Mo Southern, Northern, St Cloud, and Southern Nazarene are in. That leaves 2 spots for everyone else to fight for. Those could very well go to conference champs outside of those six. Southern Arkansas might have the easiest path to claiming a bid out of the GAC, but they do have at least one more game against Nazarene left. Lincoln, Wayne, Mankato, Sioux Falls, and Moorhead could have a claim to the last spot but I don't think any of them have done enough yet to earn it. The last couple spots will be earned in the conference tourneys.

Comment

I could see Southern Ark win the GAC tourney and that would probably mean the MIAA and NSIC only get 3 teams each into the regional.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X